Andrew Nembhard Official Visit | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Andrew Nembhard Official Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After the top 10-20 players, I take rankings with a 'grain of salt' but....
Hadn't checked 247's own rankings in quite awhile and didn't realize Nembhard was 5* for them.
FYI Nembhard listed at #23 vs Carey #57 Akinjo #128 Carrigan #131 Mathews Jr #197
Nembhard Composite is #31 with 5* only going to the top 11 players in the class.
At 6'4 he is also interesting as a compliment to our smaller guards.
Hadn't realized some observers had him at 5* and as high as #23.

C

Chief00

We are learning from the past we pushed kids back hoping to get a bigger fish and it has not worked well for us. New philosophy

Correct, that was part of the Blaze strategy. A by product of that is you may get lucky and then get plan A. We need to get over APR PTSD and be comfortable to have guys transfers out for not getting playing time. Calhoun was a master of that but the academic side of the house did not ensure they finished school clean. Most successful schools do that.

Reaction Score
I hope we lock down Nembhard this weekend. He and Carey are both excellent players but Nembhard just has this cerebral court awareness thing going for him. His passing is amazing and he makes it look easy. Really skilled with an all around complete game. More of a 1 guard team oriented player that is a really proficient scorer. Love to have this guy, I think he would complement any lineup.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Correct, that was part of the Blaze strategy. A by product of that is you may get lucky and then get plan A. We need to get over APR PTSD and be comfortable to have guys transfers out for not getting playing time. Calhoun was a master of that but the academic side of the house did not ensure they finished school clean. Most successful schools do that.
I think we should be focused on class schedules and campus tours personally

Reaction Score
Corey Evans of Rivals posted that he doubts this visit happens after Akinjo's commitment. He is going to check if the visit is still happening.

Reaction Score
Corey Evans of Rivals posted that he doubts this visit happens after Akinjo's commitment. He is going to check if the visit is still happening.

Well that's a buzz kill if true

Reaction Score
Not what I wanted to hear, so out on Nembhart and Carey now.

Reaction Score
Not what I wanted to hear, so out on Nembhart and Carey now.
It seems like we r the only program in America that when we have 3 guards on the roster it's a problem selling PT to recruits! It's insane we run 3 guards all the time and nothing about alterique screams reliable health-wise. Here's hoping that changes but risky

Reaction Score
It seems like we r the only program in America that when we have 3 guards on the roster it's a problem selling PT to recruits! It's insane we run 3 guards all the time and nothing about alterique screams reliable health-wise. Here's hoping that changes but risky
I don't understand it.

Jalen and Anderson will be gone. We absolutely need another guard for next year, Carey or Nembhart would be perfect for what we need.

C

Chief00

This is just all part of the negative recruiting being thrown at us - too many guys transferring or too many guys on team narrative - don't get hung up on it - it's all a game to get someone to go somewhere else.

Remember if we have 5 guards - playing a three guard lineup - the two dudes on the bench are backing up 3 guys. Lots of minutes then and more if we have injuries and fouls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Has anyone but Oz said we're out on Carey? That's the only mention I've seen
I don't know why people think we will get Carey and Nembhardt with a commitment from Akinjo, who wants to compete for playing time with Gilbert and Akinjo.
I think both of them are out but I still think KO will still recruit them

Reaction Score
I don't know why people think we will get Carey and Nembhardt with a commitment from Akinjo, who wants to compete for playing time with Gilbert and Akinjo.
I think both of them are out but I still think KO will still recruit them
Seriously? Because we will have only 3 guards on the whole team next year, two of which are 5'9-5-10. Nembhart or Carey would play a ton.

Reaction Score
Seriously? Because we will have only 3 guards on the whole team next year, two of which are 5'9-5-10. Nembhart or Carey would play a ton.

I understand what you're saying, but it's possible that Nembhard and/or Carey are looking for 30+ mpg. I don't see why that's impossible, especially if we run a lot of 3 guard sets, but I can see why either of them would have doubts about playing time on a team with Alterique/CV/Akinjo (good problem for us, for sure)

Reaction Score
This, Nembhart or Carey or any big guard would play plenty with those three guards on the team. Other teams have a lot of guards on their rosters also. This could all just be speculation by the beat writers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom