any Jordan Bell info? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

any Jordan Bell info?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sorry fellas, we've had some good power forwards but Selvie is definitely the best and a top 10 all-time Husky overall.

Reaction Score
I'll reserve a starting slot for Jeff Adrien any day. Oriakhi, here have a redshirt.

Give me Jeff and Johnny Time any day.............!!

I think we all need to just forget him......including and especially me......if you support him and are still thankful for his presence good and I don't want hear it and you don't want to hear how awful a player I thought he was, and less a teammate!!

Drop him, we have better kids on the roster now and will recruit better from here on in!!

Reaction Score
Sorry fellas, we've had some good power forwards but Selvie is definitely the best and a top 10 all-time Husky overall.

I can't tell on cyber space if you're being sarcastic or not super john? LOL

Reaction Score
@Coast2CoastHoop: UConn's Karl Hobbs will checkout '13 Long Beach Poly (CA) PF Jordan Bell. '14 guard Kameron Chatman is one of LBP's other notable players

Reaction Score
yeah and in about 100 career games he was good in about 20...........nice percentage......the rest he was a disappearing act.......hey he came up big down the stretch in a couple games to help win a national title and ride the shoulders of kemba and jeremy, he was part of it just like everyone else....then he sucked and left......you elect to love him, others don't have to......I'd assume forget him and hope his 6/5 can help Mizzou to a national title....Lord knows I'll be rooting for him!!:eek:

I met Alex when he was a freshman and talked to him a little bit his sophomore year. He's a great kid, so I may be a little defensive. I'm just not going to make a bunch of statements degrading a kid who had a 3.7 GPA and won a national championship. Especially when most of those statements are based on assumptions.

Mau, who is going to be your whipping boy on the team for this year?

Reaction Score
Give me Jeff and Johnny Time any day.............!!

I think we all need to just forget him......including and especially me......if you support him and are still thankful for his presence good and I don't want hear it and you don't want to hear how awful a player I thought he was, and less a teammate!!

Drop him, we have better kids on the roster now and will recruit better from here on in!!

This post is about Jordan Bell, whom I'm hoping will be a Husky someday. But I will add that AO was important to our run in the NCAA championship, he was wildly inconsistent, and showed a piss-poor attitude last year. And his father made his exodus that much more forgettable. His father should have kept to himself. If his father could've been mature enough and kept his mouth (fingers?) shut, he would have made his son look like more of a man. Hey, I wish him the best of luck, but could care less what he does from here on out. As a co-captain, he sucked big time. And showed zero improvement from his sophomore to junior year.

I agree on the better kids part.

Back to the original topic. I saw a vid on Jordan Bell where he was listed at 6'9" tall and 210 lbs. He looked like he could be that height and weight. And watching the highlights, he reminded me of Stanley Robinson, FWIW.

Reaction Score

He doesn't have whipping boys, just a loyalty to the program he loves. Unfortunately, some of these players, did not have much loyalty themselves.

Reaction Score
He doesn't have whipping boys, just a loyalty to the program he loves. Unfortunately, some of these players, did not have much loyalty themselves.

There is no loyalty in college athletics. If you think otherwise, you're looking at things from an incredibly antiquated, and naive viewpoint.

Reaction Score
Over 40% of college basketball players transfer by the end of their sophomore year. There is a very high turnover rate among coaches. Our athletic director just came here from Buffalo, and our one a few years ago left to go to Kansas.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Over 40% of college basketball players transfer by the end of their sophomore year. There is a very high turnover rate among coaches. Our athletic director just came here from Buffalo, and our one a few years ago left to go to Kansas.

Your facts are convincing but, loyalty is a lot higher at a major university. Soo many smaller mid major schools transfer a ton of players, as does junior colleges.

But I can see your point with no loyalty in the front office. Its about money now. Money and power corrupt. Corruption leads to little to no loyalty.

Reaction Score
There is no loyalty in college athletics. If you think otherwise, you're looking at things from an incredibly antiquated, and naive viewpoint.

College athletics is not supposed to be a business, but unfortunately it comes across that way. That said, coaches spend a lot of time working hard recruiting you. You don't want to be here? Go somewhere else after your freshmen or sophomore year. After 3 years, you tied up a scholarship. You were anointed a leader, and showed the leadership skills of a lemming, and then bashed your Hall-of-Fame coach in the social media, further dividing your team. You put on that UConn jersey, you should show some pride. You were givin' the opportunity to shine, and you didn't work hard enough in the off-season to show that you deserved that chance.

That said, his father didn't do him any justice. I hope he is ashamed of his father. I know I would be. And you sound too young to know what naive means.

Reaction Score
College athletics is not supposed to be a business, but unfortunately it comes across that way. That said, coaches spend a lot of time working hard recruiting you. You don't want to be here? Go somewhere else after your freshmen or sophomore year. After 3 years, you tied up a scholarship. You were anointed a leader, and showed the leadership skills of a lemming, and then bashed your Hall-of-Fame coach in the social media, further dividing your team. You put on that UConn jersey, you should show some pride. You were givin' the opportunity to shine, and you didn't work hard enough in the off-season to show that you deserved that chance.

That said, his father didn't do him any justice. I hope he is ashamed of his father. I know I would be. And you sound too young to know what naive means.

You're bashing him because he stayed for one year too long? Are you serious?

Alex and Jamal Coombs-McDaniel committed to UConn before their sophomore year of high school. Do you have any idea how many of those guys who commit that early end up actually attending the school they committed to?

And of the coaches who "spent a lot of time working hard" to recruit them(even though they committed on the spot when they were offered), one is the head coach at Quinnipiac, and theother is an assistant coach at Providence.

Reaction Score
I met Alex when he was a freshman and talked to him a little bit his sophomore year. He's a great kid, so I may be a little defensive. I'm just not going to make a bunch of statements degrading a kid who had a 3.7 GPA and won a national championship. Especially when most of those statements are based on assumptions.

Won't have one johnny-boy because these kids stayed the course, want to be on the Storrs campus and wear the uniform. Tough minded, loyal and hard working - something lacking in a few last year. Believe it or not that means enough to me after the turmoil people left us in this past year. I'm spoiled, want them to win, but see what is front of this team and although they might not win as many they'll be MUCH more fun to root for!!

Again, I respect your thoughts on the dude but that does mean I have to admire what he did? That's a ridiculous assumption!!...........the GPA doesn't create hard work and loyalty for his teammates now does it. I respect his devotion the classroom and hope he gets a great job in Missouri in whatever profession he wants, but would've been easier in CT..

Reaction Score
You have a hard-on for Oriaki...I understand

What's funny is that you were the guy telling him how great he was before last year on twitter. Now you're bashing him anonymously on a message board. LOL.

Reaction Score
What's funny is that you were the guy telling him how great he was before last year on twitter. Now you're bashing him anonymously on a message board. LOL.

I like to support all of the current players, and I was happy with Alex during his sophomore year. You are absolutely right about that. However, my opinion changed after his performance on and off the court this year. I did not appreciate his lack of effort, and lack of respect to JC on twitter and on national tv telling him "to duckk off." Alex was a contributor on a NC team, but he did his absolute best last season to erase any positives from the year before.

Reaction Score
I like to support all of the current players, and I was happy with Alex during his sophomore year. You are absolutely right about that. However, my opinion changed after his performance on and off the court this year. I did not appreciate his lack of effort, and lack of respect to JC on twitter and on national tv telling him "to duckk off." Alex was a contributor on a NC team, but he did his absolute best last season to erase any positives from the year before.

Let's be real here. If he was producing the way you wanted him to, you wouldn't give a about "lack of effort" and "lack of respect".

Pretending to care about off the court stuff is just lip service.

Reaction Score
Can we get back to Jordan Bell?!? This thread has gotten ridiculous. Get over AO, who cares anymore. Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom