And the 9 games for 2020 so far are... | Page 5 | The Boneyard

And the 9 games for 2020 so far are...

Reaction Score
So no buy games in 2020, but this is offset by what appears to be 7 home games vs. the traditional 6, so one less travel date and associated expenses. We can speculate all we want about the remaining 3 games, but as shown by the released schedule, things may not be as clear as speculated.
Actually, there is at least one buy game right? UConn had to give the buy money to the team they displaced in the breakup. Or am I missing something?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
SJST or Ole Miss is your ersatz bowl trip next year if one were so inclined.

Clemson in 2021.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Actually, there is at least one buy game right? UConn had to give the buy money to the team they displaced in the breakup. Or am I missing something?

MTSU is keeping the $1.5M from Ole Miss. We are getting nothing nor paying for either game. UVA is paying us a discounted amount to visit.

Reaction Score

Nope, MTSU kept the money they would have gotten for playing at Ole Miss. UConn is playing @ Ole Miss instead and not being paid for it. In return, UConn is not paying MTSU to come to Hartford.

UConn got Virginia to move it's game with Liberty to 2023. In return, Liberty is coming to Uconn (start of H+H), and Virginia is paying UConn $400K for a buy game.

Reaction Score
I can see a possible trip to SF then a car ride to SJ or even fit in Palo Alto if Stanford has a game that makes sense. Fly back from SJ to Newark or JFK. A bit goofy but checks off a few boxes for me.

Let's also factor in date and time flexibility as an added benefit of independence. As we move forward with more options dates and times that work better for us not just our league or opponent.
Stanford would be great team to play.

Reaction Score
1. I am glad that DB has (almost apparently) put a schedule together for 2020. That was not going to be easy and he gets credit for it.

2. Having said that, I think much of this is way over the top in terms of what this means for the future. I haven't yet seen a single P5 team coming to the Rent. So can we go to P5 teams without big paydays on runoffs, and then get FCS and crap G5 teams to come to the Rent? Sure we can do that. Will it pay the bills? Probably not. As I've said before, I hope this works and I prove to be wrong but you guys are just tinkling on my boots and telling me it's raining. Unless we can get teams good enough to sell more tockets than the AAC to come here, the scheduling is not a success. And that doesn't even get to whether recruiting gets harder without a conference.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
1. I am glad that DB has (almost apparently) put a schedule together for 2020. That was not going to be easy and he gets credit for it.

2. Having said that, I think much of this is way over the top in terms of what this means for the future. I haven't yet seen a single P5 team coming to the Rent. So can we go to P5 teams without big paydays on runoffs, and then get FCS and crap G5 teams to come to the Rent? Sure we can do that. Will it pay the bills? Probably not. As I've said before, I hope this works and I prove to be wrong but you guys are just tinkling on my boots and telling me it's raining. Unless we can get teams good enough to sell more tockets than the AAC to come here, the scheduling is not a success. And that doesn't even get to whether recruiting gets harder without a conference.
We literally have scheduled home and homes with duke, nc state and Purdue in the coming years dude.

Reaction Score

Did you miss the H/H with Maryland that was announced a couple weeks ago?

Reaction Score

You mean aside from NC State and Duke and Maryland?

It sounded like Cuse and BC would be regular opponents too, according to the Courant article.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
BL's point is that we have shown we van attract quality P5 home games later in the season.

My response would be the 2020 was always going to be a difficult ask but going forward I think I can see the outline of a long term philosophy that will hopefully get better as time goes on.

The unbalanced schedules in the ACC caused by ND will be a significant source of H/H opportunities going forward.

The other independents will also form a bulk of the schedules.

Add one FCS, one buy away game from the SEC and a random G5 H/H and you are nearly there.

What's left is to see if DB can consistantly deliver those extra games that are hopefully against the desirable local P5 opponents.

The 2020 home slate that replaced the AAC games isn't great (Army, MTSU, Liberty) but he can add a Wake or a Cuse it's still better than most thought could come together. The road games are much better than anticipated. That should help sell the TV rights.

Reaction Score
You mean aside from NC State and Duke and Maryland?

It sounded like Cuse and BC would be regular opponents too, according to the Courant article.

Have we seen any commitments for them to come to the Rent? I'm rooting for the program to survive and thrive, but until I actually see that we can get P5 teams to the Rent and enough games once conference play kicks in, I'm remaining skeptical.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I can see a possible trip to SF then a car ride to SJ or even fit in Palo Alto if Stanford has a game that makes sense. Fly back from SJ to Newark or JFK. A bit goofy but checks off a few boxes for me.

Let's also factor in date and time flexibility as an added benefit of independence. As we move forward with more options dates and times that work better for us not just our league or opponent.

It's also possible that the 49ers are home that weekend. They are very close in Santa Clara. Plus Hockey season will have started. Shark Tank is fun.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

let’s see if one of the remaining three games to be scheduled does in fact yield the rumored new P5 home game.

things are so bad around here I’m find anything with at least 6 home games and no stop gap FCS games a minor miracle.

Reaction Score
let’s see if one of the remaining three games to be scheduled does in fact yield the rumored new P5 home game.

things are so bad around here I’m find anything with at least 6 home games and no stop gap FCS games a minor miracle.

Unfortunately, I’m thinking that there won’t be another p5 home game in 2020.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom