Another WVU insider posting UVA and UConn to B1G | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Another WVU insider posting UVA and UConn to B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They've said this since forever. What they say and what they do are two separate things. The ACC has also said things about academics. I'm not hanging my hat on them.

Actually what they do has been entirely consistent with this. The B1G just invited two contiguous state schools with AAU membership. The ACC only had one move previously and rejected WVU.

Reaction Score
Yes, this board thinks were on the same level nationally as Notre Dame. You figured it out.

Who won the last head-to-head matchup? They have a nice history from the 1920's and the Gipper and all, but what have they done lately?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
We already discussed Nebraska's invitation process.

Actually what they do has been entirely consistent with this. The B1G just invited two contiguous state schools with AAU membership. The ACC only had one move previously and rejected WVU.

Reaction Score
I might be stupid, but what history does Louisville have?

They had one good year in 1990 under Schnellenberger, who went on to coach D2, but only started winning again in 1998 under Smith, all the way through 2005-6 under Petrino. Louisville history, as best I can tell, consists of about 9 or 10 good seasons within a span of 16 or 17 years. all of them recent. Prior to 2004, all those seasons were in a weak CUSA.

Granted, Cincy was MAC level prior to its BE entry, but I'm having a hard time being impressed here.

Nine straight bowls. Eleven overall. Twice ranked as high as #6 nationally in the 2000s. And before Schnellenberger, they were coached by Lee Corso. They've produced around 40 NFL players, including 17 active ones. That's a pretty good track record.

For a school with a total of 3 bowl wins, with 2 of them coming against Buffalo and Toledo, you guys sure talk a lot of smack about your program.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Nine straight bowls. Eleven overall. Twice ranked as high as #6 nationally in the 2000s. And before Schnellenberger, they were coached by Lee Corso. They've produced around 40 NFL players, including 17 active ones. That's a pretty good track record.

For a school with a total of 3 bowl wins, with 2 of them coming against Buffalo and Toledo, you guys sure talk a lot of smack about your program.
Does Lee Corso count as a plus or a minus?

Reaction Score

Well we got GDL and PP and you don't so there.

Wait a minute.....

Reaction Score

BFD, there are 35 bowls. In CUSA, UConn would have done the same thing. Are we supposed to be impressed by that? Lee Corso??!!? That's impressive to you? Who cares about rising high in the rankings? Where'd they finish? Yale was that high in the rankings as recently as the 1980s! USF was ranked #3 in the country.

UConn has 14 players in the NFL, by the way.

Cuse has a losing record against UConn
Pitt too!
Louisville is 2-4 the last 6 games!

I can only conclude that you're threatened!!!!

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

You would be citing this same information on the cuse board to prove how much UL sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
BFD, there are 35 bowls. In CUSA, UConn would have done the same thing. Are we supposed to be impressed by that? Lee Corso??!!? That's impressive to you? Who cares about rising high in the rankings? Where'd they finish? Yale was that high in the rankings as recently as the 1980s! USF was ranked #3 in the country.

UConn has 14 players in the NFL, by the way.

Cuse has a losing record against UConn
Pitt too!
Louisville is 2-4 the last 6 games!

I can only conclude that you're threatened!!!!

Hey, I'm responding to a guy above who says your two programs are a wash in football. And while that may be so if you look at the last 5 years, I've been telling you guys for a couple years now that in football, fans take the long view of a program. Heisman trophies, bowl games, big wins, players in the pros - not "who did you beat last year".

The fact of the matter is that although your hoops team under Calhoun has been great, Louisville did have the Denny Crum years, and has Pitino, and looks every bit as good as you guys do from an image perspective. Louisville is a TV draw. Their football program has some legitimate history; certainly more than you guys. You're going to end up somewhere, but the Big 10 might be the better fit for you than the ACC.

Reaction Score
Hey, I'm responding to a guy above who says your two programs are a wash in football. And while that may be so if you look at the last 5 years, I've been telling you guys for a couple years now that in football, fans take the long view of a program. Heisman trophies, bowl games, big wins, players in the pros - not "who did you beat last year".

The fact of the matter is that although your hoops team under Calhoun has been great, Louisville did have the Denny Crum years, and has Pitino, and looks every bit as good as you guys do from an image perspective. Louisville is a TV draw. Their football program has some legitimate history; certainly more than you guys. You're going to end up somewhere, but the Big 10 might be the better fit for you than the ACC.
Why is the big ten a better fit?

Reaction Score
Hey, I'm responding to a guy above who says you're two programs are a wash in football. And while that may be so if you look at the last 5 years, I've been telling you guys for a couple years now that in football, fans take the long view of a program. Heisman trophies, bowl games, big wins, players in the pros - not "who did you beat last year". The fact of the matter is that although your hoops team under Calhoun has been great, Louisville did have the Denny Crum years, and has Pitino, and looks every bit as good as you guys do from an image perspective. Louisville is a TV draw. Their football program has some legitimate history; certainly more than you guys. You're going to end up somewhere, but the Big 10 might be the better fit for you than the ACC.

Says the guy whose programs better days are over. no wonder you take that position. But most of the people in the stands were not around back then. Many of them grew up with UConn basketball being a top 5 program. UConn football is now 12 years in, give it another decade and the whole past thing will be forgotten, just like no one questions VTech's history.

Get out of here with your ridiculous Louiville bball claim. The record does not match up.

A TV draw? BS. Look at the ratings, ads, licensing money of the two programs. Not even close.

Reaction Score
Why? Because then Syracuse won't have to recruit against UConn in the country's best basketball conference.
Oh I knew. Just wanted to see what they said. In addition, UConn has gotten football players that would have normally ended up at SU. They know what time it is.

caw

Reaction Score
Why? Because then Syracuse won't have to recruit against UConn in the country's best basketball conference.

I'm sorry, while B10 basketball may not be as sexy, but I'm not so sure which conference would be the better basketball conference.

Duke/UNC/NCState/Cuse versus Indiana/MSU/Michigan/Maryland are pretty even top 4's with a slight lead for the ACC

Pitt/ND/FSU/Va. Tech vs OSU/Purdue/Illinois/Wisconsin is fairly even, slight nod to the Big Ten (maybe bigger than slight).

Wake Forest/Georgia Tech/Clemson/Miami/UVA/BC vs. Northwestern/Minnesota/Iowa/Nebraska/PSU/Rutgers all suck and don't matter really.

If UL goes ACC and UConn goes Big Ten then the balance remains, with maybe a very tiny lead to the ACC. If UL goes Big12 and UConn goes Big Ten then Big Ten is a better basketball conference IMO. If both UL and UConn go ACC, then that is the best basketball conference, hands down.

BTW great weekend for UL:
  1. Lose to UConn (check)
  2. Lose to Duke (check)

Reaction Score

I love how the "long view perspective" only works with football (knowing full well that we haven't even been at the BCS level for 15 years). Yet Louisville basketball looks "every bit as good" as UConn in the image department. Nevermind UConn's success has been outrageously more prolific than Louisville's (or any other Big East program's) for the past 25 years.

I suppose this is what you meant by a good image?

Reaction Score
Who won the last head-to-head matchup? They have a nice history from the 1920's and the Gipper and all, but what have they done lately?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
I imagine going to the national championship this year counts as doing something lately. I didn't say anything about which team won a game three years ago, I was talking about being a national brand. Everyone knows who the Irish are, and they have pockets of fans across the country. Honestly Notre Dame would probably draw a bigger audience in NYC than Rutgers.

Reaction Score
Another WVU insider said the ACC is on the brink of dissolving. :rolleyes:

http://www.eersauthority.com/expansion-update-acc-on-the-brink/

Ha... The infamous Dude - mortal enemy of MHVer3

Chris Lambert - Chris usually writes using the pseudonym "Honus Sneed" is known as the "Dude of WV". He's sometimes controversial and sometimes funny but his love of the Mountaineers is always apparent. He is married to smartest, most bad-ass, derby girl who is as beautiful as she is tough. They share their life with the iirrepressible Fozzie Bear of Chaos who denies he is related in any way to Bo Obama.

Reaction Score
I imagine going to the national championship this year counts as doing something lately. I didn't say anything about which team won a game three years ago, I was talking about being a national brand. Everyone knows who the Irish are, and they have pockets of fans across the country. Honestly Notre Dame would probably draw a bigger audience in NYC than Rutgers.

I know - I was kidding with that one. Didn't put the /snark tag on there. We could only dream of matching Notre Dame's brand/tradition in football, the same way that they could only dream about matching UConn's brand/tradition in polo.

Reaction Score
I know - I was kidding with that one. Didn't put the /snark tag on there. We could only dream of matching Notre Dame's brand/tradition in football, the same way that they could only dream about matching UConn's brand/tradition in polo.
Or basketball. And soccer.

Reaction Score
Another WVU insider said the ACC is on the brink of dissolving. :rolleyes:

http://www.eersauthority.com/expansion-update-acc-on-the-brink/

That guy makes the Dude of West Virginia and MHver3 look respectable. He knows everything about everything.

I think what we are lacking is an insider with information. We need a UConn insider like that.

I think I am going to take on that job. I now pronounce myself "The Dude of Connecticut". I'm going to put that in my signature and start coming up with insider information. If they can do it, we can do it too. I can go over to other boards and tell them stuff I know. Then, everyone will be talking about how the Dude of Connecticut is predicting this, predicting that, etc. It will help us with conference realignment.

Reaction Score
That guy makes the Dude of West Virginia and MHver3 look respectable. He knows everything about everything.

I think what we are lacking is an insider with information. We need a UConn insider like that.

I think I am going to take on that job. I now pronounce myself "The Dude of Connecticut". I'm going to put that in my signature and start coming up with insider information. If they can do it, we can do it too. I can go over to other boards and tell them stuff I know. Then, everyone will be talking about how the Dude of Connecticut is predicting this, predicting that, etc. It will help us with conference realignment.
You'll end up looking like this "FSU" fan.

fsu.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom