Awesomeness
Reaction Score
progress.jpg

Progress: 80%
Raised: $ 20000 Goal: $ 25000

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
A very good friend did us a favor by kicking us off the $19,345 hump we were stuck on.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Just $5,000 to go. Let's make it happen.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
You guys are unbelievable. To raise that much money in that short a time span is incredible, and should get the attention of those who think this is just another message board full of know-nothing knuckleheads. We did a better job of fundraising and organization in a month than Jeff Hathaway did in 8 years.

Reaction Score
From what I can tell, we put the initial post up on October 14th.

You all raised 25,000 dollars in just about 10 days.

For all the bickering and insults and whining that takes place on this lil' slice of the world wide web, I hope you all take a step back, notice what we've done so far and feel very proud to be part of this community.

Reaction Score

For all the bickering and insults and whining that takes place on this lil' slice of the world wide web, I hope you all take a step back, notice what we've done so far and feel very proud to be part of this community.
Blown away, just absolutely blown away. Amazing group of of people!! So impressed.

But, if you planned to contribute and haven't yet, please do it. Maybe we can go for two bypass pumps! Whaddy say guys!!

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Well put.

Can we go back to hating each other now? This unicorns and rainbows is making me queasy.

Reaction Score
Well put.

Can we go back to hating each other now? This unicorns and rainbows **** is making me queasy
Have no fear. The days will soon be upon us where we go 2 for 14 from the 3 pt arc and everyone wants Ollie fired.
Have no fear. The days will soon be upon us where we go 2 for 14 from the 3 pt arc and everyone wants Ollie fired.
Can we still want Pasqualoni fired?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Wow. I am thoroughly impressed. Earlier this week it looked like 25k would be tough to reach. Amazing effort.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I am curious about Calhoun's response. Years ago, after a health issue to which the board responded to with a 'e-get-well-card of sort, Calhoun came on the board to express his appreciation. I thought it was a nice gesture from a guy who clearly had more important things to do. In this case there is no need to "thank and a thank you" and that is what the contribution is - our thank you for all this incredible guy has given to us over the years. Not just the national championships, but his charitable work and the development of our guys into outstanding representatives of the university. Perhaps most importantly he showed the State that the University of Connecticut can and should strive for excellence in all its endeavors. In that respect, his contribution and legacy is immeasurable. So thank you Coach!

Reaction Score
Has this been updated recently? I noticed that after I pledged money that nothing changed on the donor board. I did, however, put the check in the mail following the page's instructions.

Reaction Score
Has this been updated recently? I noticed that after I pledged money that nothing changed on the donor board. I did, however, put the check in the mail following the page's instructions.

If you go to the actual donation page, it shows us at 103% and $25,690 right now.

Reaction Score

The thermometer is automatically adjusted by the site as gifts are received and credit cards are actually processed (I think technically it's when the transaction is authorized). When you say "pledge," do you mean when you may have verbally committed to giving in the past? It wouldn't have moved for that.

It's the first time we're using this particular thermometer tool, so we've been reconciling totals daily. Everything's worked fine. I can also manually adjust the thermometer number as physical checks are received, and have done so. If you'd like me to inquire about whether your particular check is included in the total, drop us a note at campaign@foundation.uconn.edu with your name and we'll look it up.

Reaction Score
The thermometer is automatically adjusted by the site as gifts are received and credit cards are actually processed (I think technically it's when the transaction is authorized). When you say "pledge," do you mean when you may have verbally committed to giving in the past? It wouldn't have moved for that.

It's the first time we're using this particular thermometer tool, so we've been reconciling totals daily. Everything's worked fine. I can also manually adjust the thermometer number as physical checks are received, and have done so. If you'd like me to inquire about whether your particular check is included in the total, drop us a note at campaign@foundation.uconn.edu with your name and we'll look it up.

I mailed out my check this morning, so you should have it by Saturday. I wanted to pay with a credit card, but I couldn't navigate the site. If you knew me you wouldn't believe that to be much of a stretch!:)

Reaction Score
Why stop at $25,000? I'm sure we could raise more if we give people more than 10 days.

At this point, why not just pick a date to present the check and keep raising until then? It could be a surprise to us all to see the final amount.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We're actually working on how to take this forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom