Andrew Luck Retires | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Andrew Luck Retires

Reaction Score
And if you booed Aaron Judge I'd have the same reaction that you're a bad guy
So ppl are “bad ppl” for booing now? I’m not into booing period. But a fan hypothetically booing Arron judge for quitting mid season doesn’t make them a “bad person”. Someone doesn’t always have to assume the moral high ground. It’s okay to not want the fans to boo but understand their frustration as well. They’re plenty of bad ppl out here doing heinous things. Someone booing at a sporting event isn’t equivalent

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
So ppl are “bad ppl” for booing now? I’m not into booing period. But a fan hypothetically booing Arron judge for quitting mid season doesn’t make them a “bad person”. Someone doesn’t always have to assume the moral high ground. It’s okay to not want the fans to boo but understand their frustration as well. They’re plenty of bad ppl out here doing heinous things. Someone booing at a sporting event isn’t equivalent

It's the United States of America. People can assume whatever high ground they want to.

Also, I'm pretty sure nobody equated those fans to people who go out in the world and do "heinous things." Just because someone isn't a literal criminal doesn't mean they aren't beyond criticism.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
There are no mob issues here sammy you're just on the other end of the majorities thinking. It's ok that you think he should have given this more thought for this year or figured it out at the end of last but you have been insufferable calling everyone nerds or soft because they disagree. Guessing there are people here that have had injuries like yours (you're not the only athlete on this board I promise) and some even like his but also pretty sure none have made the dollars he has and are given ample opportunity to stop playing the game they love in order to have a complete life for their family. You and Andrew are worlds apart and not trying to get away from the strongest, roided athletes on earth trying to get yo to the CTE center.

He made a smart move, timing may have been bad to some but yet another preseason of pain and not knowing how many games he'd play made it abrupt. Good for him.
Finally a sensible reply, I hear you Mau

Reaction Score
It's the United States of America. People can assume whatever high ground they want to.

Also, I'm pretty sure nobody equated those fans to people who go out in the world and do "heinous things." Just because someone isn't a literal criminal doesn't mean they aren't beyond criticism.
Ok....

My point was it doesn’t make them a “bad person”. I save that for ppl who do actual bad things. It’s tiring how in this society every time we disagree with someone we assume the position of attacking someone’s character. Someone booing at a game they paid damn good money to attend doesn’t make them a bad person.

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
Who should get the money that’s taken away away from the players?
Preferably, to the people.... it shouldn’t cost half a months rent or mortgage to go see a game with your kid. It’s ridiculous. You can’t do anything about the tv money but going to see a game should be afforded to everyone no matter their socio economic status.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Ok....

My point was it doesn’t make them a “bad person”. I save that for ppl who do actual bad things. It’s tiring how in this society every time we disagree with someone we assume the position of attacking someone’s character. Someone booing at a game they paid damn good money to attend doesn’t make them a bad person.

Sounds like you don't want people to criticize anyone else's character unless it meets your sky-high standard of being bad enough. That's not how society works.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Kids and young people are out their hurting each other and causing life long damage to their one and only body they will ever be given and we glorify it and praise them.

And...for what? For a sport? Hard to argue that's worth it. Some will, somehow, but they sound ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Someone booing a person who quits to prioritize themselves over sports, yes that's a bad person in my eyes. Maybe you don't agree, which is perfectly fine. Booing Aaron Judge at a sporting event I don't care about

Reaction Score
The nerds on this message board (not all of boneyard) are hilarious.

I’ve endured:
- Multiple concussions
- torn labrum
- torn pec
- tooth through cheek
- 4 reconstructive knee surgeries (acl, mcl, pcl)
- and ankle sprains galore

still graduated Summa cum laude and went to med school.

Football is a brotherhood, sure I can be a little insensitive, but you don’t quit on your brothers 2 weeks from the start of the season. You don’t think I had periods of doubt throughout all those injuries? The difference being he had a couple million to lean back on. But like a poster said earlier in the thread, it’s most likely a generational thing. Kids are just softer these days.

All in all, I still have no regrets, some of the best times of my life. Especially the hard times, showed me resilience, loyalty, and perseverance.

Imo, they pay these players way too much money.

Other than the torn pec and tooth in cheek I’ve had every single injury you stated above plus a torn labrum in each shoulder (no surgery) and my neck has been turned into rod shield with minimal disc space and spikes coming off of it. If you want to play that game, I’ve been there, but the fact you want to call other people nerds or soft despite al of your education that you claim to have is a huge part of the problem.
You remind me of some my old football coaches who used to call us “pu**ies” while spitting tobacco chew in our face and laughing at us while buzzed off a few drinks, watching us slam into each other for amusement.
It’s a toxic culture and I promise you that people like me, who no longer want to perpetuate this nonsense, are going to put an end to it. I’m very passionate about this and want the suffering to stop.
Every action has a reaction my friend. People are suffering as a result of what you call a “brotherhood” and are fed up bc when the rubber meets the road and CTE, mental impairment, severe physical symptoms start to take place, the “brotherhood” is nowhere to be found.

I have multiple friends whose lives went downhill after football. My younger brother had a friend who suffered multiple concussions (quarterback) and committed suicide in high school. His head football coach (my old coach) didn’t even make time to go to his funeral.

So much for “brotherhood”. When * hits the fan all you really have is family. And if you want to experience that you better be healthy. Bc if you have CTE by the time you are 50, you may not even get to experience the joys of that either.

Like I said, I’m here to help people. Not watch them hurt each other while i get drunk and laugh at them. As a medical practitioner, you should be here to help people too. It takes responsibility and owning up to your mistakes. You know the scientific and medical evidence stacks up against your cultural viewpoint, and if you want to keep acting like the evidence doesn’t exist or matter, I’m going to keep shoving it in your face until you admit the truth.
It is a toxic violent sport and the way it’s played needs to be completely reinvented.
I can’t wait to your toxic mindset on what makes a man tough is completely dead and buried. Lights a fire in me when I hear ppl like you talk the way you do. Bc it reminds me just how important this fight is so i can save future generations from having to experience such disgusting behavior.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Preferably, to the people.... it shouldn’t cost half a months rent or mortgage to go see a game with your kid. It’s ridiculous. You can’t do anything about the tv money but going to see a game should be afforded to everyone no matter their socio economic status.
2 cheap tickets to the Patriots with parking, 2 beers, 2 sodas, 2 hotdogs, peanuts, nachos plus a hat for your kid is $195. Even if you opted for standard tickets, premium parking and threw in a tshirt, it's $454. https://www.onlinegambling.com/nfl-football-gameday-calculator/

You must be a pretty crappy doctor if $454 is half your mortgage.

Reaction Score
So mental reasons are less legitimate than physical ones? I don't agree, especially in football. If you're not all-in mentally you're going to get hurt. And I just watched his announcement, he talked abut being in pain throughout.

I don’t know. I feel like there’s being injured and there’s being in pain. Everyone has to play with pain. Other than his shoulder injury I don’t see a lot where he’d deal with chronic pain in his injury list.

Drew Brees had shoulder surgery before he got to New Orleans. Frank Gore has blown his knees out multiple times. This is a calf/ankle issue. Doesn’t sit with me. Sorry.

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
Other than the torn pec and tooth in cheek I’ve had every single injury you stated above plus a torn labrum in each shoulder (no surgery) and my neck has been turned into rod shield with minimal disc space and spikes coming off of it. If you want to play that game, I’ve been there, but the fact you want to call other people nerds or soft despite al of your education that you claim to have is a huge part of the problem.
You remind me of some my old football coaches who used to call us “pu**ies” while spitting tobacco chew in our face and laughing at us while buzzed off a few drinks, watching us slam into each other for amusement.
It’s a toxic culture and I promise you that people like me, who no longer want to perpetuate this nonsense, are going to put an end to it. I’m very passionate about this and want the suffering to stop.
Every action has a reaction my friend. People are suffering as a result of what you call a “brotherhood” and are fed up bc when the rubber meets the road and CTE, mental impairment, severe physical symptoms start to take place, the “brotherhood” is nowhere to be found.

I have multiple friends whose lives went downhill after football. My younger brother had a friend who suffered multiple concussions (quarterback) and committed suicide in high school. His head football coach (my old coach) didn’t even make time to go to his funeral.

So much for “brotherhood”. When * hits the fan all you really have is family. And if you want to experience that you better be healthy. Bc if you have CTE by the time you are 50, you may not even get to experience the joys of that either.

Like I said, I’m here to help people. Not watch them hurt each other while i get drunk and laugh at them. As a medical practitioner, you should be here to help people too. It takes responsibility and owning up to your mistakes. You know the scientific and medical evidence stacks up against your cultural viewpoint, and if you want to keep acting like the evidence doesn’t exist or matter, I’m going to keep shoving it in your face until you admit the truth.
It is a toxic violent sport and the way it’s played needs to be completely reinvented.
I can’t wait to your toxic mindset on what makes a man tough is completely dead and buried. Lights a fire in me when I hear ppl like you talk the way you do. Bc it reminds me just how important this fight is so i can save future generations from having to experience such disgusting behavior.
Sorry you couldn’t hack it... it’s not made for everyone. Should have played tennis instead bro.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don’t know. I feel like there’s being injured and there’s being in pain. Everyone has to play with pain. Other than his shoulder injury I don’t see a lot where he’d deal with chronic pain in his injury list.

Drew Brees had shoulder surgery before he got to New Orleans. Frank Gore has blown his knees out multiple times. This is a calf/ankle issue. Doesn’t sit with me. Sorry.

weird when you have tens of millions of dollars you don’t HAVE to do squadoosh.

doesn’t sit with a guy trying to raise funds for a restaurant on a college sports message board.

L-O-L

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
2 cheap tickets to the Patriots with parking, 2 beers, 2 sodas, 2 hotdogs, peanuts, nachos plus a hat for your kid is $195. Even if you opted for standard tickets, premium parking and threw in a tshirt, it's $454. https://www.onlinegambling.com/nfl-football-gameday-calculator/

Wasn’t talking about myself, but there’s those of us out there who’s not as fortunate.

Reaction Score

He's clearly a really tough guy. Going on a message board to talk about how tough you are and how soft others are is the true sign of a tough person.

Reaction Score
weird when you have tens of millions of dollars you don’t HAVE to do squadoosh.

doesn’t sit with a guy trying to raise funds for a restaurant on a college sports message board.

L-O-L

Not sure why you think you are the authority here, when Luck's retirement is probably the most shocking announcement for a) an NFL player this young and b) a player this good. Robert Smith coming off a 1,500 yd season is the only comparison. It happened 2 weeks before the start of the season and kills his franchise. It's definitely worth discussing.

But you know everything. About everything.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not sure why you think you are the authority here, when Luck's retirement is probably the most shocking announcement for a) an NFL player this young and b) a player this good. Robert Smith coming off a 1,500 yd season is the only comparison. It happened 2 weeks before the start of the season and kills his franchise. It's definitely worth discussing.

But you know everything. About everything.

lol i know when you have generational money and don’t like your job you don’t have to keep doing it.

hold on let me let 300 lb freaks of nature cripple me because it doesnt sit right with a guy reduced to raising capital for the world’s worst investment on a college sports message board.

Reaction Score

Bringing a family is usually 4 people. 2 parents and 2 kids so double your prices.

$390 and $908

Sporting events are becoming unaffordable for the average family especially when you can watch it at home with HD. You didn't even add in beer prices

Reaction Score
Sorry you couldn’t hack it... it’s not made for everyone. Should have played tennis instead bro.
The sad irony is I prob would have knocked you on your butt and ran circles around you..don’t believe me? Ask my friend Johnny Hekker, he was my quarterback and now a pro bowl punter for the Rams. He threw me TD passes and watched me play defense. Or you can ask one of my buddies who tried out for the Seahawks and played under Chris Peterson for UW.

But now you are just insulting me and being a troll bc you really have no legitimate response since you know the truth..

But sure.. if i could go back and save my body and play tennis, I prob would.

And I recommend that others do the same, and not listen to “tough guys” like you.

The worse part is kids listen to bullies like you but I will vow to be the voice in their ear telling them they don’t have to do it.
They don’t have to be intimidated into playing a sport that harms them just to live up to some “tough guy” made up standards that come from adults like you.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Bringing a family is usually 4 people. 2 parents and 2 kids so double your prices.

$390 and $908

Sporting events are becoming unaffordable for the average family especially when you can watch it at home with HD. You didn't even add in beer prices

sporting events have been ‘unaffordable’ for families for decades.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score

$390 and $908

I get that - but he said 'can't bring your kid to a game.' and I did add in 2 beers, sodas, dogs, hat, etc. Mostly I just felt like piling on for an amazingly out of touch person.

I agree that most 'entertainment' for families is getting ridiculous and I don't understand how prices keep going up. Disneyland is the one that gets me - they cost $149/day and on weekends the park is packed with hour plus long wait times for better rides. They do give a whopping $8 break for kids 3 to 9. I don't get how most regular people can even think about taking a family there. That family of 4 is over $600 with parking just to get into the park.

Skiing is the other one that gets me - at least $150/person with rental equipment and who skis for only one day after making that commitment plus the cost of food and all the gear you need.

Glad I don't have to deal with any of that and can just focus on retiring soon!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

If I wanted to blow $454 on 3 hours of entertainment, I'd cozy up to the sushi bar at Masa.

I can't eat amazing sushi through my TV.

Reaction Score
lol i know when you have generational money and don’t like your job you don’t have to keep doing it.

hold on let me let 300 lb freaks of nature cripple me because it doesnt sit right with a guy reduced to raising capital for the world’s worst investment on a college sports message board.
Wait, you're not investing in the pizzeria???

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom