Antwoine Anderson | The Boneyard

Antwoine Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Antwoine Anderson, a 6-1, 190-pound guard from Rochester, NY, will be joining UConn Men's Basketball as a graduate transfer next season. Here are highlights from this past year at Fordham University where he averaged 11.1 points and 3.2 assists per game.

Reaction Score
While the competition is going to give him stiffer D, he looks like a really crafty player. Can beat his man off the dribble, from deep and at the hole. We'll have to rebound to take advantage of it, but he may be a terrific player off the bench to funnel the fast break to. He looks fast and can finish with a defender on him which could give us a big spark plug off the bench. Leftys seem to always have a little surprise factor at the rim.

He had a crossover and a spin move that are senior moves in a big way.

Reaction Score
I have a feeling KO is going to have a hard time keeping him off the floor. He's gonna play hard

He's a less athletic Donnel Beverly 2.0. He isn't going to play many minutes with Jalen, CV, and Alterique on the team. The good news is he won't have to.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
He appears to have a way, way better handle than Donnell, and I'm not sure what your definition of athletic is, but he appears faster and much more nimble than Donnell. My concerns revolve around his size (not specifically HIS size, but how many sub-6-3 players we are accumulating on a team that lost 5 guys over 6-9 to graduation and transfer), and what appears to be a reluctance to pass the ball. Never saw a kickout on the drive in the highlight reel. Maybe it was the personnel on the team that made him the best option, but it looked like the thought of giving it up to an open teammate never even crossed his mind.

Also a bit worried that every minute he plays will be at CV's expense, and as far as I'm concerned, Vital has already earned those minutes.

Reaction Score
Kids a good player, real nice addition. Good vision, like the ball in his hands at clutch tim, the ball fake in the lane showing the ball then step back 8 footer was real sweet (about 1:55) not sure what's not to like. Surprised KO and staff didn't get more kudo's for this one - never mind I'm not surprised.

I know they've missed on a few guys, but I'm just happy huskymagic isn't doing any of the scouting for the staff...Yikes!

Reaction Score
When did you lose your sight?

Fishy,

You definitely make me and many others on here laugh a lot. And you keep many in line.

But holy crap you have become the snarkiest mother f'er on here. I realize the last 7 to 9 months (if you include that debacle of a football season) have made us all just a bit (or a whole lot) darker and angrier on this board. But since you and your opinions carry a lot of weight around here, please consider lightening up a bit on those of us who are less omnipresent than you - which is pretty much all of us, except for Temery. I sincerely hope we have a throw back good year so we can see your kinder, happier side once in awhile.

... Definitely one of your better one-liner retorts though - I can't stop laughing at this one.

Reaction Score
I'll say this about Anderson, I like his confidence in himself and willing to take big shots. He the right attitude and I'm not disappointed he's at UCONN considering we needed another guard and we couldn't get a bigger recruit to come in. He's a serviceable 4th guard for us.

Some people are going overboard in their evaluation of this guy and his shot is suspect with a low release point. He can guard people though and plays with intensity which is good to see and has good size for a guard.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He appears to have a way, way better handle than Donnell, and I'm not sure what your definition of athletic is, but he appears faster and much more nimble than Donnell. My concerns revolve around his size (not specifically HIS size, but how many sub-6-3 players we are accumulating on a team that lost 5 guys over 6-9 to graduation and transfer), and what appears to be a reluctance to pass the ball. Never saw a kickout on the drive in the highlight reel. Maybe it was the personnel on the team that made him the best option, but it looked like the thought of giving it up to an open teammate never even crossed his mind.

Def personnel related imo. On that team, he has to be more of the man. Not so on UCONN. I think he'll quickly pick up on the fact that, if he wants to play, he's gotta pass the ball.

Now that does beg the question, is he reasonably skilled at passing? Unknown.

Also a bit worried that every minute he plays will be at CV's expense, and as far as I'm concerned, Vital has already earned those minutes.

Wouldn't be remotely worried about this. The best guys will play. He'll likely get run somewhere between Kromah and Samuel. It will be good to ease AG along too, as he gets over the mental hurdles and transitions to college ball.

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'll say this about Anderson, I like his confidence in himself and willing to take big shots. He the right attitude and I'm not disappointed he's at UConn considering we needed another guard and we couldn't get a bigger recruit to come in. He's a serviceable 4th guard for us.

Some people are going overboard in their evaluation of this guy and his shot is suspect with a low release point. He can guard people though and plays with intensity which is good to see and has good size for a guard.

And now this - a perfectly lucid take.

That is exactly what he is - a serviceable fourth guard. Not a great shooter and he's a bit wild, but he's strong and he's competitive, so perhaps he'll find a role here.

And if it opens a bit of a relationship between UConn and Albany City Rocks AAU, even better.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
But holy crap you have become the snarkiest mother f'er on here. I realize the last 7 to 9 months (if you include that debacle of a football season) have made us all just a bit (or a whole lot) darker and angrier on this board. But since you and your opinions carry a lot of weight around here, please consider lightening up a bit on those of us who are less omnipresent than you - which is pretty much all of us, except for Temery. I sincerely hope we have a throw back good year so we can see your kinder, happier side once in awhile.

... Definitely one of your better one-liner retorts though - I can't stop laughing at this one.

That's how me makes people laugh. And like it or not, when you start a message board, you can do what you please.

If you haven't been on the end of the lash, you haven't lived.

Reaction Score
Fishy,

You definitely make me and many others on here laugh a lot. And you keep many in line.

oh my god you are insufferable

Reaction Score
oh my god you are insufferable

Oh, sorry JMick... I did not realize asking a man with much power on here to be a bit less vicious makes me "insufferable".

I see that you continue to be a though. Tell you what... put me on ignore and you will not have to read another of my "insufferable" posts again.

Otherwise... take your s$*t and shut your pie hole.

Reaction Score
Oh, sorry JMick... I did not realize asking a man with much power on here to be a bit less vicious makes me "insufferable".

I see that you continue to be a though. Tell you what... put me on ignore and you will not have to read another of my "insufferable" posts again.

Otherwise... take your s$*t and ****
sorry that I don't appreciate your holier than thou facade. all you do is post about how people should be more optimistic.

Reaction Score
sorry that I don't appreciate your holier than thou facade. all you do is post about how people should be more optimistic.

So... you are a and a .

Did not ask him to be more optimistic... just to be nicer to people, since people actually care about what he says and he is one of the people with power on here. Not a surprise that you can not tell the difference between those two things though. Wow, you really are ignorant.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Now that does beg the question, is he reasonably skilled at passing? Unknown.
3 of the 4 dimes were in the first 25 seconds or so of the video, but a couple were pretty sweet. He looks like a crafty passer, but it's his 3rd option, behind taking it to the rack himself and shooting a jumper. The two most interesting plays to me were when he jumped to catch a pass and shot a short jumper while still up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom