andre jackson. buy stock now. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

andre jackson. buy stock now.

Reaction Score
I actually think Jackson is a little springier than Burrell was. But I just feel like posting the greatest steal I ever saw. From a two-footed jump over 6-8, 240 Rodney Rogers.

I mean AJ could do that leap if in that one-in-a-million play... you see him almost hit his head on the rim on that reverse dunk?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I actually think Jackson is a little springier than Burrell was. But I just feel like posting the greatest steal I ever saw. From a two-footed jump over 6-8, 240 Rodney Rogers.

One of the coolest and most underrated basketball plays of all-time. Yeah, I'll say it. It is an all-time great play. It was so effortless. Like Bo Jackson running down a fly ball and running up along the outfield wall effortless.

Loved me some Rodney Rogers. That dude was a brick in the Larry Johnson and Corliss Williamson mold. And I don't care what is written down, Rodney was no where near 6'8".

Reaction Score
You're doubling down on stupid. I love Scott Burrell and he was an amazing three sport athlete, only guy to ever be drafted first round in 2 professional sports until Kyler Murray came along but he's nowhere near the run jump athlete Jackson is. You're sticking with one of the dumber takes we've seen on this board.
You are one of the least qualified people on here to say anything about dumb takes.

Reaction Score
Andre reminds me of Rudy. His game and size may be suited for the NBA. I felt college had too many small quick guards for Rudy. It's not easy for a +6'6" player to beat his man off the dribble and potentially a small/quick help defender who slides over to swipe at the ball.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Andre reminds me of Rudy. His game and size may be suited for the NBA. I felt college had too many small quick guards for Rudy. It's not easy for a +6'6" player to beat his man off the dribble and potentially a small/quick help defender who slides over to swipe at the ball.

I think Andre has a better handle for college than Rudy. And is definitely a better passer.

No kidding. From a pure court vision and passing, it's Marcus Williams number one, Dove #2 and Andre is looking like number 3 on the list.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Check out these dunks by Scott Burrell at the :55 mark and the 5:50 mark. You're telling me those are dunks or athleticism AJ cannot do?

Reaction Score
I think Andre has a better handle for college than Rudy. And is definitely a better passer.

No kidding. From a pure court vision and passing, it's Marcus Williams number one, Dove #2 and Andre is looking like number 3 on the list.
Sure. I just think they are both suited to play against defenders closer to their size. Versus all the small and likely quicker perimeter players in college ball.

Reaction Score
A pg at his size, passing ability with that athleticism will be something very, very special to watch. If he takes a leap forward offensively he could be a finalist for NPOY next year.

Reaction Score
AJ will be the X factor for our Tournament run this year if he can stay on the court. DH is forced to sit him because of his fouls--some phantom and some just silly--not because of his lack of contributions while on the floor. The refs have a quick whistle when he's playing D and I think coaches are starting to game-plan around this to keep him off the floor with fouls.

His court vision and entry passes/passing are ready for the Big Show.

Reaction Score
Odd, but Luke Maye. I’m friends with the Maye family so seeing Luke Maye hit that game winner against Kentucky in Classy Freddie Blassie would call AJ a pencil neck geek.
Pencil-neck geeks- what a song! “Someone told me that Geeks are going for a dime a dozen- I’m looking for the guy supplying the dimes!”

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
He sleepwalked through the game last night. Imagine when he is lit.

Reaction Score
Greats Hops, Great Passer, Coachable, gifted athlete.......anyone worried about his jumpshot? releases the ball very low and few time missing everything this year

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is why I kept saying we didn’t just lose Bouk to injury, but Andre too. We are completely different with both of them. His passing is amazing and his ability to disrupt as a defender is raw, but will still be tremendous.

The comparisons to Burrell are pointless. He was a great player and all around athlete. He was a high level D1 recruit as a QB on top of his baseball and basketball skills. Basketball may have been his worst sport and he played 10 years in the NBA. There is no need to compare them.

The guy most like Andre in those old clips is Nadav Henefeld. Very similar games once Andre learns to shoot, but Andre is a much better athlete. That’s what he can be, Nadav with ++ athleticism.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Greats Hops, Great Passer, Coachable, gifted athlete.......anyone worried about his jumpshot? releases the ball very low and few time missing everything this year

Everyone is worried about his 3 point shot. It's terrible. If he learns to shoot, he's going to the NBA.

Reaction Score
Actually, there were two really good You Tube videos of that Dream Season including some dunks by Scotty put on this message board today. Scotty is no where near as high as Jackson can get.

You are mixing up Burrell's basketball ability and his overall athleticism vs Jackson's pure basketball athleticism. You've done it consistently but it's still wrong.

Burrell was a better basketball player as a freshman than Jackson
Burrell is a better all around athlete than Jackson
Jackson's on court athleticism is better than Burrell's.

This is shockingly divisive for our fan base so I’ll say this once more and not again. Aj is incredibly athletic as a jumper. But I”vê seen Scott Burrell come from a long distance away and obliterate a Shaq dunk. I’ve seen Scott Burrell literally leapfrog over a largely upright a 6’7” NBA forward. I’ve seen Burrell block a fast break lay up from so far behind Raftery referred to him as a UFO.

I’ve seen none of that from AJ. I’ve seen him jump high when dunking. Sorry, but . I don’t care that Burrell could play other sports. And it’s possible that if they both were literally just standing and jumping Jackson could get higher. But Burrell’s athleticism led him to doing unbelievably special things on a basketball court. Aj’s, so far, has led to spectacular dunks when not guarded. Call me when AJ’s jumping leads to him actually making spectacular plays.

Reaction Score
I watched Jackson throw that no look entry pass to Whaley last night and couldn’t help but think what this kid is going to grow into next year. With the way Sanogo has been progressing I can see our offense next year being very hard to stop with Jackson feeding him inlets deep in the post.

Reaction Score
This is shockingly divisive for our fan base so I’ll say this once more and not again. Aj is incredibly athletic as a jumper. But I”vê seen Scott Burrell come from a long distance away and obliterate a Shaq dunk. I’ve seen Scott Burrell literally leapfrog over a largely upright a 6’7” NBA forward. I’ve seen Burrell block a fast break lay up from so far behind Raftery referred to him as a UFO.

I’ve seen none of that from AJ. I’ve seen him jump high when dunking. Sorry, but . I don’t care that Burrell could play other sports. And it’s possible that if they both were literally just standing and jumping Jackson could get higher. But Burrell’s athleticism led him to doing unbelievably special things on a basketball court. Aj’s, so far, has led to spectacular dunks when not guarded. Call me when AJ’s jumping leads to him actually making spectacular plays.
Calm down Ms. Burrell. Your son is well loved. But, it’s AJ’s special time.

Reaction Score

Remember it well but Andre has way more vision and vertical jump. Burrell shot better. Andre if he puts the work in..........

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom