Ap article on the game - Geno was booed | The Boneyard

Ap article on the game - Geno was booed

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"Auriemma was booed by the raucous crowd during pregame introductions, then again when the coach was whistled for a technical foul with his team ahead 19 points with 13:22 remaining."

LINK

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
I think Geno, being a bit of a ham, actually enjoys being booed by the opposition's fans. It gets his juices flowing and is the ultimate sign of respect, even if not intended that way.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
No doubt that some Stanford fans will never accept Geno because of his relationship with Pat Summitt. The Stanford fans, like many adore Pat and she could do no wrong.

John A tweeted that UConn and the Lady Vols might be playing as early as 2014/15.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I think Geno, being a bit of a ham, actually enjoys being booed by the opposition's fans. It gets his juices flowing and is the ultimate sign of respect, even if not intended that way.

I'll go one step further. I think that his getting booed by the opposition in some ways galvanizes the team. The team must feel like, "Hey, they can't treat coach that way!" I can just see the smile on his face right now! :D

Reaction Score
The UConn student section isn't the friendliest during intros, so maybe it was just payback! :p

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Stanford men's hoops fans are notorious.

I would think that the Olympic coach might get more respect. It's not as if the USA lost.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
The UConn student section isn't the friendliest during intros, so maybe it was just payback! :p
I doubt the Santa Claus look-alike in Birkenstocks behind the scorers table, that Geno told to go "F" himself after he got T'd-up, was a student. ;)

Reaction Score
When he got the technical he was so mad I think someone in the stands said something and it looked like Geno turned and yelled back at the guy that was standing up a few rows behind the scorers table.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

I would think that the Olympic coach might get more respect. It's not as if the USA lost.
He's not the USA Olympic coach today.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

So you think Coach K wont get booed in opposing arenas this season ??? He was the Olympic Coach too.... :p

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So you think Coach K wont get booed in opposing arenas this season ??? He was the Olympic Coach too.... :p
The women's game is more genteel. :)

Feeling confident about Duke's game against the Huskies?

Reaction Score
No doubt that some Stanford fans will never accept Geno because of his relationship with Pat Summitt. The Stanford fans, like many adore Pat and she could do no wrong.

John A tweeted that UConn and the Lady Vols might be playing as early as 2014/15.

They boos were faint and light hearted. Stanford fans, myself included, have a great deal of respect for Geno and UConn -which have nothing to do with Pat and TN.

Congrats on a great game.

Reaction Score

Omg. First, the student fans are the men's games are never any where to be found at the women's games. I've had season tickets to both and the crowds could not be MORE different. Our crowd is very much likes yours, TN and other women's programs, a bunch of old farts. And second, Stanford fans were never boo the US Olympic coach while coaching the USA team on our floor, even if he bench one of our players. I am certain of that.

Congrats on a great game again.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
The fans behind me were hilariously ill-informed about basketball. They were clearly Stanford alum or something, because they were in all red, etc. They knew nothing about the game, they knew a few of the players' names on the Cardinal, but at one point complained that "UConn gets too many timeouts" when there was a media timeout immediately after a UConn timeout.

Other than that, the Stanford friends were super gracious. I can see how much fun it would be to play in Maples, it gets really loud in there and the band is great.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
He's not the USA Olympic coach today.

That title doesn't mean much at this point. I hate booing but young students will always do that. I hear it during Baylor games and I cringe.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
That title doesn't mean much at this point. I hate booing but young students will always do that. I hear it during Baylor games and I cringe.

The “Title” means a lot for me…speak for yourself.

As for student booing, I suggest you avoid D1 college hockey

Reaction Score

Very true! But those are the students. The typical UCONN crowd has always been a classy bunch toward opposing coaches at least at every game I have ever been to. I have always heard cheers and clapping even for Pat Summit and V. Stringer.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
The women's games' fans are just a bunch of old farts? That isn't true at ND, you know. The students support WCBB. Are you sure this is right at Stanford and UCONN? I'm surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom