Any updates on Christyn Williams OR Olivia Nelson-Ododa? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Any updates on Christyn Williams OR Olivia Nelson-Ododa?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
if you're a guard......many.. ....if your a forward or post nobody..

Good, because I was thinking of ONO when this thought came to mind. :cool:

Reaction Score
if you're a guard......many.. ....if your a forward or post nobody..

Which brings us to next year's recruiting. I don't know what ONO is going to do, but if she doesn't choose UConn in a few days, I can see next year's class taking on epic proportions.
(i.e. # 1, 2 and 11 in the current ESPN rankings)

Reaction Score
Which brings us to next year's recruiting. I don't know what ONO is going to do, but if she doesn't choose UConn in a few days, I can see next year's class taking on epic proportions.
(i.e. # 1, 2 and 11 in the current ESPN rankings)

that would be ideal.............I'll take Boston and one of the remaining two..........don't want to be greedy

Reaction Score
I have Boston, Brunelle, and Amihere on my Christmas list. ;)

If UConn doesn't get ONO then Boston will be an absolute necessity..........Brunelle gives you the outside presence while Amihere is just a disruptive inside force at either end and on the break.........that's a great combo at forward if it happens..........there really is no other forward option until you get to the Colorado dunker Belibi who is closer to Amihere then Brunelle

Reaction Score
If you wanted evidence that Raoul really isn't interested in UConn........a high school player heading to Illinois transfers high schools gets a full story, CW to UConn one short line.....

1. WBB: Top 2018 prospect Christyn Williams has picked UConn

1. Raoul‏ @Raoul_0003h3 hours ago
    WBB: Illinois signee Arieal Scott has transferred to Danville HS (IL), may enroll early at Illinois http://www.illinoishomepage.net/sports/illini/illini-signee-transfers-to-danville/854730738 …

DOR-_ozXcAALepk.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If UConn doesn't get ONO then Boston will be an absolute necessity.....Brunelle gives you the outside presence while Amihere is just a disruptive inside force at either end and on the break....that's a great combo at forward if it happens.....there really is no other forward option until you get to the Colorado dunker Belibi who is closer to Amihere then Brunelle
Yeah, we're still a little light on size. I think we need to look into Eziyoda Macbegor coming from Australia, even if we get ONO.

Reaction Score
In the last 10 years, is there a #1 HS player coming out that we DIDN'T get? Aja Wilson?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
In the last 10 years, is there a #1 HS player coming out that we DIDN'T get? Aja Wilson?

Saniya's year was a class of 1 for us - I think Mercedes Russell or DD was #1 that year?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Based on ESPN rankings yes:
2009 Brittney Griner
2010 Chiney Ogwumike
2013 Mercedes Russell
2014 Aja Wilson
2016 Lauren Cox

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Based on ESPN rankings yes:
2009 Brittney Griner
2010 Chiney Ogwumike
2013 Mercedes Russell
2014 Aja Wilson
2016 Lauren Cox
I believe we were fairly close with Chiney, A'ja, and Lauren.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Boy I'm really glad cockfighting has kind of died off. So much easier to get a Husky for the decision day than a Gamecock. :cool:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
You shouldn't have to "mandate" behavior. Lesson learned - only recruit certain behaviors. Behaviors can't be mandated.
I hear what you are saying to a certain degree, however as both a coach and a high level manager, yes you must dictate what behavior is acceptable and what behavior is not. It is well documented what Geno is now able to recruit/pick so UConn has “better quality control” than other programs. I have had some easy kids to coach and some challenge kids to coach, but once they saw my “lines” and my consistency with them, they were fine. Same with employee behavior via dress code, work hours, work ethic, all can be mandated and effected with consistent follow-through. My GE training is coming in handy! just my humble opinion.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
I hear what you are saying to a certain degree, however as both a coach and a high level manager, yes you must dictate what behavior is acceptable and what behavior is not. It is well documented what Geno is now able to recruit/pick so UConn has “better quality control” than other programs. I have had some easy kids to coach and some challenge kids to coach, but once they saw my “lines” and my consistency with them, they were fine. Same with employee behavior via dress code, work hours, work ethic, all can be mandated and effected with consistent follow-through. My GE training is coming in handy! just my humble opinion.

IMO, that's a pretty good opinion. Works for coach/athlete, student/teacher, employer/employee, parents/children.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Is that GE as in Six Sigma? If so, well played in relation to QC of recruits. Consistency of rules and standards is the key to UCONN success. I often laugh when posters say "so and so would not have lasted one day if they came to UCONN". You can never tell how any recruit is going to react at UCONN, because for so many (perhaps all) of them the rules and standards were always flexible and bent in thier favor.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
What program looks better to a potential recruit RIGHT NOW than UConn? :rolleyes:
I actually tend to agree with you and disagree slightly with Charlie, even tho I'm usually on board with what he says and here's why:

SR: Gabby, Kia
JR: Napheesa, Lou, Azura
SO: Crystal, Molly, Kyla, Batouly
FR: Walker, Coombs, Gordon, EH

Incoming: Williams, ?

So regardless of whether ONO comes to UCONN or not, that class is pretty much done except for the possibility of Eziyoda from Australia. So here's my point...

And if Charlie's point is "not UCONN" due to PT as a freshman, he's right. But...

The class of 2019 would be freshmen when Kia and Gabby are gone. UCONN's guards will be Crystal, Molly, Coombs, E-H and Williams. BUT... Crystal is a PG and there is no backup to her at this time. I've heard that Mikayla could be groomed for that. If you are a pure 2G, maybe you might think twice, but freshmen almost never start at UCONN and we certainly could play a 3 guard lineup when 2019's class becomes sophomores.

So when the class of 2019 comes in and our current crop of JR's and SR's are gone, who starts? IF we get ONO, IMHO Crystal, Christyn, Mikayla, Megan and ONO. If not ONO, then Batouly. UCONN is back to having little size in the post. But for bench players (freshmen that year), all the guards would be competing with are Molly, E-H and Gordon (more of a wing).

I do agree we REALLY need size. But I also think there is plenty of room for guards to grow at UCONN from 2019 as well. Hence the push for Zia Cooke (top 10 PG out of 2019). And I don't know if Geno is even recruiting a non-PG guard-type from that class. The rest of the class should consist of forwards/posts. A class of 4 - Brunelle, Amihere, Boston and Cooke - that is a fantasy, but those are the needs IMHO...

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Is that GE as in Six Sigma? If so, well played in relation to QC of recruits. Consistency of rules and standards is the key to UCONN success. I often laugh when posters say "so and so would not have lasted one day if they came to UCONN". You can never tell how any recruit is going to react at UCONN, because for so many (perhaps all) of them the rules and standards were always flexible and bent in thier favor.
1 defect per 3.4 mil my friend...and yes I am certified. My wife and kids think I am certifiable...:confused:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I actually tend to agree with you and disagree slightly with Charlie, even tho I'm usually on board with what he says and here's why:

SR: Gabby, Kia
JR: Napheesa, Lou, Azura
SO: Crystal, Molly, Kyla, Batouly
FR: Walker, Coombs, Gordon, EH

Incoming: Williams, ?

So regardless of whether ONO comes to UCONN or not, that class is pretty much done except for the possibility of Eziyoda from Australia. So here's my point...

And if Charlie's point is "not UCONN" due to PT as a freshman, he's right. But...

The class of 2019 would be freshmen when Kia and Gabby are gone. UCONN's guards will be Crystal, Molly, Coombs, E-H and Williams. BUT... Crystal is a PG and there is no backup to her at this time. I've heard that Mikayla could be groomed for that. If you are a pure 2G, maybe you might think twice, but freshmen almost never start at UCONN and we certainly could play a 3 guard lineup when 2019's class becomes sophomores.

So when the class of 2019 comes in and our current crop of JR's and SR's are gone, who starts? IF we get ONO, IMHO Crystal, Christyn, Mikayla, Megan and ONO. If not ONO, then Batouly. UCONN is back to having little size in the post. But for bench players (freshmen that year), all the guards would be competing with are Molly, E-H and Gordon (more of a wing).

I do agree we REALLY need size. But I also think there is plenty of room for guards to grow at UCONN from 2019 as well. Hence the push for Zia Cooke (top 10 PG out of 2019). And I don't know if Geno is even recruiting a non-PG guard-type from that class. The rest of the class should consist of forwards/posts. A class of 4 - Brunelle, Amihere, Boston and Cooke - that is a fantasy, but those are the needs IMHO...
I like that group.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom