Anybody aware of any potential grad transfers that could be added? | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Anybody aware of any potential grad transfers that could be added?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure how reliable this is but I thought i'd post it....I couldn't confirm any of the interest mentioned through a brief search.

Sarfraz Nawaz‏@ChunkyIsBakk
#Kentucky? RT @CollegeHoopNews: Pitt forward Durand Johnson will transfer according to reports. (cont) http://tl.gd/njeb2a
12:07 AM - 15 Apr 2015

Sarfraz Nawaz‏@ChunkyIsBakk
@RealLowKe_32 hella schools on deck yoo just watch UMD want him UConn VA Indiana GTown this just all today

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 7h7 hours ago
Pitt's Durand Johnson will transfer, per the school. Eligible immediately. Long line for this one.

For what it's worth (really nothing), he's a hometown friend of SCJR. They also played at Notre Dame Academy together.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
His stats look ugly and he was suspended for the year at pitt? Pass

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Re: Durand Johnson.
First, he has to graduate from Pitt to play D1. That's not a guarantee.
Second, he suspension wasn't academic. He had specific requirements to be reinstated. He did not meet those. Read into that what you will.

Excellent perimeter shooter and perimeter defender. Could be Rashad II. But I wouldn't touch him.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
WOW!
A mistake in judgement?
One semester a co-ed complains he sexually assaulted her.
Next semester, a totally different woman accuses him of the same.
Ten months later later Coach K makes him the first he throws off the team for repeated problems.
And that is

It is amazing to me that anyone wants him to come here. Will someone else take him? Of course. And they can live with the damage he creates in PR and, more importantly, life. Thank God KO and Herbst wouldn't allow it.

Reaction Score
WOW!
A mistake in judgement?
One semester a co-ed complains he sexually assaulted her.
Next semester, a totally different woman accuses him of the same.
Ten months later later Coach K makes him the first he throws off the team for repeated problems.
And that is

It is amazing to me that anyone wants him to come here. Will someone else take him? Of course. And they can live with the damage he creates in PR and, more importantly, life. Thank God KO and Herbst wouldn't allow it.

Think of this starting line-up for A & M...Caruso, Sulaimon, House, Jones & Davis. Slide House to the 3. :) Nice! That may be Houston worthy. Rasheed's hometown. That would be a great story right? You are rooting for him to get a second chance and make his dreams come true right? It won't be Duke so that should make it easier for you. I know he likes UConn though.

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/duke/article17332781.html

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Think of this starting line-up for A & M...Caruso, Sulaimon, House, Jones & Davis. Slide House to the 3. :) Nice! That may be Houston worthy. Rasheed's hometown. That would be a great story right? You are rooting for him to get a second chance and make his dreams come true right? It won't be Duke so that should make it easier for you. I know he likes UConn though.

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/duke/article17332781.html

The fact that you talk about A & M's potential line-up clarifies what you are concerned about. Would you really give a crap about this kid;s second chance if he wasn't a basketball prodigy? Be real.
Most people's morals end where self-benefit begins.

That is a totally biased article from the start. Something was done to this poor, church going, honor student. Everyone screws him and he has no idea why. And I have a bar owner to prove it.Talk to the young women? Not needed! Coach K? no!
When did accusations related to 2 women for sexual assault, become "unspecified" allegations? And how many times can you use that phrase to make rape sound trivial?

There are people,including RS who could use a second chance. Unfortunately I don't think being allowed to continue to feel that rules don't apply to him, is what he needs

Reaction Score
The fact that you talk about A & M's potential line-up clarifies what you are concerned about. Would you really give a crap about this kid;s second chance if he wasn't a basketball prodigy? Be real.
Most people's morals end where self-benefit begins.

That is a totally biased article from the start. Something was done to this poor, church going, honor student. Everyone screws him and he has no idea why. And I have a bar owner to prove it.Talk to the young women? Not needed! Coach K? no!
When did accusations related to 2 women for sexual assault, become "unspecified" allegations? And how many times can you use that phrase to make rape sound trivial?

There are people,including RS who could use a second chance. Unfortunately I don't think being allowed to continue to feel that rules don't apply to him, is what he needs

Everyone's concerns relate to their own values and opinions. So the wisdom of any persons actions will always be subject to my first sentence. Constantly viewing others actions through evaluative lenses is human nature for most. So your opinion on these types of issues are not uncommon. I think KO would be the first to tell you we are all human. As a matter of fact I am pretty confident that IF the decision were totally up to him to pursue RS he would. Although last year was a rocky road on several fronts including for KO on different fronts...I think Kevin Ollie is the type of coach that could give RS the biggest gift of his life. In my opinion they may actually hit it off and create one H** of relationship with each other. Even in a forum like this where many wonderful people gather to discuss our Huskies it is simply the norm for people to encourage comments they see as adaptive to theirs. We all do it to different degrees. My problem with your post is you are being overly critical in an unhelpful way towards the subject. Trust me I have done the same thing in my life plenty of times (because I am far from perfect like most)! You show no empathy towards a situation that has not been resolved as it relates to the allegations. You are just left to speculate on whether there was a rape based on unfounded allegations (as of today). No arrest and no conviction. Basically you are just value framing which has little merit to the reasonable prudent person. These are the type of jurors that are weeded out HOPEFULLY before trial. I think you may be acting to impulsively on a situation that needs more time to resolve for this player. Many of us want to be very cautious about being gullible but don't you think it is crucial that if new information emerges that challenges our initial opinions we remain open to changing our evaluations?????????????????? You very well may be making judgments based on stereotypes and snapshots. Either way I still think you are a true genius with a heart of gold. The BY is so lucky to have you. Just remember pessimistic judgments are more likely to be damaging and injurious than optimistic judgments. I unfortunately have been guilty of both!

What about this kid? He is a true OUTLAW! :) lol http://www.jucorecruiting.com/news_article/show/504608?referrer_id=1424455

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Wow!
FYI, I work with young people having problems for a living. I think everyone is worthy of a second, third and fouth chance and no one is beyond redemption. I also know that when you are trying to help someone who has no respect for other people's boundaries (Coach, 2 women, that we know of) one doesn't continue to let them have no consequence for their actions without remorse.
You are willing to ignore 2 women and Coach K. That is a big judgement. I am saying there is plenty enough smoke there to stay away. Overly optimistic judgements are also damaging.
But if you think you are nailing my attitude on life based on a couple of BY comments, you are the one rushing to judgement.
How about we split the difference and recruit Bill Cosby? He really needs another chance and only has "unfounded" allegations against him too. He wasn't an AA but was a Harlem Globetrotter. Or how about some poor kid victimized by our legal system with marginal basketball skills?

Reaction Score
Wow!
FYI, I work with young people having problems for a living. I think everyone is worthy of a second, third and fouth chance and no one is beyond redemption. I also know that when you are trying to help someone who has no respect for other people's boundaries (Coach, 2 women, that we know of) one doesn't continue to let them have no consequence for their actions without remorse.
You are willing to ignore 2 women and Coach K. That is a big judgement. I am saying there is plenty enough smoke there to stay away. Overly optimistic judgements are also damaging.
But if you think you are nailing my attitude on life based on a couple of BY comments, you are the one rushing to judgement.
How about we split the difference and recruit Bill Cosby? He really needs another chance and only has "unfounded" allegations against him too. He wasn't an AA but was a Harlem Globetrotter. Or how about some poor kid victimized by our legal system with marginal basketball skills?

Ok David. Have a great day. Good luck to you.

Reaction Score

So I guess grad transfers in conference don't have to abide by the same rules as regular ones as far as any penalties. Didn't know that rule existed were he can go in conference for grad transfers. I thought grad transfers had to go to a conference outside their own.

Reaction Score
Wait, wasn't Anthony Collins prohibited from transferring within the AAC? Maybe I just assumed he was.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
FWIW, Cancer is headed to Kent State and Mitola is headed to GW. Both players were discussed some in this thread.

Reaction Score
So if we aren't in play for the Gibbs brothers and lots of transfers are being crossed off the list who is left to fill the last two scholarships? KO mentioned he planned to fill them for this upcoming year.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
So if we aren't in play for the Gibbs brothers ...
Nobody said we aren't in play for either Gibbs brothers, just that the package deal nature of the potential signings was untrue.

Reaction Score
Nobody said we aren't in play for either Gibbs brothers, just that the package deal nature of the potential signings was untrue.

Although nothing concrete has come out, I would imagine Sterling is the one to keep an eye on.

Reaction Score
I thought Fishy said there is no credence to those rumors?

I by no means have any insider knowledge but I took it as though the package deal of both Temple and Sterling was a no-go.

From what other posters have mentioned, I believe the rumors going around started with a potential Sterling Gibbs post-grad transfer and somehow spun into "We are getting both."

Reaction Score
Ok cool. Well it would be great to get Sterling Gibbs as that would make us a top 10 pre-season team in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom