Andrew Nembhard Official Visit | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Andrew Nembhard Official Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well that's a buzz kill if true
Sounded like it was his opinion. He said he was going to make some calls and check to see if the visit is still happening. So nothing official yet that he's not visiting. We definitely need another guard so I don't see Ollie giving up on Carey and Nembhard.

Reaction Score
Seriously? Because we will have only 3 guards on the whole team next year, two of which are 5'9-5-10. Nembhart or Carey would play a ton.
yes seriously, however I think they can get a shooting wing/guard like Mathews Jr. I think that's why they extended the offer

Reaction Score
Maybe it's just the optimist in me, but I don't buy that we're out on Carey/Nembhard. Both of them would slot more into a 2/3 role on our team since they're a little bigger guards. It shouldn't be hard to sell them on playing time when really the only guy we have at their spot is Vital (and Anderson who's gone by that point)

Reaction Score
yes seriously, however I think they can get a shooting wing/guard like Mathews Jr. I think that's why they extended the offer
We can't go into 2018 with 3 guards, that's not even enough to scrimmage with. Maybe it's not Carey or Nembhard but we need to add another guard. We just witnessed what happens when there's no depth

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
I'm fine with going into 18 with a heathy Gilbert,vital,akinjo and a fifth year senior and maybe picking up a scoring wing.

Reaction Score
We can't go into 2018 with 3 guards, that's not even enough to scrimmage with. Maybe it's not Carey or Nembhard but we need to add another guard. We just witnessed what happens when there's no depth
I agree we do need a guard, what I'm saying is that it wont be Carey or Nembhard

Reaction Score
I'm fine with going into 18 with a heathy Gilbert,vital,akinjo and a fifth year senior and maybe picking up a scoring wing.
Cool off on two top PG's we've been after for some time in hopes of landing a grad transfer? No thanks. Sell one of the two on the playing time that certainly exists at guard for '18-19.

Reaction Score
I agree we do need a guard, what I'm saying is that it wont be Carey or Nembhard
We'll agree to disagree there. I'd be willing to bet 1 of those 2 ends up here sometime soon

Reaction Score
Cool off on two top PG's we've been after for some time in hopes of landing a grad transfer? No thanks. Sell one of the two on the playing time that certainly exists at guard for '18-19.
There are a lot of productive 5th year seniors or JUCOs available at late dated, Its college BBall free agency

Reaction Score
Nembhard has been close with Gonzaga for a long time. This last push by Ollie isn't going to sway him our way.

We need to convince Jalen Carey and his family during the in home visit to come our way. We have a good chance with Jalen.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
I'm saying if they were scared off by akinjo and don't want to come here. I'd take a grad transfer over another kid ranked 250ish at guard.

Reaction Score
Akinjo steals from spotlight, but think staff was painting that picture for him already. Think it comes down to whether or not he wants to focus on being a pure PG. His game lends itself more to combo G and that is what we are pitching.

Reaction Score
Akinjo steals from spotlight, but think staff was painting that picture for him already. Think it comes down to whether or not he wants to focus on being a pure PG. His game lends itself more to combo G and that is what we are pitching.
Everyone wants to be a PG, but jamming a square peg into a round hole doesn't get kids to the NBA any faster. Hopefully KO can articulate that well and get Carey on board.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Good news.

It's how I genuinely feel, not just cuz it helps my favorite teams recruiting.

Especially in offenses like UConn, it doesn't matter if you're the pure 1 or not. If he is suited for this offense, he will showcase his guard abilities.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I'd love Carey and/or Nembhard and Carrigan. Shittu is a pipe dream but obviously id love to have him.

Reaction Score
Carey still....yes. Not sure about a visit this weekend. It has been quiet w. him and Carrigan.

Good to hear we are still on Carey. Would love to see us still on Nembhard as well, but I can see a potential fit concern there, as him and Akinjo both seem to be better fits with the ball in their hands. This could still work as Boatright often worked off the ball at Akinjo's size, but it's generally unusual.

Any reason why the Carrigan interest has cooled? Mainly on his side? Haven't really seen us linked to any other bigs in 2018...maybe that bodes well for how the staff thinks of our younger guys on the current roster?

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Anybody remember the name of the last 4* who committed while we were over the limit of 13? Have we had one? Yes, 2 guys may leave but until they say so, it's not guaranteed.

I think Ollie wants 1 last top guy interested & then will need to wait til Spring for the next Antoine Anderson.

Akinjo/Wilson were big scores. Puts us in a nice spot. Both direct positions of guys thought to be moving on soon.

Reaction Score
Anybody remember the name of the last 4* who committed while we were over the limit of 13? Have we had one? Yes, 2 guys may leave but until they say so, it's not guaranteed.

I think Ollie wants 1 last top guy interested & then will need to wait til Spring for the next Antoine Anderson.

Akinjo/Wilson were big scores. Puts us in a nice spot. Both direct positions of guys thought to be moving on soon.

I may be wrong, but wasn't Drummond our last 13+1? That situation was a bit different because he was in-state and (IIRC) he was willing to pay tuition. Drawing a blank of the outcome though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom