Andre Jackson returning for 2 seasons | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson returning for 2 seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I doubt Jackson means two years. Just another way of saying he will be back next year. He will hone in his skills and declare for the draft next year. Jackson is not going anywhere but the NBA. Every skill he lacks can be worked on. His athletics is off the charts and he already knows how to use that.

It's what he said, but that doesn't mean he's locked in for two more years. I feel pretty comfortable saying he'll be back next year though. After that, we'll see.

Reaction Score
He knows he has two years, doesn't mean he's coming back for both. I think there's a pretty good chance he stays for next year, but nearly no chance he stays for two.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
His wording seems intentional imo. He coulda said “I got another year to do it,” but he intentionally said “I have 2 years.” You never know though.

Underclassmen have been saying this kind of thing for a long time, and they almost always go into the draft the same year. Caron Butler wanted to come back, I remember Calhoun basically had to force him to declare because he was a projected lottery pick.

Reaction Score
I don't see Andre as an nba prospect anymore and it isn't because of his 3 point shot. It's because for some reason he can't consistently get to the hoop to finish and draw fouls, which would be the way for him to make the league without a good jumpshot.

If he really wants to come back, that will be amazing. Coming back for 2 years isn't happening though.

Reaction Score
I don't see Andre as an nba prospect anymore and it isn't because of his 3 point shot. It's because for some reason he can't consistently get to the hoop to finish and draw fouls, which would be the way for him to make the league without a good jumpshot.

If he really wants to come back, that will be amazing. Coming back for 2 years isn't happening though.
The timing of your post is interesting in light of the fact that recently he has been going to the basket much more. Perhaps he becomes really good at it next season.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Underclassmen have been saying this kind of thing for a long time, and they almost always go into the draft the same year. Caron Butler wanted to come back, I remember Calhoun basically had to force him to declare because he was a projected lottery pick.
Andre doesn’t have NBA money waiting for him though. They aren’t comparable situations.

Reaction Score
I’m treating Alleyne as if he’s gone. Celebrated senior night, instagram post from the team said it was their last ride or something to that effect. Hope he does take it though.

Starting-caliber SG who is a lights out shooter from the portal instead of Alleyne. We have enough size, rebounding, athleticism and passing that we don't need to worry about those so much. Find some guy who's a lights out shooter from a <.500 P5 school that wants a shot at Final Four. There are PLENTY of guys like that available.

AJ Storr is one that comes to mind if he leaves SJU.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Starting-caliber SG who is a lights out shooter from the portal instead of Alleyne. We have enough size, rebounding, athleticism and passing that we don't need to worry about those so much. Find some guy who's a lights out shooter from a <.500 P5 school that wants a shot at Final Four. There are PLENTY of guys like that available.

AJ Storr is one that comes to mind if he leaves SJU.
I’m the captain of the AJ Storr ship. It just makes to much sense.

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
I’m the captain of the AJ Storr ship. It just makes to much sense.

I think he would have been with Karaban at IMG for the 6 months he was there. Karaban never ended up playing there, but maybe a positive. Storr has also played all over the country in HS (Arizona, Florida, now NY for college), so I don't think being away from home would be too much of a factor.

Reaction Score
I don’t want to come across as condescending, but barring injury Jackson will have a fine NBA career. I think some get stuck with what they can’t see today could not get better. The word of the day is “development”. He has huge potential and could be drafted this year just on that. Jackson had a great developmental year and he will continue to develop. The sky is the limit with this young man.

Reaction Score
I doubt Jackson means two years. Just another way of saying he will be back next year. He will hone in his skills and declare for the draft next year. Jackson is not going anywhere but the NBA. Every skill he lacks can be worked on. His athletics is off the charts and he already knows how to use that.
If it was a one time comment I can see that. But this is not the first time he's made a comment like this. I'll have to try and find the article but there was a comment from a weeks ago talking about Jackson staying for his full eligibility. Glossed over it at the time but now it's come up multiple times

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I don’t want to come across as condescending, but barring injury Jackson will have a fine NBA career. I think some get stuck with what they can’t see today could not get better. The word of the day is “development”. He has huge potential and could be drafted this year just on that. Jackson had a great developmental year and he will continue to develop. The sky is the limit with this young man.
He’s had 3 years to develop role player level offense. I think we all know what he is at this point, a very good college player.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
He’s had 3 years to develop role player level offense. I think we all know what he is at this point, a very good college player.
In his defense, this is the first year he’s been asked to do much offensively outside of being essentially a 3 and D guy. We’ve really seen him grow figuring out how to best attack on offense.

Reaction Score
I think only 2 players who have used thier eligibility is joey c and newton. Newton might have one more Covid year tho

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Andre doesn’t have NBA money waiting for him though. They aren’t comparable situations.

I get that, but my point is at this point of the year the player is always going to have the mindset that they'll be back. Andre could come in next year and have a much better jump shot and put up a huge season; at that point, he wouldn't say "I want to try to go get drafted, but I said in a postgame interview last year that I was staying two more years, so I guess I have no choice but to come back."

Reaction Score
Obviously, Andre coming back improves the outlook greatly. On paper, that looks like a starting five of Clingan, Karaban, Jackson, Alleyne and Castle. With a bench of Diarra, hopefully Johnson and the other frosh. If Castle is who many hope he is, that’s a heck of a starting five.
Is the assumption at this point Adama leaves?

Reaction Score
I thought the opportunity for him and Castle to play together was part of both of them coming here. But if I'm misremembering, my bad.
The two families are close, I think that did play into his decision and I believe it was the initial plan. I could definitely see Nahiem staying another year and thriving with a year of BE experience under his belt.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Andre for 2 more years...

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

Reaction Score
That being said, we need to relentlessly recruit shooters. Next year, we may have only 1 40%ish shooter on the team that sees minutes (Karaban). Castle, Stewart, Ball are all streaky and low 30s. Ross is probably not playing.... spacing will be a concern.
we have good shooters this year but no penetrators. next year is looking like the exact opposite. some balance would be nice.

Reaction Score
I think only 2 players who have used thier eligibility is joey c and newton. Newton might have one more Covid year tho
Newton has a Covid year still if he chooses

Reaction Score
my heart says hallelujah for 2years of Andre,
But my head tells me that he will be gone after next year. He will works his tail off to add offensive game to his repertoire, and get on the express bus to NBA. Age will work against him if he ever wants to play in the league. Regardless, we are blessed to have you as Husky l!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom