Andre Jackson Testing the NBA Draft Waters: ESPN | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson Testing the NBA Draft Waters: ESPN

Reaction Score
Awesome for Andre for chasing his dreams and great for keeping the newest UConn NBA pipeline going and keeping our team in the news.

That’s possibly 3 players drafted this year !

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Really want him to get a first round pick. Love him as a person. Love him for what he did for the program on and off the court. Two first round picks would be great for UConn.

If he finds out he's not a first rounder his return to UConn will be important to help with the development of the freshman class in addition to what he brings to the starting lineup.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Wooden’s UCLA would have had a problem repeating in todays world. Jabbar, Walton etc gone after a yea or two. Others gone after 3. Obviously the players do what makes sense for them, but having the guts of a championship team gone before completing eligibility to be replaced by even talented freshmen and a decent but not star transfer is expecting an awful lot of the next year team. Good luck to AJ whatever he does.

Reaction Score
Already thought before the season that Hawkins, Sanogo and Jackson were leaving. So I will put in my mind he’s leaving. We need more guys in the NBA and he won us a national championship best of luck.

Reaction Score
His athleticism is already 1st round quality.. Even top 10-15 level .. He'll kill it in the pre-draft setting on that alone.. The worst that happens is that he gets a blueprint from the feedback to position himself for a big pay day in 2024 and he comes back to fine tune some things.. The best that happens is he gets some guaranteed first round money takers and can work on any skill deficiencies at the next level..

Always thinking the OKC organization with their UConn connections at HC can be/could be an outlier willing to go with first round money.. Time will tell.. Tear it up Andre.. Good luck..

Reaction Score
So would say picture is starting to get clearer on next year, castle/newton/timberlake/karaban/clingan could be starting lineup with ball and stewart off the bench on the perimeter. Then at big man we have johnson and singare in reserve, would be nice to add another big boy in case singare and johnson dont have the juice. As sad as I will be to see jackson leave, I actually think timberlake may be a better fit in that starting lineup, will have plenty of playmaking and adding a bit more shooting could be good.

Reaction Score
I still can't see him being guaranteed a first round since he is a such a bad shooter, also can't create his own shot, and the game has evolved to where that is a hard thing to overcome but if anyone can it would be AJ with his skillset. He is doing the smart thing testing it out. It would be foolish if he didn't as he was showing in some mock drafts in the first round after the tournament.
Just can’t see how he’s a lock 1st rounder with that shot. Get how amazing all his other attributes are, but NBA is a put the ball in the basket proposition and he just doesn’t do that.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
He’s going to open a lot of eyes at the combine scrimmages. Best of luck Andre, and UConn nation will support whatever decision you make!
Yup. He will dominate. His motor is unrivaled.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So to be clear, Jackson is gone next year…
Unless he isn’t. :rolleyes:

I actually am pretty confident that someone will pick him up give him his incredible athleticism and selfless personality. This is a case of workouts being his friend. As impressive as the kid is on television, in person, is athleticism is jaw-dropping. It’s a smart move, though, to keep his options open.

I genuinely wish him all the best. He is a terrific kid, who absolutely “bleeds blue.”

Reaction Score
I know some here seem to think he won't get a guarantee - and you may be right. But I can see a team taking him in the late first round. He's a tremendous athlete, tremendous passer and tremendous defender. That provides value.

I'm still hoping he returns. He has other areas where he can vastly improve. He'll never be a great shooter, but he can start scoring around the rim more and creating for himself. I think he can play himself into the lottery next season.

Reaction Score
Doing it this way also covers Hurley in the sense that he can ultimately leave it to other people to tell Andre to come back or not.

Reaction Score
Just seems like the kind of guy who kills it during the pre-draft process. I'm sure some team picking at the end of the first round will fall in love with him.
Athletically and as a person he'll for sure kill it but he's the type of player you really see his value during games as a connector. Making the right read, doing something instinctually and athletically that nobody else can do. The question is does a team love his film, athleticism, and him as a person enough to overlook his deficiencies which will most likely show in the individual and three on three workouts.

It seems like one of those situations where whatever happens benefits Andre and UConn.

Reaction Score
Watched the Sun/Clippers the other night. And Westbrook reminded me of Dre. All over the court with elite athleticism, tremendous energy, high level defender, incredible passer, tough rebounder, but RW had a really tough night shooting (3-19) and the Suns left him uncovered at the arc. His line was very DRE-like. 9 pts, 11 boards, 8 assists. His team won.

Westbrook is 6-3, 200 to AJ's 6-6, 210. You might find this series an interesting watch.
Despite a bad shooting night, RW is light years ahead in shooting. I hope I’m wrong, but Dre will have problems getting his shot off In the nba. Maybe he changes his technique over the summer.

Reaction Score
Despite a bad shooting night, RW is light years ahead in shooting. I hope I’m wrong, but Dre will have problems getting his shot off In the nba. Maybe he changes his technique over the summer.
He is not light years ahead of him as a shooter. Russ is literally the worst 3pt shooter in NBA history with a minimum of 3000 attempts, and he’s kind of progressively getting worse.

Reaction Score
2nd rounders can still get guaranteed contracts. from last year's draft:

31. Indiana Pacers: Andrew Nembhard, G, Gonzaga: Signed
  • Four-year, $8,583,166 contract. First three years guaranteed. Fourth-year team option
32. Orlando Magic: Caleb Houstan, F, Michigan: Signed
  • Four-year, $8,207,150 contract. First two years guaranteed. Third year non-guaranteed. Fourth-year team option.
33. Toronto Raptors: Christian Koloko, F/C, Arizona: Signed
  • Three-year, $5,239,563 contract. First two years guaranteed. Third year non-guaranteed.
34. Oklahoma City Thunder: Jaylin Williams, C, Arkansas: Signed
  • Four-year, $8,207,150 contract. First two years guaranteed. Third year non-guaranteed. Fourth-year team option.
35. Los Angeles Lakers: Max Christie, G, Michigan State: Signed
  • Two-year, minimum-salary contract. Fully guaranteed.
37. Dallas Mavericks: Jaden Hardy, G, G League Ignite: Signed
  • Three-year, minimum-salary contract. First two years guaranteed. Third year partially guaranteed.
38. Memphis Grizzlies: Kennedy Chandler, G, Tennessee: Signed
  • Four-year, $7,127,014 contract. First three years guaranteed. Fourth-year team option.
44. Golden State Warriors: Ryan Rollins, G, Toledo: Signed
  • Three-year, minimum-salary contract. First two years guaranteed. Third year partially guaranteed.
45. Minnesota Timberwolves: Josh Minott, F, Memphis: Signed
  • Four-year, minimum-salary contract. First two years guaranteed. Third year non-guaranteed. Fourth-year team option.
57. Portland Trail Blazers: Jabari Walker, F, Colorado: Signed
  • Three-year, minimum-salary contract. First year guaranteed. Second year partially guaranteed. Third year non-guaranteed.

Reaction Score
Would be malpractice to not at least see if he’ll be a first rounder
he goes if he is a second rounder. Second round picks are much more valuable these days with Two way contracts. And, to sign second rounders you don’t need cap space or an exception anymore.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Can't blame him for trying the waters at all. It is best for him to hear the blunt truth at what, if anything, he needs to work on.
Watched the Sun/Clippers the other night. And Westbrook reminded me of Dre.
Wow - not the young Westbrook for sure and not even the current Westbrook - just not the same type player. Not the same body type, handle, ball control. Westbrook is not an efficient 3 pt shooter but is streaky, his release is hard to block and can shoot in tight spaces.
He will play basketball somewhere for money - better yet, he should consider being a WR in football.
He's a great young man and things will work out for him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom