Andrew Luck Retires | The Boneyard

Andrew Luck Retires

Reaction Score
Wow, I actually ran downstairs when I saw this pop up on the ESPN bottom line during the Miami-Florida game on right now.

He just collected 12 million in roster bonuses in march. He's leaving 58.1 million on the table by retiring now.

One of the nicest people you'll see. He's just goofy, which is awesome to see at that level. Hopefully this gives him some peace and lets his body recover. I'm from Boston originally, so I am naturally a Pats fan. Pats-Colts was as good as it got, and that animosity still exists, however I'm rooting for him all the way. Good luck to him in whatever he does next.

Also, OJ just drafted him in his fantasy league LOL

Reaction Score
3BA20939-4165-40A5-9232-7CA2C3DF0DC7.png

The ratio on this tweet is insane

Reaction Score
Wow. Too bad, if healthy, he would have broken a lot of records. I'm guessing he'll get a lot of calls for coordinator positions and maybe coach soon enough. Good guy, great player. Good luck to Mr Luck

Reaction Score
Wow, I actually ran downstairs when I saw this pop up on the ESPN bottom line during the Miami-Florida game on right now.

He just collected 12 million in roster bonuses in march. He's leaving 58.1 million on the table by retiring now.

One of the nicest people you'll see. He's just goofy, which is awesome to see at that level. Hopefully this gives him some peace and lets his body recover. I'm from Boston originally, so I am naturally a Pats fan. Pats-Colts was as good as it got, and that animosity still exists, however I'm rooting for him all the way. Good luck to him in whatever he does next.

At least he didn't add any knife emojis to that tweet

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I dont blame indy fans booing him at all. You are poised for a season you are a SB contender...then your best player decides to quit 2 weeks before the season. Because its "too hard". Boooo

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Can't say I blame Indy fans, he waited all the way to the start of the season to make this franchise altering decision. But it's not like you can blame him.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Retiring from "NFL" and his dad is the Goodell of the XFL. Andrew Luck to the St Louis Battlehawks is my drunken conspiracy
Brilliant!!!!!!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Karma. Almost makes up for killing your ex-wife and a random waiter. Almost.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
I dont blame indy fans booing him at all. You are poised for a season you are a SB contender...then your best player decides to quit 2 weeks before the season. Because its "too hard". Boooo
This guy got injured every year. Was he ever 100% during his career. Plus, providing him with at least a division 2 offensive line during his career should’ve been a priority when he was drafted but it never happened. Football is a brutal sport. Guys are starting to walk away. It’s gonna happen more often. The man can’t go NO MO!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can't say I blame Indy fans, he waited all the way to the start of the season to make this franchise altering decision. But it's not like you can blame him.

They were already planning to not have him for the season. There were questions if he would ever play again

Reaction Score
This guy got injured every year. Was he ever 100% during his career. Plus, providing him with at least a division 2 offensive line during his career should’ve been a priority when he was drafted but it never happened. Football is a brutal sport. Guys are starting to walk away. It’s gonna happen more often. The man can’t go NO MO!!!!!!

I agree with most of this but the whole bit about his offensive line is off. Indy fans repeat it a lot but the Colts drafted 9 guys in the early rounds during his tenure.

That's a lot.

He had a tendency to hold the ball way too long.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Gotta agree with Gottlieb

This whole younger generation is so damn soft. “My ankle hurts, the mental stress is too much” please... Ronnie Lott got his finger tore off mid game, taped up the nub and went back out on the field. Plus you can’t even breathe on QB today without a flag.... We are witnessing the steady progression of the emasculated male. Either that or we’re give these players too much money. My mind is blown. He def deserved some of those boos.

Rant over

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom