Another Offer Out | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Another Offer Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
You're right, but what does that have to do with Alex vs. Doug?

Nothing.

Further, if you're placing equal value on Ben's transgressions and Doug's, you're a dingbat.

I'm not. What I'm saying is there is more to an athlete than the amount of times they show up in the police blotter.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
You're right, but what does that have to do with Alex vs. Doug?

Nothing.

Further, if you're placing equal value on Ben's transgressions and Doug's, you're a dingbat.
And, if were going to bring up arrests, I vote for Rashards as being quite possibly the silliest arrest in UCONN history.

Reaction Score
Anybody have anything to say about Shelton Mitchell or Nah?

Oh yeah that's what this thread is about.......he looks similar to Marcus Williams at first glance of the video.........doesn't look 6'3" but who knows........nice handle, slick passer with great vision that you can tell.....not sure of the offense besides the passing but decent looking stroke and runners...........

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm not. What I'm saying is there is more to an athlete than the amount of times they show up in the police blotter.

And yet it makes a fine metric when discussing Alex Oriakhi and Doug Wiggins - suspensions and drug tests might be another set of metrics. How about on the court performance? Academics? General comportment? How about not getting thrown out of school? How about not getting thrown out of a second school?

Doesn't matter - the answer is still the same. A thoughtful person would still pick AO.

Reaction Score
And yet it makes a fine metric when discussing Alex Oriakhi and Doug Wiggins - suspensions and drug tests might be another set of metrics. How about on the court performance? Academics? General comportment?

Doesn't matter - the answer is still the same. A thoughtful person would still pick AO.

Thoughtful or reasonable?

Reaction Score
I was trying to think of a nice way to say, "anyone with half a duck*ing brain".

Was just trying to get you to be truthful.....much better!! You were scaring me with your dancing, it's not like you Fish!

Reaction Score
Alex. A thousand times, Alex.

He's a bit petulant and his dad is a blithering idiot, but at least you don't have to worry about him starring in the latest copy of the police blotter.

Agree on the police blotter. Still is a toss up to me though. I think if AO could find a way to silence his father (and himself), I would think much differently.;)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
- do we need another lefty?
-a bit slow in side movement
-smooth handle
-body needs some work but size and lenght are there for a pg/sg

i see some dbev and some austrie. i can see the potential but question the ceiling.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Funny, in response to Oriakhi over Wiggins above: I was listening to the post-game news conference after the Syracuse semifinal in the 2011 Big East Tournament and someone asked Oriakhi this question:

"Considering the amount of 6'8''+ guys on the court tonight, how did a guy who's 6 feet in heels (Kemba Walker) be the leading rebounder for the team?" - Reporter

Oriakhi responds, "He got a lot of long rebounds, he wasn't battling like I was down low." - Alex Oriakhi.

To me that sums up his narcissistic and traitorous characteristics.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
He is from Waxhaw, North Carolina.[/quote]
Plays with a good rhythm...very good vision. I agree with the Marcus Williams comparison

Reaction Score
Funny, in response to Oriakhi over Wiggins above: I was listening to the post-game news conference after the Syracuse semifinal in the 2011 Big East Tournament and someone asked Oriakhi this question:

"Considering the amount of 6'8''+ guys on the court tonight, how did a guy who's 6 feet in heels (Kemba Walker) be the leading rebounder for the team?" - Reporter

Oriakhi responds, "He got a lot of long rebounds, he wasn't battling like I was down low." - Alex Oriakhi.

To me that sums up his narcissistic and traitorous characteristics.
IIRC, that was said tongue-in-cheek and it was obvious to anyone watching the interview. Maybe you didn't catch the context if you didn't see the interview.

Reaction Score
Are you guys serious? How did a thread about a PG recruit turn into an Oriakhi thread? The inability for you dudes to stay on topic makes this board damn near unreadable at times.

I dunno.

We're a schizo bunch?

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
IIRC, that was said tongue-in-cheek and it was obvious to anyone watching the interview. Maybe you didn't catch the context if you didn't see the interview.

I saw the interview. Sure it was a funny response, but there was envy and anger in his eyes.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Are you guys serious? How did a thread about a PG recruit turn into an Oriakhi thread? The inability for you dudes to stay on topic makes this board damn near unreadable at times.
Answer: another offer out, the topic title, reminds people AO got an offer from Mizzou and left UConn. Doesn't matter if he was leaving and picked an offer. That's too subtle a distinction for us.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Liked what I saw quite a bit in that video. Cerebral player who takes his time and is a great ballhandler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom