Antwoine Anderson UCONN Commit | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Antwoine Anderson UCONN Commit

Reaction Score
Glad to have him on board, but he really needs to work on shot selection to increase his efficiency and have a positive impact on our offense.

He won't have the ball in his hands as much, which should help his TO%, but he really needs to pass on 3PA unless he's wide open as well.
Defense, defense, defense. He'll hopefully(fingers crossed) be the 5th guard. If he can defend and be an energizer he'll excel

Reaction Score
Talented guard, check his highlights vs URI. Great commit for the staff, I'm still concerned with the front court but maybe Carlton or Cobb are further along than we think? Gotta think optimistically.

Reaction Score
Glad to have him on board, but he really needs to work on shot selection to increase his efficiency and have a positive impact on our offense.

He won't have the ball in his hands as much, which should help his TO%, but he really needs to pass on 3PA unless he's wide open as well.

Now we have 3 guards who can break a defense down off the dribble and Larrier can against 4s as well. That's a huge plus given that last year, all we had was Jalen in that department. We need to get defenses moving and collapsing to free up buckets for our bigs, because last year UConn was 294th in the country in 2P%, which hurts my soul.

Yes.

Reaction Score
Talented guard, check his highlights vs URI. Great commit for the staff, I'm still concerned with the front court but maybe Carlton or Cobb are further along than we think? Gotta think optimistically.
Concerned? Why?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
wt-main-image.jpg

Reaction Score
We have no front court players on campus. It's concerning .
Agreed. I think everyone should agree with you lol. But as you said hopefully cobb and carlton can suprise some ppl

Reaction Score
Welcome Antwoine! Nice pick up for depth for sure. Now, let's hope this gives us some momentum with some other recruits as well. Nice to see some positive things happening.

Reaction Score
Let me try this again lol

Friend of mine is on the Fordham practice team and extremely knowledgeable about the game.

Will include the entire text as it made me laugh.

"Off the court = nice kid, will flirt with pretty much anything

On the court = extremely athletic, had a few highlight reel dunks in his time at , 3 point shot improved over the course of a few years, it's good not great, very good at finishing with contact around the rim but his free throw shooting isn't very good, hit 3 game winners at fordham he can hit the big shot"

Reaction Score
Seems to me he was Fordham's point guard. Mature player, good ball handling skills. A guard happy to be joining the Uconn program as a step up. Helps fill out the roster for competitive practices playing against AG, Jalen, and CV. Another perimeter defender, shooter, slasher. I don't know what his assist stats look like but I saw a few nice passes left handed deep in the paint.
Good catch here.

Reaction Score
I said it a few days ago this is kid we should definitely get if we could, very nice pickup, no not earth shattering, but the kid can play and has experience in which we need because the current roster doesn't have much.....

Love the pickup, nice job Ollie & Staff!!

Welcome triple A!!

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Fordham men's basketball has been a train wreck for years. This year they did better- before we look at assists, etc- look at the team, style of play, etc. At the end of the day, it only matters how he fits in as a teammate, how he executes what KO wants and helps make us a better team. An extra ball handler is huge based off what happened this year.

Reaction Score

Friend of mine is on the Fordham practice team and extremely knowledgeable about the game.

On the court = extremely athletic, had a few highlight reel dunks in his time at , 3 point shot improved over the course of a few years, it's good not great, very good at finishing with contact around the rim but his free throw shooting isn't very good, hit 3 game winners at fordham he can hit the big shot"
Let's not under emphasize this kids willingness to flirt with anything, This attitude will come up huge during his year here.

Reaction Score
Sounds good. I like what I'm reading on these posts. Moving forward now.

C

Chief00

Guards got to hit FTs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom