And the 9 games for 2020 so far are... | Page 6 | The Boneyard

And the 9 games for 2020 so far are...

Reaction Score
Colorado please.
spent my freshman year (skiing) at CU before transferring home to UConn - have been visiting Folsom ever since for select games and the Dead & Co shows - would be incredible to go watch the Huskies play there, Boulder is a great destination - all for this!!

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Ole Miss is interesting. Apart from a series announced today with Purdue beginning in 2033, their upcoming schedule doesn’t feature a single northern team. Pretty cool an SEC team that doesn’t generally play northern squads made room for UConn.

Reaction Score
Mea culpa! Upon further review, except inexplicably on my iPhone calendar 9/3/20 is indeed a Thursday. Seriously, I just re-checked my phone; still shows up as Wednesday and is still wrong. Weird, but thanks for the helpful correction.

Maybe your iphone forgot to factor in the 2020 is a leap year...lol

Reaction Score
DB did well considering the circumstances. The road games look good. But the home games are a bit ugly for now: UMass, Indiana, Liberty, Army, Maine, MTSU, TBD

Reaction Score
Maybe smoke on Cuse-WMU from their side (unless they are responding to UConn fan speculation):

Surprised Cuse would find room to add us. AD Boeheim told me they didn't have room for us.

But in all seriousness, Cuse's 2020 OOC schedule includes Rutgers, Colgate, Western Michigan, and Liberty. We are a natural replacement.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Army at home is normally a good time. The corps of cadets have travelled well to East Hartford in the past due to the relatively short ride from West Point. The problem with next year's game is it's Thanksgiving weekend. As we've seen from our own student section, that holiday weekend most of them are home with their families. Still it's a good get for the following reasons: I consider it an honor for UConn to host ANY of the service academies due to their military commitment to keep America safe. These games have a special flavor to them (National Guard flyovers, honoring America, etc.). If HCRE's then upperclassmen mature as he envisions, this can be a very competative game which the Huskies have a chance to win. (AND the Black Knights COULD be looking ahead to their upcoming encounter with the MIDS.) All in all, a fitting way to end the regular season.

Reaction Score
Putterman: Game contracts reveal details about UConn football scheduling in 2020 and beyond

Declassified version <<

>>Here is the full breakdown of payments attached to each 2020 matchup:
  • vs. UMass - UConn pays $150,000
  • at Illinois - UConn collects $200,000
  • vs. Indiana - UConn pays $300,000
  • at Ole Miss - n/a
  • vs. Liberty - UConn pays $250,000
  • at San Jose State - UConn collects $200,000
  • vs. Army - UConn pays $200,000
  • at Virginia - UConn collects $400,000
  • vs. Maine - UConn pays $280,500
The games against UMass, Illinois, Indiana, Liberty, San Jose State and Army are all part of home-and-home series. In each case, the home team pays the visiting team the same amount for each matchup, meaning the costs eventually even out. For example, UConn will get back its $250,000 from Liberty when the teams play at Liberty in 2023.

Overall, UConn’s nine announced 2020 games will cost the school $380,500 in total (a figure that could decrease somewhat once the final games are announced). In future years, with more time and more leverage, Benedict and company should manage to come out ahead.<<

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
1. I am glad that DB has (almost apparently) put a schedule together for 2020. That was not going to be easy and he gets credit for it.

2. Having said that, I think much of this is way over the top in terms of what this means for the future. I haven't yet seen a single P5 team coming to the Rent. So can we go to P5 teams without big paydays on runoffs, and then get FCS and crap G5 teams to come to the Rent? Sure we can do that. Will it pay the bills? Probably not. As I've said before, I hope this works and I prove to be wrong but you guys are just tinkling on my boots and telling me it's raining. Unless we can get teams good enough to sell more tockets than the AAC to come here, the scheduling is not a success. And that doesn't even get to whether recruiting gets harder without a conference.

Neither what they had been doing for 7 years, nor what they would get if they had stayed affiliated with the AAC for the next twelve were going to pay the bills either.

Reaction Score
Maybe smoke on Cuse-WMU from their side (unless they are responding to UConn fan speculation):

Yup. Under CT FOI laws contracts under negotiation are exempt from disclosure until the agreement is finalized.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
The schedule is better than expected. Not sure if they can pull it off like that every year.

I was expecting a lot of Slippery Rocks and Southwest Wisconsin Techs.

Reaction Score
The schedule is better than expected. Not sure if they can pull it off like that every year.

They put this schedule together in 4 months while having to do 3 way talks and canceling other teams planned games. This is the worst schedule we'll ever have going forward. As reported in the Courant, 2021 will be significantly better, not worse.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Anthony said what they are working on for 2021 is better than what has been published for 2020.

Thinking about how that might come to be....well one idea would be to bust up one of two BYU games. BYU plays Virginia and USF in '21. Either one of those would make sense as breakup targets.

Another target '21 to break up would be Syracuse-Rutgers. Its break that up and play them both.

Reaction Score
Nope, MTSU kept the money they would have gotten for playing at Ole Miss. UConn is playing @ Ole Miss instead and not being paid for it. In return, UConn is not paying MTSU to come to Hartford.
Pretty much what I was trying to say. MTSU gets, what, $1 million from MSSU? UConn nets maybe $100K from their game at the Rent against MTSU depending on the accounting scope.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Putterman: Game contracts reveal details about UConn football scheduling in 2020 and beyond

Declassified version <<

>>
Here is the full breakdown of payments attached to each 2020 matchup:
  • vs. UMass - UConn pays $150,000
  • at Illinois - UConn collects $200,000
  • vs. Indiana - UConn pays $300,000
  • at Ole Miss - n/a
  • vs. Liberty - UConn pays $250,000
  • at San Jose State - UConn collects $200,000
  • vs. Army - UConn pays $200,000
  • at Virginia - UConn collects $400,000
  • vs. Maine - UConn pays $280,500
The games against UMass, Illinois, Indiana, Liberty, San Jose State and Army are all part of home-and-home series. In each case, the home team pays the visiting team the same amount for each matchup, meaning the costs eventually even out. For example, UConn will get back its $250,000 from Liberty when the teams play at Liberty in 2023.

Overall, UConn’s nine announced 2020 games will cost the school $380,500 in total (a figure that could decrease somewhat once the final games are announced). In future years, with more time and more leverage, Benedict and company should manage to come out ahead.<<
Thx, very helpful. Now the Huskies have to show progress. That starts on Saturday. A duck on the pond. They need to get it.

Reaction Score
Don't know the answer to this. Just playing devil's advocate. If UConn turns things around ,and are no longer an automatic FBS win, do P5 schools become harder to schedule?

Reaction Score

I mean, this year and 2021 are obviously going to be the worst years.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Army at home is normally a good time.
And at Army, which I'm sure is in our future, is a blast.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom