Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide? | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It was built in 1968, but was refurbished just 10 years ago. The renovation lowered the capacity by over 2000 seats, but the venue is now more comfortable. Gampel was constructed in 1990.

Gampel may have been built in 1990 but some of their seats are from Roman times!!!!

Reaction Score
DaddyChoc (and Charlie), Notre Dame's home games are all streamed free on the internet by Notre Dame, unless they are available on ESPN2 or ESPN3. Some of the away games are not available except for pay, but that wouldn't affect the home attendance. My contention was not that ND has a greater fan following than UConn, for I do not believe that to be true, but rather to give evidence that ND WBB is NOT ignored at home, which was Rocky's contention.

As for me being defensive, it seemed to me that Rocky was dismissive of the Irish basketball program. His posting history indicates little respect for Muffet/Notre Dame. His more egregious entries get erased by mods before most people see them. If Rocky were just offering an opinion, why called McGraw's Bench the "Tuffet"?

It's ok for ND fans to call GENO Luigi--but not do a harmonym of Muffet?? I'm a Muffet fan, mostly, sometimes not so much, I call her Muffy, Tuffet, etc--none to me sound disrespectful.

Reaction Score
Gampel may have been built in 1990 but some of their seats are from Roman times!!!!
They are from the French Prison Colony in South America---used for punishment--bad prisoners were forced to sit on them for 40 to 60 minutes at a time. When the prisoners knew this punishment was coming --they committed suicide !!!

Reaction Score
you got info on the TV viewership. which sways the in-person stats... I live in walking distance from the XL Center and (come to think of it) Im not sure that I've seen the Big 3 in person (personal trivia I must look into) ever!
I lived on the North West Ct/Ma border and got in as many "Civic" Center Uconn WBB games as possible, snow or no. The cross country tour to Gample under snowy condition could be an adventure--parking at Gample was my issue.
The real pleasure of College sports i.e WBB is being at games with a large Student body present--even bad games are electric with the noise of the STUDENTs.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The Tuffet? There is no need to ridicule the competition.

Did I say the T word? They are not ignored at home, they play in a big shadow, press wise etc. Don't change the post in order to attack it. My view of Muffet will always be colored by her complete lack of class over Stewie's MVP and that ridiculous "loss class at the top" attempted put-down of Geno. I believe the envy still bubbles barely beneath the surface of the of Muffet's arms folded dour exterior.

Reaction Score
Maybe, but citizens don't seem to complain when coaches at these schools are paid multiples of millions of dollars. Alabama is far from a wealthy state, but its citizens seems okay paying Nick Saban $7M/year.
That is my issue with coaching salaries--Head coach of a Div 1, tier 2, (JMU) gets less than 100,000/yr . JPM--what 2.5 million????
Obviously the JMU coach was worth more (now get 500,000 with perks at VaTech). Because of these discrepancies in incomes I could easily be a Lenin minion (and yet we know that didn't work).

Reaction Score
Did I say the T word? They are not ignored at home, they play in a big shadow, press wise etc. Don't change the post in order to attack it. My view of Muffet will always be colored by her complete lack of class over Stewie's MVP and that ridiculous "loss class at the top" attempted put-down of Geno. I believe the envy still bubbles barely beneath the surface of the of Muffet's arms folded dour exterior.

ROCKY--you take away the most fun on the Boneyard---if you can't degrade a posting as such, change it then degrade it--sounds like the current political 30 second tv spots. The Pat on the back of PAT , was an attempt to demean Geno. That didn't fly well with the media--it was seen for what it was--jealousy. Don't be jealous--coach better..

Reaction Score
Andi ‏@DraHunter2 33m33 minutes ago
Had such an amazing official visit at UConn this weekend. I can't wait for my journey to begin their !

CspJkHbWYAA9XsZ.jpg

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Historically----Men's Semi-Pro teams have not done well!!
Very true - but part of the problem has always been building a fan base and getting prime TV coverage - if they evolve from the college superpowers, and can retain those fan bases, then they should be immediately profitable.

Reaction Score
ROCKY--you take away the most fun on the Boneyard---if you can't degrade a posting as such, change it then degrade it--sounds like the current political 30 second tv spots. The Pat on the back of PAT , was an attempt to demean Geno. That didn't fly well with the media--it was seen for what it was--jealousy. DON'T BE JEALOUS--COACH BETTER..
Head bang

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Choke is a lil antsy this wknd, you'll have Megatron next week!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Charlie you shole are..., but thanks for the pics anyway! smiling with the other players and coaches "appear" to be having a great time. (what did we expect to see?) :rolleyes:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I lived on the North West Ct/Ma border and got in as many "Civic" Center Uconn WBB games as possible, snow or no. The cross country tour to Gample under snowy condition could be an adventure--parking at Gample was my issue.
The real pleasure of College sports i.e WBB is being at games with a large Student body present--even bad games are electric with the noise of the STUDENTs.
My work schedule doesn't allow me to attend games, I could but it would be tight... and it's not worth my sanity. I'd just DVR (monthly price covers one game) the game and watch it later and save a few dollars in the process.
Oh I did attend a game and sat near DannyK (Got a pic with him too) but forgot which one. I don't think I'd ever go to Gampel even if I had a chair back unless it was an afternoon game. Mohegan would be cool for an afternoon game but I'm not going to Bridgeport

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
DaddyChoc (and Charlie), Notre Dame's home games are all streamed free on the internet by Notre Dame, unless they are available on ESPN2 or ESPN3. Some of the away games are not available except for pay, but that wouldn't affect the home attendance. My contention was not that ND has a greater fan following than UConn, for I do not believe that to be true, but rather to give evidence that ND WBB is NOT ignored at home, which was Rocky's contention.

As for me being defensive, it seemed to me that Rocky was dismissive of the Irish basketball program. His posting history indicates little respect for Muffet/Notre Dame. His more egregious entries get erased by mods before most people see them. If Rocky were just offering an opinion, why called McGraw's Bench the "Tuffet"?
But "Tuffet" is funny I'll admit.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Keep on keeping on Choke. The sun will rise tomorrow.

Reaction Score
My work schedule doesn't allow me to attend games, I could but it would be tight... and it's not worth my sanity. I'd just DVR (monthly price covers one game) the game and watch it later and save a few dollars in the process.
Oh I did attend a game and sat near DannyK (Got a pic with him too) but forgot which one. I don't think I'd ever go to Gampel even if I had a chair back unless it was an afternoon game. Mohegan would be cool for an afternoon game but I'm not going to Bridgeport

I must admit that some Gample games, I could have attended--I didn't. In a harsh winter a cozy stove and a big screen will suffice nicely. I do lament the loss of not be ABLE to attend (via distance) Gample or XL--(at half time I changed seats )
DannyK--at John Paul Jones (JPJ) arena in Charolettesville was generous and handed out Million dollar bills --I got one, still have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom