andre jackson. buy stock now. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

andre jackson. buy stock now.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I think I've lost track of where this thread is going. But if anyone's saying yeah....he's not that great, get it together, . Forget about the otherworldly springs...he brings great energy, I think his defense will be killer next year (which is huge on a Hurley team), and I'd happily watch and re-watch a vid of nothing but his passes from this season. (Some numbnuts here suggested a while back that he needs to put more zip into them.)

Reaction Score
In regards to AJ, it's just going to come down to if he can score from outside of the paint. I've been wanting him to shoot more when he is wide open and gets a pass. You can tell he has little confidence from outside. When Hurley has his end of season sit down with him, he should say "Dre, what I want you do this summer is shoot. Then shoot some more and when your down shooting set up at the 3 drive 2 hard steps inside the arc and pull up and shoot."

He has a special combination of athleticism and instinct. It will all come down if he can turn it into ability. If he does, man, the sky is the limit for him and we'll enjoy watching him soar through it over and over. I read the comps to Burrell, but remember, Burrell turned himself into a pretty darn good 3pt option for the team and developing that shot is why he became a solid viable option in the NBA for a few years.

Reaction Score
In regards to AJ, it's just going to come down to if he can score from outside of the paint. I've been wanting him to shoot more when he is wide open and gets a pass. You can tell he has little confidence from outside. When Hurley has his end of season sit down with him, he should say "Dre, what I want you do this summer is shoot. Then shoot some more and when your down shooting set up at the 3 drive 2 hard steps inside the arc and pull up and shoot."

He has a special combination of athleticism and instinct. It will all come down if he can turn it into ability. If he does, man, the sky is the limit for him and we'll enjoy watching him soar through it over and over. I read the comps to Burrell, but remember, Burrell turned himself into a pretty darn good 3pt option for the team and developing that shot is why he became a solid viable option in the NBA for a few years.

He has no confidence shooting the rock because he hasn't earned it. If he takes a 3 in this tournament other than wide open at the end of the shot clock, there is a problem. He's 2/16 from deep this year--that's abysmal.

He also isn't scoring inside the paint either, though outside of lobs and that one baseline drive floater he had. He isn't driving with the intent to score at the rim much at all.

If I'm coach this summer I'm coaching him to

1) straight line drive.
2) catch and shoot 3--he needs to retool his form pretty significantly so it will take time.

Reaction Score
I hope all the AJ hype on this board is rewarded someday. Would love to see him actually impact a game.

Reaction Score
You have no clue what you're watching.
Maybe. What game was it that he took over? Whaley had his games. Martin did. Sanogo did. Maybe you can share the clue I've missed.

Look, I love AJs skills as much as anyone. But scoring matters. Can't be a star unless you can score and this board talks him up as if he's already a star.

AJ is a great passer, a good rebounder, and has a decent handle for someone his size. But he doesn't yet put points on the board. That's not a small thing to ignore.

Reaction Score
Maybe. What game was it that he took over? Whaley had his games. Martin did. Sanogo did. Maybe you can share the clue I've missed.

Look, I love AJs skills as much as anyone. But scoring matters. Can't be a star unless you can score and this board talks him up as if he's already a star.

AJ is a great passer, a good rebounder, and has a decent handle for someone his size. But he doesn't yet put points on the board. That's not a small thing to ignore.
I hope all the AJ hype on this board is rewarded someday. Would love to see him actually impact a game.
You said you would love to see him actually impact a game. I've seen him impact pretty much every game he's played. It takes a pretty talented guy to do that without scoring.

Reaction Score

One person calls you on it and you move the goal post from positive impact to take over a game...

Reaction Score

Impact the game =/= to take over a game. If you asked us if he'd taken over a game yet, I don't think anyone but the most homerist or homers would have argued with you. He hasn't taken over a game. His passing, rebound, and his defense when he's locked in have obviously impacted the game.

Reaction Score
One person calls you on it and you move the goal post from positive impact to take over a game...
Ok , maybe it's just a semantics thing. For me, impacting a game means taking it over, being the reason the team won.

If we're talking making some big plays as impacting the game, then sure I can agree that he's done that.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You have no clue what you're watching.

Agreed. He is always impactful. His D, rebounding, interference in passing lanes, his passing he is somebody the other team can’t really account for. He also makes mistakes. But to say he isn’t impactful is absurd.

Reaction Score
He has no confidence shooting the rock because he hasn't earned it. If he takes a 3 in this tournament other than wide open at the end of the shot clock, there is a problem. He's 2/16 from deep this year--that's abysmal.

He also isn't scoring inside the paint either, though outside of lobs and that one baseline drive floater he had. He isn't driving with the intent to score at the rim much at all.

If I'm coach this summer I'm coaching him to

1) straight line drive.
2) catch and shoot 3--he needs to retool his form pretty significantly so it will take time.
So the question is: Will he shoot jumpers in an empty gym for hours at a time? Walter Ray wants to know

Reaction Score
AJ kinda reminds me of Ben simmons. Very oversized PG with superb court vision and a terrible outside shot

Reaction Score
If I could dunk like that, I wouldn't want to practice other stuff either.

Reaction Score

he has to stop fouling when he doesn't have to, but he is so damn fun to watch.

Anyone else bothered by his lack of a jump shot? I don't think he has hit rim yet on a three pointer.

Reaction Score
AJ kinda reminds me of Ben simmons. Very oversized PG with superb court vision and a terrible outside shot
Ben Simmons was the National Player of the Year his freshman year and the # 1 pick of the draft. For someone who couldn't shoot, he still managed to score 19ppg. because of his ability to score around the basket.

Jackson may never become a very good shooter but he doesn't have to be to become a great player. I would expect his outside shot to get better but he needs to be a threat offensively by driving to the hoop and becoming a finisher from 10' and in.

His court vision, passing and handle for a 6'7" player is tremendous and fun to watch but he's extremely raw. He's only going to get better but it's going to take time.

Reaction Score
For anyone that thinks he doesn’t impact the games because he can’t shoot, you are so so far off. Half the times when he’s in the game he’s defending the other teams best player, and he usually does a pretty good job at it.

His defense, energy, athleticism, instinct are all there already. I think he’s going to be the best passer on our team when he gets more reps in. He makes some of the best most insane passes i’ve ever seen.

Definitely needs to work on his shooting, and he will. I will say, I have noticed a slight improvement in his mechanics from his high school shot to now. Some of his high school videos his shot looks really hitched, but he’s already started to improve and I’m sure that’s 100% a priority for him over the off-season.

There are ways you can impact the game without stuffing the stat sheet, and he has been really good at that so far.

Reaction Score
So the question is: Will he shoot jumpers in an empty gym for hours at a time? Walter Ray wants to know

Lol.

He's so bad, I'd think less shooting might be better until he's fixed his form. Just reinforcing bad habits at this point. He certainly needs to be pretty purposeful about fixing his hand position and balance before he sees significant improvement

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom