Another Shoe drops in the North Carolina Fiasco

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
University of Louisville hires top campus lawyer from UNC-Chapel Hill

Was their principal
attorney during the years the cheating took place.
Looks like the Cards want to get in on the fun.
I saw that - her claim to fame re the scandal was denying freedom of information requests and then defending those denials in court (where she lost.) I don't think she likely had any idea about the classes, and I am not sure blame really attaches to her role in the cover-up since that is her 'job'. But I am sure she is happy to get out of the fire!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I think she knew the deal and didnt wanna be a part of it... post-season bans etc.
I highly doubt that had anything to do with it.
She was following Tia Cooper to UNC. When Cooper de-committed from UNC, she was bummed out and waited for Cooper to commit to UT, then xfer out of UNC and followed her to UT.

Academics had nothing to do with it.
interesting observations at this time

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Oh yes! I don't think any judge is going to toss a lawsuit like this again at least prior to discovery. UNC and the NCAA got some 'splaining to do!

And now they must do their 'splaining under oath. Nothing like the power of subpoenas to encourage miscreants at all levels to "fess up."

This massive and sustained academic fraud is disgusting. The McAdoo lawsuit maybe the first of many -- think about thousands of graduates whose degrees may lose their former prestige once UNC's very accreditation is undermined by this scandal.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Yes, the scandal at PSU was an outrage. Now would someone please explain what this has to do in any way, shape or form with the outrageous scandal at UNC? Does it really matter whether one is worse than the other? Does the behavior of the involved individuals at PSU in any way affect the culpability of the involved individuals at UNC? If so, how? And if not, why in the name of common sense do people insist on dragging the PSU case into a thread about UNC? Really, what is the point?
Because academics the situation at UNC is something the NCAA is, actually, supposed to insure is managed for the student athletes and competitive fairness.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Because academics the situation at UNC is something the NCAA is, actually, supposed to insure is managed for the student athletes and competitive fairness.

The NCAA is probably too busy checking the air pressure of footballs to be concerned about some triviality like academics.

Reaction Score
Diamond wanted to leave before last season started and was begged to stay. She wanted to come to Tennessee for a long time but Pat stepping down threw her off kilter with her decision. She has mentioned this a few times in interviews.

She was recently name student athlete of the month so she is proving to be a great student. She mentioned once how much she still had to figure out as far as balancing everything when she got to Tennessee. Apparently it wasn't as challenging at UNC.
I've always been suspicious of programs that brag about 100% graduation rates for their athletes, particularly at schools that are not known as being academically rigorous, and, where sports is an exceptionally important factor in the school's reputation.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I've always been suspicious of programs that brag about 100% graduation rates for their athletes, particularly at schools that are not known as being academically rigorous, and, where sports is an exceptionally important factor in the school's reputation.
Shocked!.jpg

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Are you implying that Bubba ain't, Michael?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom