Another WVU insider posting UVA and UConn to B1G | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Another WVU insider posting UVA and UConn to B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In response to you guys talking **** about your "hallowed program". Get a freaking clue. You are noveau riche, of the worst kind.
your "hallowed program's" riches began four years after ours!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I helped you out. I am your first follower. Let the information flow!
I was going to follow you then I got distracted.
25f73774cfc1680bf4e27a55dfe45242.jpeg

Anyone want to change their Doty or Gardler vote?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I was going to follow you then I got distracted.
25f73774cfc1680bf4e27a55dfe45242.jpeg

Anyone want to change their Doty or Gardler vote?

Were we in the middle of a Doty/Gardler vote? I imagine we all vote for whomever is in that picture... But some of us will need some help because we have no frame of reference.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Gardler used to look amazing on little black dress night at Thirsty Dog. I miss those days.

My buddy on the lax team used to throw huge parties at Carriage. Gardler used to come to them. Her price of admission always was a hug for my buddy that worked the door.

CL82

Reaction Score
Were we in the middle of a Doty/Gardler vote? I imagine we all vote for whomever is in that picture... But some of us will need some help because we have no frame of reference.
...it was in another thread but Doty/Gardler is the Ginger/MaryAnn question for UConn fans.

Reaction Score
I have some VERY interesting tweets up regarding conference realignment!

I now have 6 followers! MHver3 has 1223 followers. The Dude has 3340 followers. So I have a long way to go.

Reaction Score
In case you haven't noticed, it's much easier for someone to put together a good basketball team than a good football team. You only need a handful of good players for hoops, but you need about 50 of them to build a good football team, even more. How many teams like Butler, or VCU, or K State rise up for a few years, and then slink back down when their hot coach gets hired somewhere else? In football, the ups and downs take longer, because you have to build up a whole roster of players, not just a few good ones.

So far, Louisville has had 2 elite coaches and you've had one. If you get a second one, then you're set. If not, well, you might soon be an Atlantic 10 team if someone doesn't come along and rescue you.

You're not adding anything to this discussion. Right now the difference between UConn and Syracuse is simple. We're trying to grow our stature and continue to establish ourselves, and Syracuse has regressed drastically and is just hoping to regain a sliver of what it once was.

I'll take our situation over yours any day. Outside of jerks like you on the internet, I actually like Syracuse and I can see the pluses and minuses clearly.

First off, UConn isn't Butler or VCU. That's just a laughable comparison. UConn's institutional effort in Athletics came into focus with Calhoun, and it doesn't appear that we'll be out of focus anytime soon.

Like Syracuse, we probably don't have unlimited cash to hire a guaranteed home run hitter for every sport, however, I bet we have more resources than you guys. If we make a bad hire, like Hathaway did with football, I don't think that the damage would be irreparable.

Syracuse on the other hand doesn't seem to be rebounding that well in football. This year and last year on the field you have done better, but the dome is still not the dome I remember watching in the '90s. It's very possible that this is the best your football program will ever be right now.

UConn on the other hand will thrive and grow when we get back to 8 and 9 win seasons. This will happen whether we are in the ACC/Big 10 or CUSA god forbid.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I have some VERY interesting tweets up regarding conference realignment!

I now have 6 followers! MHver3 has 1223 followers. The Dude has 3340 followers. So I have a long way to go.

You are doing this all wrong.

Here is a rumor I heard from someone at one of the Big 12 schools. There is apparently a backdoor exit from the Grant of Rights that Texas and Oklahoma built into the Grant of Rights and TV agreement that the other schools missed, and now a couple of the Big 12 North schools are freaking out about it. While the GOR grants the television rights to the conference, there is a provision that states that a 75% super-majority is needed to enforce any legal action by the conference against another member. In effect, Oklahoma, Texas and one other school could block any enforcement of the GOR. In other words, there is no GOR.

There is some fuzziness around this clause, but the Pac 12 is comfortable enough with the legal language that my source believes those two schools are in "advanced" discussions with the Pac 12, and Oklahoma State and Texas Tech are prepared to come along for the ride. In effect, OU and UT have to take their kid brothers otherwise the block on enforcement of the GOR doesn't work. This is why the Kansas to Big 10 rumor started. Kansas has reached out to the Big 10 to put its name in the mix in case the Big 12 collapses. And this is why FSU and Clemson to the Big 12 is getting no traction with any credible sources. The Big 12 will dissolve long before the ACC.

Two Big 12 schools have actually reached out to Aresco and have asked him to hold off on adding any more programs until this is resolved. Furthermore, Luck burned so many bridges with the Big East basketball schools that the Big 12 schools in question are distancing themselves from WVU with Aresco because WVU is so toxic. Luck is apparently ignoring the situation as far as my source can tell, possibly because he has no choice. It is possible he hasn't even brought this up with his President or athletic department yet.

That is how an "insider" post reads. I would share that rumor with your friends over at the WVU scout board and see how it goes.

Reaction Score

Furthermore, Luck burned so many bridges with the Big East basketball schools that the Big 12 schools in question are distancing themselves from WVU with Aresco because WVU is so toxic. Luck is apparently ignoring the situation as far as my source can tell, possibly because he has no choice. It is possible he hasn't even brought this up with his President or athletic department yet.

How ironic and karma-like would that be? They could not wait to get the the B12 and finish in the bottom third of the conference.

Reaction Score

Here is a rumor I heard from someone at one of the Big 12 schools. There is apparently a backdoor exit from the Grant of Rights that Texas and Oklahoma built into the Grant of Rights and TV agreement that the other schools missed, and now a couple of the Big 12 North schools are freaking out about it. While the GOR grants the television rights to the conference, there is a provision that states that a 75% super-majority is needed to enforce any legal action by the conference against another member. In effect, Oklahoma, Texas and one other school could block any enforcement of the GOR. In other words, there is no GOR.

There is some fuzziness around this clause, but the Pac 12 is comfortable enough with the legal language that my source believes those two schools are in "advanced" discussions with the Pac 12, and Oklahoma State and Texas Tech are prepared to come along for the ride. In effect, OU and UT have to take their kid brothers otherwise the block on enforcement of the GOR doesn't work. This is why the Kansas to Big 10 rumor started. Kansas has reached out to the Big 10 to put its name in the mix in case the Big 12 collapses. And this is why FSU and Clemson to the Big 12 is getting no traction with any credible sources. The Big 12 will dissolve long before the ACC.

Two Big 12 schools have actually reached out to Aresco and have asked him to hold off on adding any more programs until this is resolved. Furthermore, Luck burned so many bridges with the Big East basketball schools that the Big 12 schools in question are distancing themselves from WVU with Aresco because WVU is so toxic. Luck is apparently ignoring the situation as far as my source can tell, possibly because he has no choice. It is possible he hasn't even brought this up with his President or athletic department yet.

That is how an "insider" post reads. I would share that rumor with your friends over at the WVU scout board and see how it goes.
Well done, well done indeed!

Reaction Score

That had an eerily similiar feel to every post I've read at the wvu board. I even want to believe you!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
That had an eerily similiar feel to every post I've read at the wvu board. I even want to believe you!

You know my track record on expansion is really good. I called Rutgers and Maryland to the Big 10 before anyone else was even thinking it. Anyway, this stuff is going down in the next few weeks. I will post any updates as I get them.

Reaction Score

That is very well done Waylon.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
...it was in another thread but Doty/Gardler is the Ginger/MaryAnn question for UConn fans.

Doty's cute and all but she talks like a dude. A real turnoff. Swap her out for Pam Webber.

Reaction Score

If I was a gif guy, I'd give you a "slow clap." Well done. I can see that rumor totally making the rounds if you hadn't debunked your own sources. Even then, I wouldn't be shocked to see this turn up somewhere is a "credible rumor."

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If I was a gif guy, I'd give you a "slow clap." Well done. I can see that rumor totally making the rounds if you hadn't debunked your own sources. Even then, I wouldn't be shocked to see this turn up somewhere is a "credible rumor."

The target audience is not smart enough to realize what I did.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I vote for whoever is in that picture because I don't know what they look like and that seems near impossible to top.

Reaction Score

Slow Clap Photo for you. Outstanding!
th

Reaction Score
Being still too groggy from the long holiday weekend, does Nelson's scenario help or hurt UConn.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Nicely done...already got its own thread here on the BY. Not sure that's fair but whatever.

Reaction Score
Maybe we weren't true rivals, but it is fair to say you were the second best program in the Big East, so you were the closest thing we had. Pitt made a run at passing you, but you held them off. Props for that.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
Maybe we weren't true rivals, but it is fair to say you were the second best program in the Big East, so you were the closest thing we had. Pitt made a run at passing you, but you held them off. Props for that.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
Hey that's a fair comment, I admit that Calhoun was a better tournament coach than Boeheim & when g'town went into decline in the escherick years you took advantage & passed us as a program. Yes we were hoops rivals for the pAst 20 years but despite your football wins recently ( when we were at our all time worst as a program) on the football side that never grew into a rivalry game for us. No harm intended there, it's just what is.

Yes I'd prefer you in the big 10 because it would eliminate you as a rival. No offense but I won't miss playing you guys if you wind up elsewhere. It's just better for our program long term to be in a different league than you & Rutgers for football. We have lots of history with the acc football teams & our fans would prefer to play those teams than you guys. I'm tired of being in a league that has built up lesser programs at our expense.

I'll bow out now. Sorry to stir the pot. You guys are good guys. We have lots of history that we've shared. But if this is about football, I still think of you guys as minor league and would prefer to play other programs and not compete for the scraps in eastern recruiting.

Reaction Score
I vote for whoever is in that picture because I don't know what they look like and that seems near impossible to top.

Doty is super-cute while Gardler is smokin'. Pick your poison, there's no loser.

CL82

Reaction Score

That's Gardler. This Doty:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Shouldn't be a problem. Unlike your school, we've had multiple successful coaches in our history. That's why we have the 5th most wins of any program in NCAA history. Sure, Boeheim has been there a long time, but we made a Final Four with the coach before him (how'd you do with Dom Perno?). And we made an Elite 8 with the coach before HIM. And we have had All-American players and Hall of Famers going back to the 1920s.

In the best season in Syracuse history, the played UConn twice and lost twice. In fact, at no time in either game did they have a lead. That NC was a complete fluke. Congrats. Come back when you win a couple more and you can talk as an equal.

Reaction Score
That's Gardler. This Doty:

Am I missing something? This picture is supposed to be a response to the picture posted earlier? I don't know who these people are but on this board this actually caused a debate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom