andre jackson. buy stock now. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

andre jackson. buy stock now.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Why do these player threads always turn into a b!*** fit with pointless arguments over past player comparisons?

Let's appreciate Andre for the individual talent he is now... while he's still here. Kid is special.

Reaction Score
AJ and Burrell both are spectacular athletes and we're extremely thankful we were able to see them don the uniform with UCONN on their chests. Not sure why it needs to be a contest of who can make the better argument.

Reaction Score
With Bouk most likely gone next season, its nice to see a continuity with Andre really developing we should have little drop off next season.

Reaction Score
I actually think Jackson is a little springier than Burrell was. But I just feel like posting the greatest steal I ever saw. From a two-footed jump over 6-8, 240 Rodney Rogers.

Anyone notice that we were playing a zone (matchup? 1-2-2?) with Burrell at the top hounding whoever has the ball. That would be interesting with AJ at the top if we ever did it. But, we will never play zone.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Why do these player threads always turn into a b!*** fit with pointless arguments over past player comparisons?

Let's appreciate Andre for the individual talent he is now... while he's still here. Kid is special.

Yeah!

And they're both wrong, anyway. Doug Wrenn was the best athlete. Remember when he tried to do an off-the-backboard dunk from the 3-point line? Sure he didn't come close to actually dunking it but whatever.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Not even being facetious, he has Mahomes level passing skills. All angles, all speeds, no looks, fakes. He's going to be a better version of Ben Simmons in the NBA.

He'd also probably be the best quarterback UConn football ever had if he got on the turf.

Reaction Score
Andre reminds me of Rudy. His game and size may be suited for the NBA. I felt college had too many small quick guards for Rudy. It's not easy for a +6'6" player to beat his man off the dribble and potentially a small/quick help defender who slides over to swipe at the ball.

Good take. Rudy was one of those guys who immediately stuck out in the college game - he just seemed to be dancing to a different tune than everyone else on the court most days.

Reaction Score
Yeah!

And they're both wrong, anyway. Doug Wrenn was the best athlete. Remember when he tried to do an off-the-backboard dunk from the 3-point line? Sure he didn't come close to actually dunking it but whatever.
Wrenn was a great leaper but not on Jackson's level. Jackson has top 1% NBA run jump athleticism, think Zach LaVine.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Wrenn was a great leaper but not on Jackson's level. Jackson has top 1% NBA run jump athleticism, think Zach LaVine.
When I see AJ, my first thought is that he could win an NBA Slam Dunk Contest one day.

Reaction Score
And there's plenty of posters on this board who think Scott Burrell is a better run jump athlete than him. Lolz.
I think we need to reserve judgement until AJ jumps over a Rodney Rodgers equivalent.

Reaction Score
I actually think Jackson is a little springier than Burrell was. But I just feel like posting the greatest steal I ever saw. From a two-footed jump over 6-8, 240 Rodney Rogers.

Great find. Greatest steal in UConn history?

Reaction Score
This is shockingly divisive for our fan base so I’ll say this once more and not again. Aj is incredibly athletic as a jumper. But I”vê seen Scott Burrell come from a long distance away and obliterate a Shaq dunk. I’ve seen Scott Burrell literally leapfrog over a largely upright a 6’7” NBA forward. I’ve seen Burrell block a fast break lay up from so far behind Raftery referred to him as a UFO.

I’ve seen none of that from AJ. I’ve seen him jump high when dunking. Sorry, but . I don’t care that Burrell could play other sports. And it’s possible that if they both were literally just standing and jumping Jackson could get higher. But Burrell’s athleticism led him to doing unbelievably special things on a basketball court. Aj’s, so far, has led to spectacular dunks when not guarded. Call me when AJ’s jumping leads to him actually making spectacular plays.
"This is shockingly divisive for our fan base". Dude, lighten up

Reaction Score
Obviously he needs to stop making the dumbazz fouls, and it would be nice if he got the green light to take some longer shots to go along with his dunks......

Reaction Score
FYI, silly fouls are a freshman specialty. Heck, one of the ones he got last night was because 23 year old grandpa, Charlie Moore, slowed up while AJ was too close coming up court and he ran into him.

Reaction Score
FYI, silly fouls are a freshman specialty. Heck, one of the ones he got last night was because 23 year old grandpa, Charlie Moore, slowed up while AJ was too close coming up court and he ran into him.

I fully get that it is a "freshman specialty"... He just needs to fix it sooner than later!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The play that did it for me came last week. The one where Andre was taking the ball down court under control, looking for a man the entire way and realized that no one was picking him up and took it all the way to the rim for the stuff. That's poise. In the past when we've seen the coast-to-coast play, our guy made the decision to take it to the rim before he crossed half court.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I love Scott Burrell and he was an amazing three sport athlete, only guy to ever be drafted first round in 2 professional sports until Kyler Murray came along
Walt Dropo played on the football team, basketball team and baseball team At UConn. Dropo left UConn as the school's all-time leading scorer in basketball. Dropo was drafted in the first round of the 1947 BAA Draft by the Providence Steamrollerswith the fourth overall pick. Dropo was also drafted by the Chicago Bears in the 9th round of the 1946 NFL Draft. He took neither and instead played for the Red Sox where he had an outstanding rookie year.

Reaction Score
Everyone is worried about his 3 point shot. It's terrible. If he learns to shoot, he's going to the NBA.
Honestly I don't think he will even be as good as Stanley Robinson and even Stanley could not make the league, again I hope I am wrong but his mechanics is no bueno

Reaction Score
Honestly I don't think he will even be as good as Stanley Robinson and even Stanley could not make the league, again I hope I am wrong but his mechanics is no bueno

His mechanics are terrible but beyond the fact that they can both jump high I don't know what he has in common with Stanley as a basketball player.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
His mechanics are terrible but beyond the fact that they can both jump high I don't know what he has in common with Stanley as a basketball player.
Yeah Hurleys said his NBA position is PG and with the way he handles and passes it, it’s hard to argue. Shooting is massive, obviously, but also think he needs to figure out his offense of the dribble, which I’m have a lot of faith he will do based on his skill set.

One big thing he has going for him is you can tell he’s a very confident kid. You can see him from a personality standpoint leading a team and not losing aggressiveness as he puts the pieces together offensively. Lack of confidence once they get hit in the mouth in terms of needing to work on their game in order to be effective against a new level of competition is one thing that keeps a lot of talented players from being able to do what it takes to get to the league.

Reaction Score
Very curious what his mechanics look like to start next season. Don’t want to mess with it too much mid-season but I’m guessing they’ll blow it up and start from scratch during the off-season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom