Andre Jackson returning for 2 seasons | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson returning for 2 seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Awesome he’s not joking is he, guys have said they will be back only to change their mind.

Reaction Score
I wonder if the NIL money is a big part of this decision. If he can get close or make up for any income he'd make overseas, there's no reason to leave.

That being said, we need to relentlessly recruit shooters. Next year, we may have only 1 40%ish shooter on the team that sees minutes (Karaban). Castle, Stewart, Ball are all streaky and low 30s. Ross is probably not playing.... spacing will be a concern.

Reaction Score
I wonder if the NIL money is a big part of this decision. If he can get close or make up for any income he'd make overseas, there's no reason to leave.

That being said, we need to relentlessly recruit shooters. Next year, we may have only 1 40%ish shooter on the team that sees minutes (Karaban). Castle, Stewart, Ball are all streaky and low 30s. Ross is probably not playing.... spacing will be a concern.
Next year’s team will look very similar to this year’s Purdue.

Reaction Score

I think you're underestimating Ross. It seems he is beginning to add muscle and confidence to his thin frame. A year from now, think he's playing.

Reaction Score
Obviously, Andre coming back improves the outlook greatly. On paper, that looks like a starting five of Clingan, Karaban, Jackson, Alleyne and Castle. With a bench of Diarra, hopefully Johnson and the other frosh. If Castle is who many hope he is, that’s a heck of a starting five.

Reaction Score
Obviously, Andre coming back improves the outlook greatly. On paper, that looks like a starting five of Clingan, Karaban, Jackson, Alleyne and Castle. With a bench of Diarra, hopefully Johnson and the other frosh. If Castle is who many hope he is, that’s a heck of a starting five.
Love that line up.

Reaction Score

I don't know man. There's 1 shooter on the floor unless Castle improves substantially or Alleyne stops being the streaky shooter he's been for 3 years now. Both those guys feel like closer to 30-33% shooters than 40% shooters.

I want to love that size, versatility and defense... but the most important skill in the game is shooting.

Reaction Score
I think you're underestimating Ross. It seems he is beginning to add muscle and confidence to his thin frame. A year from now, think he's playing.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I haven't seen what you're describing on the court. Needs a year of S&C to hold up on defense. 6'8 and 180 isn't going to cut it.

That being said... shooting is shooting and we need it badly. That might be his ticket to PT

Reaction Score
Nice to have Andre on board for next year.. Another summer of skill development will help him.. Will be interesting to see who remains from this year's roster to combine with Fab 5..

But first.. Got some business to take care of in Philly and at MSG.. Then the real fun begins.. These guys haven't even peaked yet..

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
Alleyne is coming back?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'd love to be proven wrong, but I haven't seen what you're describing on the court. Needs a year of S&C to hold up on defense. 6'8 and 180 isn't going to cut it.

That being said... shooting is shooting and we need it badly. That might be his ticket to PT
I don’t think he’s 180 anymore, he’s been adding muscle since his commitment. He should get up to 200 by seasons start. Doesn’t mean he’ll play obviously.
I’m treating Alleyne as if he’s gone. Celebrated senior night, instagram post from the team said it was their last ride or something to that effect. Hope he does take it though.

Reaction Score
I doubt Jackson means two years. Just another way of saying he will be back next year. He will hone in his skills and declare for the draft next year. Jackson is not going anywhere but the NBA. Every skill he lacks can be worked on. His athletics is off the charts and he already knows how to use that.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I doubt Jackson means two years. Just another way of saying he will be back next year. He will hone in his skills and declare for the draft next year. Jackson is not going anywhere but the NBA. Every skill he lacks can be worked on. His athletics is off the charts and he already knows how to use that.
His wording seems intentional imo. He coulda said “I got another year to do it,” but he intentionally said “I have 2 years.” You never know though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom