Ap article on the game - Geno was booed | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ap article on the game - Geno was booed

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Um, whoever thinks CVS isn't boo'ed in Conn is imagining it. Or at least, was for many years.

I hear that since I relocated the RAC crowd stopped booing Geno, presumably because he was the olympic coach. It was never personal, and he would make gestures like "bring it on" when he walked in and got boo'ed. Doesn't seem to bother him one bit.

Bands are often worse than the general crowd. In spite of what a lot of UConn fans think, the ever shrinking "regulars" at RU games are quite normal for a women's game - and even had to complain to the athletic department about the nasty behavior of the band to opposing players, who have to walk right past them to get on the court.

Not necessarily all "old farts" but that's a major component, as well as some families with younger children.

Reaction Score
The women's games' fans are just a bunch of old farts? That isn't true at ND, you know. The students support WCBB. Are you sure this is right at Stanford and UCONN? I'm surprised.

I meant in general, we have a lot of families too, but the majority of Stanford fans are older. I lumped Uconn in there because of what I've read on their boards regarding their fan base and seen at games. I know you guys get a lot of students for big games, and we would have as well if it wasn't break and the football team being in Pasadena.

Reaction Score
The fans behind me were hilariously ill-informed about basketball. They were clearly Stanford alum or something, because they were in all red, etc. They knew nothing about the game, they knew a few of the players' names on the Cardinal, but at one point complained that "UConn gets too many timeouts" when there was a media timeout immediately after a UConn timeout.

Other than that, the Stanford friends were super gracious. I can see how much fun it would be to play in Maples, it gets really loud in there and the band is great.

That's too funny. We don't get many sellouts, so they were probably newbies. They were probably alumni who wanted to take friends or families to a big game, especially over the holidays when guests are in town.

The boos that I heard were sarcastic/laughing while they were booing, not hateful. After all, Geno has beaten us at a few final fours, so people may not be his biggest fan.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
"I have always heard cheers and clapping even for Pat Summit and V. Stringer."

If you never heard lots of booing for C. Vivian and Pat, you should go to your ENT doctor. It's hearing-aid time.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I think the booing for CViv was pretty much limited to the time around Cappygate.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The women's game is more genteel. :)

Apparently the folks in College Park didnt get the memo... :D

Feeling confident about Duke's game against the Huskies?

About the same as I did before the Stanford game. Ive felt during the offseason, and so far during the season that Duke > Stanford, and nothing Ive seen this year has changed my opinion.

One thing for sure.... Duke will score more than 13 points in the first half, and 35 points for the game like Stanford did. We may only score 14 and 36.... but we wont be held down like the Cardinal ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

About the same as I did before the Stanford game. Ive felt during the offseason, and so far during the season that Duke > Stanford, and nothing Ive seen this year has changed my opinion.

One thing for sure.... Duke will score more than 13 points in the first half, and 35 points for the game like Stanford did. We may only score 14 and 36.... but we wont be held down like the Cardinal ;)
So Triad predicts that Duke will score 36 against UConn. :)

I may go to a game at Maryland this year. Yep, their fans are as rude as any.

Reaction Score

Joanne P. is not known for her teams running any sort of offense. Dook will lose by 20.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Joanne P. is not known for her teams running any sort of offense. Dook will lose by 20.

Well a Duke team with no offense will surely score more than 13 points in a half.... and 35 points in the game AT Uconn..... :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Well a Duke team with no offense will surely score more than 13 points in a half.... and 35 points in the game AT Uconn..... :rolleyes:
Yeah, I know where the game is being played. Maybe, I'll take the bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom