Anyone see the fantastic discussion taking place on the Syracuse board? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Anyone see the fantastic discussion taking place on the Syracuse board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We've never had a must have game on our schedule. Our rival has always been the best team(s) in the league at that given time because they stood in the way of championships. Even in down years, we were only a year or so away from contending.

So our rivals at different points were Gtown, Pitt, Cuse, Nova, Louisville. BC had the Dudley years, ND had a couple too. PC, Stj, Hall, RU never good enough. Marq, Cincy, DePaul, not around long enough.

So, for OOC, I want the best programs available. No need to beg former BE teams. If Cuse wants to play us at MSG, I'll be there, same for StJ. To me, that venue is more important than the team.

Reaction Score
All I want over the next 3 years, is #5. I'm sorry but 5 in say 20 years places us as the best program since the field of 64 started.

If you are pimping your championship from the 60's, or even the 70's (especially if you weren't born then) you find another team to root for.

5 puts us past Duke overall, puts us past North Carolina and Indiana in current relevancy. Even Kentucky's 5 championships before 1980 wouldn't seem like much.

5 is an argument killer. I think we are going to get 5 and I think it will happen soon.

Reaction Score
All I want over the next 3 years, is #5. I'm sorry but 5 in say 20 years places us as the best program since the field of 64 started.

If you are pimping your championship from the 60's, or even the 70's (especially if you weren't born then) you find another team to root for.

5 puts us past Duke overall, puts us past North Carolina and Indiana in current relevancy. Even Kentucky's 5 championships before 1980 wouldn't seem like much.

5 is an argument killer. I think we are going to get 5 and I think it will happen soon.
#4 was the argument killer.

#5 is just gonna be because we're UConn and numerically 5 follows 4.

No one still arguing is worth arguing with.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
We could win the next five consecutive tournaments and it still wouldn't be an argument killer, because there'd always be a next season, and at some point we'd lose two straight in Texas or something and the argument would be "Have the 9-time champion Huskies taken a step back? Is it BC's turn to dominate New England?" or something stupid like that, and there'd be guys on a Syracuse board making APR cracks. It will never stop.
Four titles in 16 seasons is maybe the best run in the modern era. Just enjoy it.

Reaction Score
Duke won't ever play in Gampel or the XL unless it's a conference game. UNC will. Duke only plays OOC at Cameron or in a large arena "where our alumni can see us." It's a minor form of Boeheim type scheduling and they have done it for years.

This is the main reason Boeheim and K are such good friends. Both complete cowards when it comes to scheduling.

Reaction Score
UConn and Syracuse...Both fanbases talk about the other fanbase more than any other school's fanbase. And those conversations drip with pure hate, with no quarter given and no point conceded. To deny the rivalry is to deny an obvious reality, and only deeply buried insecurity can possibly be the source of such denial.

Agreed. I really dislike the BS being spewed by both sides.

Reaction Score
I have many friends from ‘Cuse and UConn and our tradition would be to catch games at MSG, root for our teams, trash talk our friends, get drunk, and have a jolly good time. Isn’t that what college basketball should be about? We would watch the teams play on a blacktop in Harlem. F! conference realignment.

Reaction Score
A Syracuse "Fan" said:
One more time: What does UConn have to do with SU?

SU played a very entertaining group of teams last season and not having UConn on the schedule did not diminish that at all. I can't recall anyone saying "hey we're 25-0 but it's meaningless since we didn't play UConn." And for the love of god who cares if UConn wins 25 more basketball titles or falls off the table...not one of those titles helped to get them to a P5 conference so I hope they enjoy all those electrifying games against Tulsa.

500px-HA_HA_HA,_OH_WOW.jpg

Reaction Score
The cuse board is like stepping into insanity. Most ignorant group l've encountered . What planet are they on. 25-0 is all you here and what did that get them. I will reply to some of their nonsense for a few laughs and I will be banned shortly as the friars have also done.

Reaction Score
I have my fond memories of being in the greatest BB conference there ever was. Unfortunately it's now over. Cuse is now in the ACC. We don't play them. SO WHAT. I see us in the same pre season tourney or in the NCAA's playing each other because Cuse won't schedule anything but beatable teams OOC. I get it. Good luck to you all and enjoy the college BB as it is. Enough penis measuring. Titles yada yada yada. Go outside and get your blood pressure down communing with nature. Please don't be internet trolls wearing UCONN Blue and White. Keep it classy......... That is all.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, I agree with the Cuse fans there is no benefit playing UConn - they like the usual cream puffs OOC schedule and the ACC will give them an OK RPI. Why get your butt kicked by UConn?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The cuse board is like stepping into insanity. Most ignorant group l've encountered . What planet are they on. 25-0 is all you here and what did that get them. I will reply to some of their nonsense for a few laughs and I will be banned shortly as the friars have also done.
I didn't read their thread but I suspect that they are just baiting us I know I would tweak them, if the circumstances were reversed. But since 4>1, I find it hard to care much about them. The 'also rans' seldom get much attention.

Reaction Score
Was in Syracuse a few weeks ago. Went there for a wedding. The ceremony was at Hendricks Chapel on the SU campus. Most of the attendees stayed at the Jefferson Clinton Hotel. Loved the city, especially the art deco buildings, and it has a ton of potential. I jogged in the area on Saturday afternoon with my UConn Double Trouble tshirt on and no one said boo. Positive experience. Still those message board SU fans make me wish bad things on the institution and the city.

You loved the "city" of Syracuse and think it has a ton of potential? First of all you and I can never be friends, and secondly we both have very different definitions of city. It's a small dirty town in the middle of absolutely nothing, and 5 hours from the only real city in the state. I live in NYC and once you drive more than an hour out of the city in any direction, the state is absolute hell on earth. I wouldn't live in Syracuse for any amount of money and I'm not even factoring in the college being located there. Storrs might be a dumpy town but at least you can escape to Boston in a little over an hour or NYC in 2.5 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom