AP poll 2/4: How far will UConn drop? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

AP poll 2/4: How far will UConn drop?

Reaction Score
So Mississippi State hasn't done enough in the last 3 seasons to earn national use of MSU on a Women's BB board. Tough crowd.

When I use it I kinda assume my avatar and the name below it help.

For me,
I don't care how well SoCar does in WCBB, USC is always the team in Cali.
OSU is Ohio St; maybe Okla St.
MSU doesn't resonate much with me, but moreso Mich St than anything else.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
For me,
I don't care how well SoCar does in WCBB, USC is always the team in Cali.
OSU is Ohio St; maybe Okla St.
MSU doesn't resonate much with me, but moreso Mich St than anything else.

I've occasionally use USCe or USCw to denote the two SC's, but I generally think of South Carolina as SC and Southern Cal as USC.

I use OK St or Okie St, which they prolly hate.

I think most of the SEC thinks of MSU as Mississippi State because they play us pretty often. I understand Michigan St is more of a national brand. MSS may work for some, but is not used at all by Bulldog fans.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
So Mississippi State hasn't done enough in the last 3 seasons to earn national use of MSU on a Women's BB board. Tough crowd.

When I use it I kinda assume my avatar and the name below it help.

My Big Ten country brain goes to Michigan State for MSU, but in the context of women's basketball it's usually easy to figure out the school to which is being referred.

UT is the confusing one for me. Because that could be Texas or Tennessee and each are relevant in women's basketball (well, Tennessee used to be :p)

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I may have to eat my words now, from a previous post regarding Antonelli and something to do with Siberia. Tastes good, thank you...can I have another? :rolleyes:
I don't know about the rest of you posters but, D. Antonelli irritates me for a number of reasons. Also, she seems to love to let people know that she has a vote on the top 25 teams.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I feel like the context makes the acronym clear in about 95% of the cases. If I talk about "Oregon's loss to MSU," obviously I'm talking about Michigan State; if it's "Oregon's win over MSU," then it's Mississippi State.

But on the rare times context doesn't clarify (e.g., "that reminds me of Ionescu's performance in the MSU game"), I'll write the dang thing out.

Reaction Score
I think where BYers are having disagreements is where "logic" is being used to forecast the AP Poll & the NCAA Committee's seeding the teams for the tournament!
But remember back to 2001, where Sue Bird hit the last second shot to beat ND & win the Big East Tournament than a week later when ND was placed as the #1 #1 over UCONN because the Committee Chairwoman said ND was placed because they beat UCONN TWICE, winning the Big East regular season AND Tournament!
Forget the rules and logic NOTHING APPLIES HERE! The seeding is what the Committee decides on that date!
Common Sense be da--ed!

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
I think where BYers are having disagreements is where "logic" is being used to forecast the AP Poll & the NCAA Committee's seeding the teams for the tournament!
But remember back to 2001, where Sue Bird hit the last second shot to beat ND & win the Big East Tournament than a week later when ND was placed as the #1 #1 over UCONN because the Committee Chairwoman said ND was placed because they beat UCONN TWICE, winning the Big East regular season AND Tournament!
Forget the rules and logic NOTHING APPLIES HERE! The seeding is what the Committee decides on that date!
Common Sense be da--ed!
That is actually logical, if a team wins two out of three head to head and barely loss the third, they should be the higher seed.... that is common sense...

Reaction Score
That is actually logical, if a team wins two out of three head to head and barely loss the third, they should be the higher seed.... that is common sense...
I believe what @RSHERMVIKES was remembering was the chairwoman based her (and the committee's) seeding rationale on the incorrect and incompetent belief that ND won the BE tournament final game when, in fact, UConn did.

Reaction Score
I believe what @RSHERMVIKES was remembering was the chairwoman based her (and the committee's) seeding rationale on the incorrect and incompetent belief that ND won the BE tournament final game when, in fact, UConn did.

Thanks j66kicker! Yes the Chairwoman was completely ignorant of the UCONN victory in the BE Tournament and when the ESPN crew pointed out that UCONN WON the Finals the Chairwoman looked incredulously and said, "They did?"

Reaction Score
Thanks j66kicker! Yes the Chairwoman was completely ignorant of the UCONN victory in the BE Tournament and when the ESPN crew pointed out that UCONN WON the Finals the Chairwoman looked incredulously and said, "They did?"

I do not believe that is correct.

I'm pretty sure she said "they won the big east conference." Which they did, as the regular season. Technically the co-champ, but they were the #1 seed.

UConn got bumped down because Shea was injured during the BET game and out for the season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom