Andre’s shooting | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Andre’s shooting

Reaction Score
Like a poster said in the last thread… try to love….that said Andre is the life blood of this team… when he’s ready to move on from uconn he will be in the nba… think a bigger and more athletic Marcus Smart

Reaction Score
Like a poster said in the last thread… try to love….that said Andre is the life blood of this team… when he’s ready to move on from uconn he will be in the nba… think a bigger and more athletic Marcus Smart

I understand what you're getting at, but nah. Smart averaged 18ppg as a sophomore in college and shot 30% from deep on 5 attempts per game. He was one of the best college players in the country his sophomore year. Andre isn't even remotely close to that level of production offensively. Smart has earned his reputation as an elite defender, but he has a respectable scoring package as well. He's averaged 10ppg in the league.

Andre is absolutely the life-blood of this team. Might get picked in the 2nd round, but I think it's fair to say he has a long, long way to go to be a serious NBA player.

Reaction Score
I said it in a different thread, but if Andre can shoot 33% on his threes (most of which will be open shots because of how our offense works) and keep everything else the exact same, we'll be singing his praises for years

Reaction Score
He makes plays and when he focuses on his man he can defend as well. He may never be able to shoot it, I mean if he can’t get to the elbow by now when’s it going to happen? He is what he is an important piece no matter. Problem is you need to have scorers scoring when hes playing because 4 on 5 can stress the offense.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It’s the pinky. How do I know? Go back and watch him last year. His shots were miles better than after the finger injury. Don’t worry he will be back to what he was but he’s not the Hawk, Joey or Alex, never will be.
‘My question is this: does anyone on this board have inside information to our basketball’s staff’s approach to his shot ie; what was done over summer or what work was prescribed? Did he do it> Or… did the staff just say well that’s the way he shoots. Wondering.
I kind of thought after freshman year they would have stripped everything down and worked with him on his mechanics. I remember hearing about it how much he was in the gym and I figured that’s what was happening. As it was, he was just getting in more reps grooving his heart shot mechanics.

He is, who he is, and I’m glad we have him on the team.

Reaction Score
His shot is completely broken. More reps in the gym wasn't going to fix it. His scoring on the whole is completely broken. His best move outside of a lob is a flat floater he shoots at 40%. In retrospect, his jumper was too broken to be functional and needed a rebuild from the ground up a la Sanogo. That wasn't really predictable, so I'm not blaming anyone. I think it's just obvious that mechanically and mentally he has a gigantic barrier scoring the rock.

The fact that he is a good starting caliber player in the Big East despite being an absolute 0 scoring the ball is a testament to just how good he is everywhere else. Tenacity, toughness, rebounding, ball pressure, passing, etc. If he keeps his turnovers and fouls to reasonable levels, he might be our 3rd best player despite not being able to score. It's unbelievable really.
Agree that it's broken and agree with another poster who said there is no short term fix by working in the gym - his shooting and handle inside the foul line are major deficiencies - so I don't really think he'll be going anywhere next year. Those deficiencies were there all of last year - nothing to do with the injury.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Jackson should constantly be rolling to the rim for layups and lob dunks. I’m still baffled why he stands behind the 3 point line for most of the games.

Reaction Score
An insane athlete without a shot, is not what the NBA is looking for. I hope he can make a living doing what he loves.

Reaction Score
Marcus Smart? LOL! Wow next people on this board are going to say he is the next MJ. LOL! Marcus might not have been a great shooter he was always someone who could drive and finish in college and had better form on his shot. Let's be realistic. AJ is probably a 4 year college player with no NBA hope but I could see him going overseas to play.

Reaction Score
Like I said his shooting affects his future earnings more than our success.
We get into another level of intensity on D when he is on the floor to compensate. He is Burrell , Ricky good . He is on my all D team .
My advice to him for his future

PG 101 “A lead guard has to shoot just well enough to be guarded “
The first lesson my BB guru taught me . You have to keep them honest .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom