Anna Makurat Commits to UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Anna Makurat Commits to UConn

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
How is it clear photo was before tourney ? Just curious

If I can answer for oldude, Geno went to Europe to visit Muhl during the idle stretch before the NCAA tourney started. It's likely he stopped in Poland for a home visit with Mukurat on the trip.

Reaction Score
Ok thought mayb she was here now that her season was over thanks

Reaction Score
Hmm. I wonder if he also made a stop in Germany to visit Bossior (spelling) after Poland and we don't know yet.... Still hoping for Westbrook and Cooks to round things out.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It looks like Geno has finally tapped into a gold mine of talent in Europe with Nika, Ania and more to come. One of the things we’ve learned from these young ladies is that there are a lot of young girls in Europe who’ve grown up as fans of UConn WBB. Think about it. They’ve seen UConn players star on European pro teams and win Olympic gold medals for years.

When one door closes, another one opens. Right now, UConn is open for business, especially for BIGS. :D

Carnac

Reaction Score
I would almost bet the farm she’ll be a wing.

I don’t think it will impact 2020 because as much as I’d like to see Hailey Van Lith come UConn, I think that ship sailed when Muhl signed. We’re just waiting on a post (in case you haven’t heard :rolleyes:) for 2020.

As far as 2021 goes, I don’t think Azzi Fudd is going to be scared off by anyone. If she wants to come to UConn, she will. Beyond her, I think it’s really impossible to tell if there are other guards who may go elsewhere.

Let's hope not. Hopefully she's the kind of player that is confident in her skills and abilities, and welcomes a challenge; and is more than willing to compete for a starting position and playing time.

Reaction Score
I still think there's a great chance we'll get Westbrook also as her normal position is SG not PG which she had to play at TN for the good of the team!
I also think Geno will get Cooks for the inside taking what was a thin depth chart to making an embarrassment of riches!

Reaction Score
Geno is just over 6 feet tall, and she’s taller than him in this pic. Maybe 6’2”?....don’t ask me to covert that to Bria Hartley measurements

Reaction Score
Haha! no way Geno is close to 6' tall... Geno looks to be bout 5'8"

Reaction Score
I still think there's a great chance we'll get Westbrook also as her normal position is SG not PG which she had to play at TN for the good of the team!
I also think Geno will get Cooks for the inside taking what was a thin depth chart to making an embarrassment of riches!
I agree. I actually think it would be Westbrook that helped Coombs make her decision not Ania who is a natural 3 player. We should know soon. I can't think Westbrook would make an announcement until she leaves campus for the semester. No way I would want to make a UConn announcement and then still have to walk around the Tenn campus for a couple weeks until finals are over.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Congratulations Anna!! UConn Nation welcomes you to Storrs!! I am looking forward to watching her play. #UConnnumber1fan!!#BleedBlue!!

Reaction Score
Congrats Huskies fans! Should definitely provide some relief for next season!

So side question: with two international recruits for Geno this spring, and with Tara at Stanford having also recruited three international players in the past few years, what do we think this means about the future of college bball, especially for more old-school coaches like Tara and Geno? In a recent interview, Haley Jones had this to say about Tara, which really has echoes of Geno:

Geno and Tara seem somewhat old-school compared to contemporary (read: coddling) mores in college basketball. They don't mess around, and they don't sugar-coat. Are international players more willing to be pushed? Are they more comfortable with old school coaching methods? Or is this just a weird coincidence for both coaches? It just seems striking that Geno has gone international twice in a row after not signing any international players for over a decade...?

And FWIW, if I had to guess, I would think this would suggest Westbrook will go elsewhere, because UConn is already long in mid-sized guards. With Crystal Dangerfield locking down point for next year and then Bueckers and Muhl coming in 2020, I don't see where there's a guaranteed starting spot for her?
Adia Barnes, Arizona Wildcats Head Coach,has five (her entire recruiting class) international players coming in next year! By the way, I believe she is going to make some noise in the PAC 12 in the near future. We are very happy here in Tucson with our new coach, though sad to have recently lost Morgan Valley.

Carnac

Reaction Score

If the rumors floating around the yard are true and I believe they are, UConn has a 50-50 chance of getting her. It's been reported that she'll decide between UConn and Oregon, although, she wasn't considering UConn coming out of high school.

Westbrook (Salem Oregon) was the No. 2 recruit in the 2017 class when she made her decision from a list that consisted of Tennessee, Oregon State, Notre Dame, Maryland, and USC.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
How is it clear photo was before tourney ? Just curious
We know Geno traveled to Europe for several days right after the AAC tournament but prior to the NCAA tournament. During that period of time he definitely met with Nika Muhl, as she posted a picture of the two on social media. While it was rumored that Geno also met with other European recruits, there was never any confirmation until the picture of Geno and Anna was posted yesterday.

Reaction Score
It appears she chose UConn from a final group that included: Utah, Ohio State, USF, and Oregon. She posted a thank you to them in her story on IG.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom