Another WVU insider posting UVA and UConn to B1G | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Another WVU insider posting UVA and UConn to B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, at least one big difference between us is that Boeheim will be around for a few more years. A second difference is that our recruiting has been going gangbusters, so whenever Boeheim leaves, Hopkins will have a loaded roster. And finally, we are in a basketball league with the two best programs of the last generation. You are in the Big East.

Actually, there is one more difference:

While you are in a basketball league with two of the best programs of the last generation, we ARE one of the best basketball programs of the last generation.

Reaction Score
Well, at least one big difference between us is that Boeheim will be around for a few more years. A second difference is that our recruiting has been going gangbusters, so whenever Boeheim leaves, Hopkins will have a loaded roster. And finally, we are in a basketball league with the two best programs of the last generation. You are in the Big East.
You lost me on you're lat two statements. Best program in past generation would be in be.

Reaction Score
Bwahahahaha, Pitino made a Final Four last year. You guys have a crap roster. You're going to have a crap year. And then Manuel will hire his own guy. So, yeah, good luck with the whole Kevin Ollie experiment this year.

BFD, he was blown out. He doesn't win championships at Louisville, and he has been there a long while. Kevin Ollie is 10x the coach Hopkins will be. AND, best of all, we'll have the jump on you guys when you transition.

Good luck getting players to come to the tundra when Boeheim's gone.

Reaction Score
Actually, there is one more difference:

While you are in a basketball league with two of the best programs of the last generation, we ARE one of the best basketball programs of the last generation.

And if somebody doesn't throw you a life raft soon, you are a handful of seasons away from being Holy Cross, Seton Hall, Providence, UMass, etc.

Reaction Score
BFD, he was blown out. He doesn't win championships at Louisville, and he has been there a long while. Kevin Ollie is 10x the coach Hopkins will be. AND, best of all, we'll have the jump on you guys when you transition.

Good luck getting players to come to the tundra when Boeheim's gone.

Shouldn't be a problem. Unlike your school, we've had multiple successful coaches in our history. That's why we have the 5th most wins of any program in NCAA history. Sure, Boeheim has been there a long time, but we made a Final Four with the coach before him (how'd you do with Dom Perno?). And we made an Elite 8 with the coach before HIM. And we have had All-American players and Hall of Famers going back to the 1920s.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And if somebody doesn't throw you a life raft soon, you are a handful of seasons away from being Holy Cross, Seton Hall, Providence, UMass, etc.

Can't you just ride your lifeboat out of here? And over Niagara Falls while you are at it? Please?

What kind of balloon knot comes here to taunt us after they have their safe landing. Why the would Syracuse not want a rival to stay a rival. What the is wrong with you?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Bwahahahaha, Pitino made a Final Four last year. You guys have a crap roster. You're going to have a crap year. And then Manuel will hire his own guy. So, yeah, good luck with the whole Kevin Ollie experiment this year.

You have your own experiment coming in a year or two.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Maybe I'm stupid. I'd like everyone to stay relevant so we can keep playing at a high level. Syracuse, Pitt, Boston College, Cincinnati, Louisville, South Florida, Rutgers....

Are Syracuse fans really so that they would prefer a natural rival be snuffed out by conference Stop then play it out on the court and field. I can't believe the majority are like this balloon knot.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm stupid. I'd like everyone to stay relevant so we can keep playing at a high level. Syracuse, Pitt, Boston College, Cincinnati, Louisville, South Florida, Rutgers....

Are Syracuse fans really so that they would prefer a natural rival be snuffed out by conference bull**** then play it out on the court and field. I can't believe the majority are like this *******.

yes. they are as cowardly as they come.

Reaction Score
You lost me on you're lat two statements. Best program in past generation would be in be.

Eh, you had a lucky run with Kemba. If anyone had continued to call traveling, that team wouldn't have made it out of the Big East tournament. Carolina and Duke are hoops royalty. UConn hoops is Jim Calhoun. If you can keep it going after him, it will be a major accomplishment.

Reaction Score
yes. they are as cowardly as they come.

Rivals change. Coaches retire. TOP PROGRAMS ENDURE. Your team would still be dogshit if it wasn't for Calhoun's dirty recruiting against us in the early 90s, and then the shady way he paid off AAU coaches (like the $20K to Rudy Gay's coach). There's a reason that Boeheim was the only guy among NCAA coaches who could stand Calhoun, because he was a punk, but Boeheim felt sorry for him after he got cancer.

Reaction Score
Rivals change. Coaches retire. TOP PROGRAMS ENDURE. Your team would still be dog**** if it wasn't for Calhoun's dirty recruiting against us in the early 90s, and then the shady way he paid off AAU coaches (like the $20K to Rudy Gay's coach). There's a reason that Boeheim was the only guy among NCAA coaches who could stand Calhoun, because he was a punk, but Boeheim felt sorry for him after he got cancer.
you were banned from the NCAA in the 90s for recruting violation. Cool story

Reaction Score
Eh, you had a lucky run with Kemba. If anyone had continued to call traveling, that team wouldn't have made it out of the Big East tournament. Carolina and Duke are hoops royalty. UConn hoops is Jim Calhoun. If you can keep it going after him, it will be a major accomplishment.

Not even out of the league yet, and already kissing tobacco road's ring.

You guys are going to fit into the ACC just fine...

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

A lucky 'run'? You mean the one that started in the beginning of the season with us blowing out Kentucky? I'm curious how you go about minimizing our 1999 and 2004 championship teams?

And as a footnote, I think it is more than adequate to classify your 2003 championship as a lucky run with Melo. I would similarly attack your other championships but....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Rivals change. Coaches retire. TOP PROGRAMS ENDURE. Your team would still be dog**** if it wasn't for Calhoun's dirty recruiting against us in the early 90s, and then the shady way he paid off AAU coaches (like the $20K to Rudy Gay's coach). There's a reason that Boeheim was the only guy among NCAA coaches who could stand Calhoun, because he was a punk, but Boeheim felt sorry for him after he got cancer.

God how does the Boneyard not ban?

How many likes does this post need for a literal hanging?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Why the **** would Syracuse not want a rival to stay a rival. What the **** is wrong with you?
I can't agree more with this statement. The UConn-Syracuse rivalry in bball is amazing. What the heck is wrong with you that you feel the need to spew crap on this board. In all liklihood we will be joining Syracuse very soon and if I was a Syracuse fan I'd be excited by this. However, even with all these "amazing" things you mention (big recruiting class, HOF coach) you act like you are threatened by us moving to the ACC. Funny how that is.....I guess I never realized how scared Syracuse is of UConn remaining relevant.

Reaction Score

Are Syracuse fans really so that they would prefer a natural rival be snuffed out by conference bull**** then play it out on the court and field. I can't believe the majority are like this *******.
You're not stupid, but you have to understand that SU, like BC fear what UConn can become athletically if allowed to compete on even playing field with them. It kills them that UConn won three national titles in mens hoops, while baby Jimmy has only won one for them, and it kills them that up to this year we were dominating the action on the gridiron against them. They see we're building a nice practice facility and the only thing that they know will allow them to stay a step ahead of us is if UConn gets marginalized via conference realignment.

SU fans were devestated that RU got B1G invite, as they were hoping to make serious inroads with the top talent in Jersey.

Reaction Score
Same with you and Carmelo - i.e. "lucky run" and same with you after JB leaves. Agree on Caroline and Duke - you aint them either.

Reaction Score
I like you IthacaMatt, I really do.

Besides boosting my "like" count, you make me feel better about myself, and about UConn's future.

How?

If/when UConn gets an invite to one of the so-called power conferences, the last thing I'd do is go over to the USF/Cinci/UCF boards and gloat. Why? 1) I'm not a , and 2) Because those schools would no longer be relevant to me.

The very fact that you continue to come here to the Boneyard tells me we're going to be just fine. It also reveals an awful lot about your character.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
I like you IthacaMatt, I really do.

Besides boosting my "like" count, you make me feel better about myself, and about UConn's future.

How?

If/when UConn gets an invite to one of the so-called power conferences, the last thing I'd do is go over to the USF/Cinci/UCF boards and gloat. Why? 1) I'm not a , and 2) Because those schools would no longer be relevant to me.

The very fact that you continue to come here to the Boneyard tells me we're going to be just fine. It also reveals an awful lot about your character.

HuskyFanDan just told me that IthacaM and Claver are the same person...

Reaction Score

That team was 14-0 in tournament settings (counting Maui). It stopped being luck by No. 5 or 6. And if you want to play the "you had one lucky run with one great player card", you're basically throwing your lone title under the bus. We have a couple others.

Second half of your post, I can't argue with. Remains to be seen if/how we keep it going.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
And let's not push IthacaMatt away...he/she makes for a good pal for Claver in our lil dog pound:

a97635_munchkin.jpg

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You're not stupid, but you have to understand that SU, like BC fear what UConn can become athletically if allowed to compete on even playing field with them. It kills them that UConn won three national titles in mens hoops, while baby Jimmy has only won one for them, and it kills them that up to this year we were dominating the action on the gridiron against them. They see we're building a nice practice facility and the only thing that they know will allow them to stay a step ahead of us is if UConn gets marginalized via conference realignment.

SU fans were devestated that RU got B1G invite, as they were hoping to make serious inroads with the top talent in Jersey.

I think maybe we are both wrong and I am stupid. I should root for BC and Syracuse and Rutgers to go away so UConn can play teams a thousand miles away where we don't know any fans and can taunt our old rivals about their demise.

Reaction Score
I MEAN WTF WITH SYRACUSE POSTERS!!!!

What a duck'n balloon knot This is what you get after a 7-5 season is this piss ant coming and telling us about football and hoops. Is this ALL4SU's alternate handle. Becuase we stopped hearing from him once UCONN beat the crap out the Orange as an annual right of passage.

Honest to god I think this idiot believes his own bull . It doesn't matter that UCONN keeps winning national and conferense championships, Jim Brown once took a crap at Syracuse.

What a dope......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak