Anna Makurat Commits to UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Anna Makurat Commits to UConn

Reaction Score
Geno and Tara seem somewhat old-school compared to contemporary (read: coddling) mores in college basketball. They don't mess around, and they don't sugar-coat. Are international players more willing to be pushed? Are they more comfortable with old school coaching methods? Or is this just a weird coincidence for both coaches?

Could be a few things.
1) Go back to Geno's highly publicized comments from the F4 a few years ago, in which he says that more and more kids "want to be cool" (as opposed to great BB players), because that's the culture today around sports. I dont think athletes have quite the same stature in Europe.
2) It's possible that some int'l players are a bit more mature, since they are already playing on big-time teams.
3) It could also just be the new trend and both coaches are on to it. Geno never showed much interest in transfers either. But he changed his thinking recently. Now there may be a stronger crop of foreign players than there had been previously.
4) Or just a necessary alternative given increased recruiting competition within the states?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I know we’ve talked a ton about her, but Anna is such a mature player, and that’s what I’m really excited about. We get a lot of great high school players, but her game shows that she’s been playing with older girls. There isn’t a lot of of flash, just fundamentally sound basketball. And, like others have pointed out, finishing her season before announcing tells us a lot about her character.

Geno and CD are really going to take her to the next level and I. AM. SO. EXCITED.

Reaction Score
I know we’ve talked a ton about her, but I Anna is such a mature player, and that’s what I’m really excited about. We get a lot of great high school players, but her game shows that she’s been playing with older girls. There isn’t a lot of of flash, just fundamentally sound basketball. And, like others have pointed out, finishing her season before announcing tells us a lot about her character.

Geno and CD are really going to take her to the next level and I. AM. SO. EXCITED.

glad to welcome AM but I'm curious to see how this effects 2020/21 recruiting...........is she strictly a shooting guard?, Can she play on the wing? Is she a two year player or is she willing to commit (as much as one can) to four years at UConn? She really does appear to be a very mature player...............I'm hopeful that she can make an immediate impact next year.....................

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
glad to welcome AM but I'm curious to see how this effects 2020/21 recruiting......is she strictly a shooting guard?, Can she play on the wing? Is she a two year player or is she willing to commit (as much as one can) to four years at UConn? She really does appear to be a very mature player.....I'm hopeful that she can make an immediate impact next year......

I would almost bet the farm she’ll be a wing.

I don’t think it will impact 2020 because as much as I’d like to see Hailey Van Lith come UConn, I think that ship sailed when Muhl signed. We’re just waiting on a post (in case you haven’t heard :rolleyes:) for 2020.

As far as 2021 goes, I don’t think Azzi Fudd is going to be scared off by anyone. If she wants to come to UConn, she will. Beyond her, I think it’s really impossible to tell if there are other guards who may go elsewhere.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am just so happy that Aubrey is not a class of one anymore. That would have been brutal. Freshman need to band together and help each other through the culture shock and demands of UConn.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
She was standing in a hole. She's actually 6'5" !
real_height.jpg

Reaction Score
This is great. Everything about her game screams that she has watched hours of film on Diana and tried to emulate her game. After the video I just saw, I don't think it's too much of a stretch that she will be our best passer.

I still think we need at least two more rotation players and maybe a walk-on. So, I'll take Westbrook, Sidney Cooks, and a walk-on. Then commitments from Angel Reese and Hannah Gusters.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I still think we need at least two more rotation players and maybe a walk-on. So, I'll take Westbrook, Sidney Cooks, and a walk-on. Then commitments from Angel Reese and Hannah Gusters.
Is that all? :rolleyes:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I am just so happy that Aubrey is not a class of one anymore. That would have been brutal. Freshman need to band together and help each other through the culture shock and demands of UConn.
Wow, who knew Aubrey spoke Polish! Multi-positional and multi-linguistic....:cool:

Reaction Score
I felt that Geno had a few players up his sleeve for next year. Clearly the photo was likely taken when Geno was in Europe prior to the Big Dance. Geno and Ania have been sitting on this until after the end of her season.

Ania currently looks like the 5th starter next year unless and until Geno pulls another player from under his other sleeve.....
How is it clear photo was before tourney ? Just curious

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
This is not good for WCBB! Three DT type players on the same team in 2020. No, No, No! UConn will be banned from WCBB. If they sign a good big, who will want to play them?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom