Andre Jackson returning for 2 seasons | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson returning for 2 seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
NIL yes but I also would add in that he might look forward to mentoring and playing with next years incoming. Andre may be looking at a coaching career
interesting thought. I never thought of it like that, but you might be onto something. You know who else I could see becoming a head coach? Oso Iguadharo of Marquette. He is a very high IQ player and does as much directing in Marquette's offense as Tyler Kolek and he does all the directing on defense. There are times in their huddle he does all the talking and Shaka Smart won't say anything.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He knows he has two years, doesn't mean he's coming back for both. I think there's a pretty good chance he stays for next year, but nearly no chance he stays for two.
I didn't think he had more than one year of eligibility. Forgot that it started from his freshman year on.

Reaction Score
On3 and (247) composite rankings...

Castle: 8 (10)
Ball: 51 (44)
Stewart: 66 (64)
Ross: 102 (124)
Singare: 139 (132)

Castle is obviously an immediate contributor. Solo is due for a rankings bump and I think he gets great minutes.

Stewart will probably back up Karaban. It will be a HUGE playing style adjustment for him, so it's hard to say what he'll accomplish.

I don't think Ross or Singare will do much. Ross may just because he's a great shooter and we're short 2 shooters to reach our ceiling right now.
Not sure how old those ratings are but I thought Castle was around 12, Ball in the 40’s and maybe Ross around 60ish.

Reaction Score
I think so too but it looks like Hurley is giving Castle the keys and we can expect Jackson to start alongside him. Jackson is great pushing it, passing, and handles well but as we've all seen he's much better when we have him near the hoop with Karaban on the perimeter. Castle, Jackson, a stud shooting transfer, Karaban, and Clingan does sound like a filthy starting 5.
If we have a spot and really need a shooter Primo Spears is the one (and a local kid) :)

Reaction Score
Why do I keep seeing people post as if Sanogo won't be with UConn next year. Did I miss something?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Doesn’t Newton have his Covid year still? He is a decent shooter and PG.
He does. Everyone on the team except Joey could come back from an eligibility perspective.

I don't know where speculation about who may stop playing ball is handled with regard to the board rule on speculating on transfers out. With 5 coming in, obviously 4 aside from Joey won't be back.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
It's what he said, but that doesn't mean he's locked in for two more years. I feel pretty comfortable saying he'll be back next year though. After that, we'll see.
Going way back here…
I remember a pre-season interview with donyell Marshall and Calhoun his junior year. He said to coach, I’m coming back for my senior year. Calhoun said something to the effect we will see about that.
I think Jackson is going to stay till he decides he isn’t.

Reaction Score
It's what he said, but that doesn't mean he's locked in for two more years. I feel pretty comfortable saying he'll be back next year though. After that, we'll see.

I don't see Jackson making the NBA. He lacks the biggest skill you need shooting. Nice kid and works his ass off and proud he is on the team but even he realizes he is G-league or Euro at best so why not keep enjoying UCONN with good NIL agreements.
Completely agree. Show me a 6" 6"" guy in the NBA who can't shoot (maybe Ben Simmons is the best example at 6" 9", but how did that work out for Ben). No doubt that he has some NBA level talent but unless you are 6'10 or taller you have to be able to shoot in the NBA. Not that he doesn't have time to work on his shot, but it would be rare to see someone of his age make that transformation successfully. It not like he needs a tweak; he needs a complete rebuild with a shooting coach - I hope he can do it.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Completely agree. Show me a 6" 6"" guy in the NBA who can't shoot (maybe Ben Simmons is the best example at 6" 9", but how did that work out for Ben). No doubt that he has some NBA level talent but unless you are 6'10 or taller you have to be able to shoot in the NBA. Not that he doesn't have time to work on his shot, but it would be rare to see someone of his age make that transformation successfully. It not like he needs a tweak; he needs a complete rebuild with a shooting coach - I hope he can do it.

I agree with this when it comes to him leaving early, which is why I expect him back next year. That being said, after next season he'll have graduated. I wouldn't be surprised if he left to either try to make the NBA and play in the G-League, or go straight to Europe.

Reaction Score
In the NBA, the lanes will be more open for his amazing dunks. Forget shooting.
Very true, the NBA style pre-playoff is showtime/entertainment. He has a high motor and gives 110%. We'll see what happens, but I'm pleased to hear him say he is a committed Husky.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Bruce Brown, Isaac Okoro, Scottie Barnes are some examples.

With Andre’s skillset and his motor I think he can carve out a role as a skill player. If he can become an above average finisher at the rim I can see an NBA team letting him develop his jumpshot while being an off the bench do it all energy guy. He has great intangibles.

Reaction Score
The combination of transfer portal (immediate eleigbility), the extra COVID year, and NIL money has created an interesting situation for borderline pro players. The option of euro ball to make some money is certainly delayed a year or two with extra eligibility and the chance of cashing in on NIL money. I think of players like Jackson, Girard at Syracuse and many others who have become familiar to fans by staying for several years. That familiarity leads to NIL options and keeps them around. The question is whether the coaches want to keep these players around.

This leads to the portal and how it works both ways. Yes, it is easier for a disgruntled player to move on and play elsewhere. However, it is also much easier for a coach to tell players their scholorship is no longer available as the coach is not forcing a player to sit out a year as a transfer. Hurley gets a strong 5 player recruiting class and knows that if all eligible players stay UConn will be well over the scholarship limit. Hurley essentially has to cut players who can then move into the portal. Makes for an interesting off-season

Reaction Score
Why do I keep seeing people post as if Sanogo won't be with UConn next year. Did I miss something?
reality? as an international student he cant make as much with NIL. he would make a very respectable salary playing overseas or in the G-league if he's not drafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom