And the 9 games for 2020 so far are... | Page 8 | The Boneyard

And the 9 games for 2020 so far are...

Reaction Score
Notre Dame would be the top choice for sure. Other candidates? Michigan? Penn State?
Any of those schools would be a real huge win, especially if it could get some permanent legs.

Reaction Score
UConn’s 2020 football schedule is just about finalized. It will feature five Power Five opponents, seven home games, a trip to Ole Miss in late October and a game against Army at Rentschler Field to close out the season in late November.

The 2020 season looks like this: home against UMass, at Illinois, at Virginia, home against Indiana, home against Maine, at Ole Miss, home against Liberty, at San Jose State, home against Army.

That’s nine of 12. Those games are under contract. UConn was awaiting the finalization of agreements with three other programs, one of which is a Power Five team from the ACC.

Sept. 3: UMass
Sept. 12: at Illinois
Sept. 26: Indiana
Oct 24: at Ole Miss
Oct. 31: Liberty
Nov. 14: at San Jose State
Nov. 28: Army

Dates TBA: Maine, at Virginia.

UConn’s guarantee games in the future will come mostly against top teams from the SEC and Big Ten. It will be balanced with home-and-home series with mid-level Power 5 teams and regionalized with expected annual games against Boston College, UMass, Syracuse and Army. BYU is expected to be a regular opponent.

What is being worked on for 2021 looks better than 2020. And further into the future, what actually becomes the increasingly easy part is scheduling attractive games.

Wow, I love the schedule. I was not a fan of UConn's move to the Big East, but Ol Miss and SJSU? Are those buy games, or H and H? BYU scheduled in the future? Love to see a H and H series with Boise State and Oregon.

Reaction Score
Would be pretty damn cool if they could ever pull that leprechaun out of a hat

If AD Dave can pull that off this move to independence will have to start being viewed as a positive for football. I admit I was angry when the announcement was made but now I see the light. Crow for dinner tonight.

When does the AD Dave statue get built?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So road games at Ol Miss at Virginia and at San Jose and at Illinois. 2 home games and 1 road game still to come or has Middle Tennessee been confirmed? Syracuse at home and WMU on the road with returns a few years away is what I’m hearing.

Reaction Score
There is no doubt that yesterday's announcement was a long needed boost. The light at the end of the tunnel was getting really dim. This removes the one giant problem. We now know that the schedule is going to be something for fans, players and recruits to be excited about. All the "we stink and no one will ever want to play, coach or root for us" (I summarize) arguments that we've been sharing on this board are rendered moot. I could argue that this puts us right below the top power 5 teams and above the bottom dwellers and all other G5 conferences as a destination. Let's go!

It also removes all the excuses. Our expectations for the on field product should be high. No more excuses.

Reaction Score
Bottom Line ... David Benedict has earned the trust of the FB oriented Fanbase.

It isn't a perfect 2020 schedule. But it is a hell of a lot better than the "Program is Dead" pronouncement. You can see how the UCONN Brand plays and we can leverage the outstanding past of the WBB & MBB into games that can be great for us to be fans. NYC triple header. Ole Miss. UVA. Regional. I understand the initial pooh about he BE move from a football guy ... but WE are in a better Platform today than getting our tail kicked in Texas or NO.

Maybe spice in a little Florida.

Reaction Score
Bottom Line ... David Benedict has earned the trust of the FB oriented Fanbase.

It isn't a perfect 2020 schedule. But it is a hell of a lot better than the "Program is Dead" pronouncement. You can see how the UCONN Brand plays and we can leverage the outstanding past of the WBB & MBB into games that can be great for us to be fans. NYC triple header. Ole Miss. UVA. Regional. I understand the initial pooh about he BE move from a football guy ... but WE are in a better Platform today than getting our tail kicked in Texas or NO.

Maybe spice in a little Florida.
If we can get a H & H with UF, I'd gladly put a statue of DB on campus...

I'd love to see a H & H with Washington... The Dog House Game...Huskies versus Huskies...

Reaction Score
So road games at Ol Miss at Virginia and at San Jose and at Illinois. 2 home games and 1 road game still to come or has Middle Tennessee been confirmed? Syracuse at home and WMU on the road with returns a few years away is what I’m hearing.
Adding Cuse to the home slate would make this an awesome schedule. Couldn't have asked for a better 2020. Yet, we'll see if your "hearing" is true. That would be a very interesting season!

Reaction Score
I thought the unannounced ACC game was at home.
Depends, but some basic analysis and a speculative WAG suggests ...

If involving ODU trade, appears could be Wake at the Rent or No Classes at Chapel Hill.

if involving Western Michigan trade. appears could be sorryexcuse at the Rent; or the fruit may push for game at some unnamed dome.

If VT’s open spot, then at Blacksburg.

Reaction Score
Don't know the answer to this. Just playing devil's advocate. If UConn turns things around ,and are no longer an automatic FBS win, do P5 schools become harder to schedule?
I had the same thought.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Liberty is a great University. A co-worker is a graduate of Liberty. It is a conservative university, UConn is a liberal university. I'd rather hire a graduate from Liberty than UConn, and I graduated from UConn.
In light of what Medic wrote above...

Liberty has an FBS level football program, independent of a conference. It benefits both independent programs to play each other.

For three hours, all the other headaches need to be put aside.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I will say that 3 home games in November is sub-optimal. But I'm due for some new cold weather gear.
Yup, we will just have to suck it up. Small price to pay for an attractive schedule and it kinda tilts the field in UConn's favor to play in cold weather. Gotta keep that Thursday before Labor Day open for a Yankee Conference or CT opponent at the Rent though.

Reaction Score
If we can get a H & H with UF, I'd gladly put a statue of DB on campus...

I'd love to see a H & H with Washington... The Dog House Game...Huskies versus Huskies...

0 chance UF comes here. They haven’t left the state of Florida for an ooc road game since the 90’s

Reaction Score
Gotta keep that Thursday before Labor Day open for a Yankee Conference or CT opponent at the Rent though.
In a post-conference independent scheduling world, nothing may be sacred about pre-Labor day games and everything may be permitted.

Reaction Score
In a post-conference independent scheduling world, nothing may be sacred about pre-Labor day games and everything may be permitted.
Only as a last resort or the presence of a very large carrot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom