Angel Reese in the portal | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Angel Reese in the portal

Reaction Score
Don't know, as I don't see the word "we" anywhere in my posted question of, "When was Stanford put on our schedule for next year? If they are, it's a big surprise".

I read this portion of your post, "WBB is in a good position right now with three major contenders in SCar, Uconn and Stanford all of whom will play regular season games against each other net year. " and asked my question.
I should have asked “ who is. ‘Our’?”

Reaction Score
Reese seems to me to be a lot like Horston. She puts up big numbers in part because the ball is in her hands a lot. The few minutes I've seen her play it looked like she was playing the other team by herself. Putting up all the shots and driving. She clearly has talent but I didn't see a team oriented player. Admittedly, I'm talking 10 minutes of seeing her play.

Reaction Score
Reese seems to me to be a lot like Horston. She puts up big numbers in part because the ball is in her hands a lot. The few minutes I've seen her play it looked like she was playing the other team by herself. Putting up all the shots and driving. She clearly has talent but I didn't see a team oriented player. Admittedly, I'm talking 10 minutes of seeing her play.
I felt the same way, but her style did seem to fit the way MD played. Certainly very talented if someone can harness the potential.

Reaction Score
Your rule makes sense, although I suspect there would be legal challenges to this...
As much as I hate to think of the NCAA making more rules and trusting them to get it right, it is something they should consider. Even the NFL and NBA try to create an opportunity for more teams to be competitive via salary caps, draft order and restricted free agency.

Reaction Score
As much as I hate to think of the NCAA making more rules and trusting them to get it right, it is something they should consider. Even the NFL and NBA try to create an opportunity for more teams to be competitive via salary caps, draft order and restricted free agency.
I see your point, but the difference is that the NFL and NBA are professional leagues with CBAs,,,

Reaction Score
I know ppl don't love her attitude. Its grown on me. At times she probably needs to control it better but I just think she's super competitive and plays like she believes she's the best player on the court at all times. I think her and Brink got into it a little in the sweet 16 game and Haley Jones had to calm Brink down. I've seen her defend Caitlin Clark effectively and Mackenzie Holmes effectively. Her game is unorthodox. She has a weird way of getting shots off around the basket. Her shot isn't all that smooth, but she has a great motor. I think she's the type of talent u make room for and accommodate but I don't really see her coming to UConn. I really don't know where she'll end up but I think she will have a huge impact.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
1649459243554.png

Reaction Score
I'm Not sure. I found this You tube post of her and her final 5 schools.

I’ve never heard her outside of maybe in in-game interview and after watching that video, I have to say she seems like a great person and player. Specifically, she brought up how even if she doesn’t score, she’ll try to get assists and rebounds. If that doesn’t sound like a UConn mentality I don’t know what does. I’d imagine Tennessee could go hard after her since they could use someone like her, she fits their system, and stated she already was considering going their in that video.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Two more open slots as of this morning, the lesser goods in the cupboard are being let go. I know we don't know if Dawn let them know that her plans didn't include them or not, I just am very skeptical of coincidences. Now we wait and see how things turn out. Still don't see where any player not a PG would think that there is much playing time open at SC next year.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Two more open slots as of this morning, the lesser goods in the cupboard are being let go. I know we don't know if Dawn let them know that her plans didn't include them or not, I just am very skeptical of coincidences. Now we wait and see how things turn out. Still don't see where any player not a PG would think that there is much playing time open at SC next year.
Who are the two players? Are their names in the Transfer Portal thread?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The thing that amazes me is that SC may just end up keeping Amihere & Cardoso for another year, two players who would start and play big minutes for the vast majority of WBB teams across the country

This past season Amihere & Cardoso averaged 16 mpg & 13 mpg respectively, and that includes a number of SC blowout wins. In the biggest game of the season against the Huskies, they both had just 9 minutes of PT each.

Reaction Score
The thing that amazes me is that SC may just end up keeping Amihere & Cardoso for another year, two players who would start and play big minutes for the vast majority of WBB teams across the country

This past season Amihere & Cardoso averaged 16 mpg & 13 mpg respectively, and that includes a number of SC blowout wins. In the biggest game of the season against the Huskies, they both had just 9 minutes of PT each.
That amazes me also. Especially Cardoso. She'd be starting, playing 30 minutes and putting up double-doubles at pretty much any other program. We sure wanted her at Louisville.

Reaction Score
That amazes me also. Especially Cardoso. She'd be starting, playing 30 minutes and putting up double-doubles at pretty much any other program. We sure wanted her at Louisville.
I'm still amazed she chose South Carolina knowing that she'd be a part time player...........perhaps she likes that role rather than being a major contributor........

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I'm still amazed she chose South Carolina knowing that she'd be a part time player...........perhaps she likes that role rather than being a major contributor........

Doubt she thought she was going to have such a small role but even so, I think it is not a bad deal. Her natural talent (and height) assures her a good opportunity to get and stick in the WNBA even if she is a backup at SC and going up against Boston in practice has to improve your game. And she can always sell those threads from the cut down basketball net(s).

Reaction Score
Because of work, I skipped the BY for a few days, and came back to these surprises today.
Best wishes to the student athletes as they try to navigate their lives through this winding college path.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom