Antwoine Anderson UCONN Commit | The Boneyard

Antwoine Anderson UCONN Commit

Reaction Score
I'm happy about this commitment, can definitely be a contributor in a rebuilding year, and gives the program a bit of a sense of stability

Reaction Score
All three should be ours soon. The two grads are capable backups. Williams is better then Enoch n Durham on the defense end. He might not be a big time scorer but he has outside skills, you don't have to worry about him bring a turnover machine. He will not be a clog in the offense either

Reaction Score
Nice I was just wondering if we would get a recruit this weekend. This is a nice get as he plays bigger than his height and is really athletic. We need this and maybe one more big guard to run our 3 man guard offense.

Reaction Score
FWIW I don't think the staff views this as a rebuilding year. A good, pure guard, coming off the bench not looking for their shot is a big plus. Especially if Waters goes elsewhere.
I hope your right!

Reaction Score
They may have rather had Anderson than tremont to stagger years for our guards a little more with alterique being a freshman and a good 18 pg class

Reaction Score
Good get, but this makes me think we're not getting Waters.

I don't think they even want him. They just don't want any family meddling in team business. This adds depth. gives Vital assurance hell play a lot. and shoot like
Purvis. I think they want a cohesive team

Reaction Score
Waters is not a necessity. Anderson improve every yr at Fordham and he had big games against st joes n vcu. Shoots 34% from the 3. Looks like a good defender, allows us to play 3 guards now. Defensively, much better then waters

Reaction Score
This has 0 to do with Tremont. If tremont wants to come he'll be one of the main 4 guards. This is KO simply taking talented players. I think at this point be just wants competitive guys that can play basketball. He'll figure out line ups and rotations later

Reaction Score
Take the Waters talk to the Waters thread.

Welcome Antwoine! Love that he's a pest defensively (top 200 steal rate). Maybe we get a little press action going this year?

If he brings his shooting up just a bit in each category, I think he'll be a real solid contributor this year.

Reaction Score
Glad to have him on board, but he really needs to work on shot selection to increase his efficiency and have a positive impact on our offense.

He won't have the ball in his hands as much, which should help his TO%, but he really needs to pass on 3PA unless he's wide open as well.

Now we have 3 guards who can break a defense down off the dribble and Larrier can against 4s as well. That's a huge plus given that last year, all we had was Jalen in that department. We need to get defenses moving and collapsing to free up buckets for our bigs, because last year UConn was 294th in the country in 2P%, which hurts my soul.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Glad to have him on board, but he really needs to work on shot selection to increase his efficiency and have a positive impact on our offense.

He won't have the ball in his hands as much, which should help his TO%, but he really needs to pass on 3PA unless he's wide open as well.
he needs to run the offense, hustle, play defense, and score the easy ones

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom