Antwoine Anderson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Antwoine Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So... you are a and a *******.

Did not ask him to be more optimistic... just to be nicer to people, since people actually care about what he says and he is one of the people with power on here. Not a surprise that you can not tell the difference between those two things though. Wow, you really are ignorant.
positive, nice, optimistic, blah blah blah

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
And now this - a perfectly lucid take.

That is exactly what he is - a serviceable fourth guard. Not a great shooter and he's a bit wild, but he's strong and he's competitive, so perhaps he'll find a role here.

And if it opens a bit of a relationship between UConn and Albany City Rocks AAU, even better.

Exactly, and we needed a 4th guard for depth. While no highlight tape will show it, my recollection was that he was much better on defense than offense. I think that's what we will end up needed from him. He can guard and chase the lead guard on the other team to keep our guys fresh.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Exactly, and we needed a 4th guard for depth. While no highlight tape will show it, my recollection was that he was much better on defense than offense. I think that's what we will end up needed from him. He can guard and chase the lead guard on the other team to keep our guys fresh.

Yeah, Jalen is probably going to have to take a Kemba role in that regard. Kemba was better on D than he showed in his Jr year (not that he was bad or anything); he had to coast a bit given his importance on offense and number of minutes he played.

Reaction Score
Thanks to whoever put that together. I think he looks good. Antwoine sure doesn't mind hitting the deck and it's not because he is out of control. Plenty of good passing in there and he can finish the break. Kind of an unorthodox long range shot agreed but as long as he's making them at a good rate it's all good. His mid range game and his craftiness in the lane, change of speed and vision, look really promising. It looks like he plays with some competitive fire too which is real nice to see.

Reaction Score
Thanks to whoever put that together. I think he looks good. Antwoine sure doesn't mind hitting the deck and it's not because he is out of control. Plenty of good passing in there and he can finish the break. Kind of an unorthodox long range shot agreed but as long as he's making them at a good rate it's all good. His mid range game and his craftiness in the lane, change of speed and vision, look really promising. It looks like he plays with some competitive fire too which is real nice to see.
it looks like he got better every year, too, which means there is still room for improvement. a lot to like

Reaction Score
Fishy,

You definitely make me and many others on here laugh a lot. And you keep many in line.

But holy crap you have become the snarkiest mother f'er on here. I realize the last 7 to 9 months (if you include that debacle of a football season) have made us all just a bit (or a whole lot) darker and angrier on this board. But since you and your opinions carry a lot of weight around here, please consider lightening up a bit on those of us who are less omnipresent than you - which is pretty much all of us, except for Temery. I sincerely hope we have a throw back good year so we can see your kinder, happier side once in awhile.

... Definitely one of your better one-liner retorts though - I can't stop laughing at this one.

The key here is to stop acting like he is God and stop holding him to a different standard. This is a guy who, from what I gather, doesn't like beer, possibly doesn't like pizza, and claims Cheerios as his favorite cereal. This board needs the snark, regardless.

Reaction Score
Love the pickup, kid will give Uconn a lot of positive minutes.

Plays confident and furcious going to the bucket.

Reaction Score
This guy will definitely help the competition level at practices... he's a player. Happy to have him.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
The key here is to stop acting like he is God and stop holding him to a different standard. This is a guy who, from what I gather, doesn't like beer, possibly doesn't like pizza, and claims Cheerios as his favorite cereal. This board needs the snark, regardless.

There's nothing wrong with not liking beer. I don't like it either, especially when there are any number of well aged bourbons readily available. And Cheerios are Cheerios, as long as nobody pisses in yours, but not liking pizza is decidedly un-American, and definitely anti-Connecticut, the globally recognized pizza capital of the universe.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
There's nothing wrong with not liking beer. I don't like it either, especially when there are any number of well aged bourbons readily available. And Cheerios are Cheerios, as long as nobody pisses in yours, but not liking pizza is decidedly un-American, and definitely anti-Connecticut, the globally recognized pizza capital of the universe.

He likes beer. Just not good beer. I've taken the bourbon plunge (and Scotch) and I'm having trouble mustering excitement for beer. Cheerios are indeed excellent. On pizza, yeah, I don't get that.

As for the snark. He's always been funny. It is just a bit more hostile than before. But what threatens UConn athletics threatens the Yard in a real way, so I understand.

Reaction Score
Kid looks a little better than a 4th guard to me. He's very good at getting the ball into the paint and making a play via pass, shot, or attacking the rim.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
sorry that I don't appreciate your holier than thou facade. all you do is post about how people should be more optimistic.
and that upsets the curmudgeon gang

Reaction Score

There's a ton wrong with not liking beer.

Reaction Score
From what I see here he's scrappy, looks quick so we can make it with the 4 guards we have. When he comes in can he defend? Also looks to be high energy so maybe he can press and apply some pressure get turnovers, is that in his game?

Reaction Score
From what I see here he's scrappy, looks quick so we can make it with the 4 guards we have. When he comes in can he defend? Also looks to be high energy so maybe he can press and apply some pressure get turnovers, is that in his game?

At the very least he will allow Ollie to talk as though we are going to press,
then the media will talk about us like we are a pressing/running team and then we won't
press at all.

Reaction Score
Love this pickup. Kid plays with a level of intensity and swagger that UConn has lacked over the past couple of seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom