And the 9 games for 2020 so far are... | Page 9 | The Boneyard

And the 9 games for 2020 so far are...

Reaction Score
I would hope the long term plan is to play UMass on rivalry weekend. Establish some tradition. Even though I know there are lots of reasons to hate the idea I’d explore playing at Fenway every year to make it an EVENT. It’s close both schools have lots of local alumni and Fenway will be set up for football in any case.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Paging Warde - thought you were supposed to be working on something for us given we are old buds and all.... Did ECU take $10 less for that pay day game?

Reaction Score
Paging Warde - thought you were supposed to be working on something for us given we are old buds and all.... Did ECU take $10 less for that pay day game?

Michigan now needs a P5 or equivalent for both 2022 and 2023 to meet Big Ten scheduling guidelines. Where is that cat in the tinfoil hat???

Reaction Score
Only as a last resort or the presence of a very large carrot.
Last resort? More than a few people would be thrilled to have a great season opener versus Thursday night opponents fewer give a carp about scheduling. A prospective big check or attractive H&H would just be icing on the cake!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
OK, now to more important matters. Dave, I need a new Nike Block C ball cap. The recent facsimiles offered aren't cutting it. Now that 2020 is mostly in line, I expect you to get right on it or the program is dead.

Reaction Score
MTSU will not be a very attractive or lucrative home game (probably the equivalent of Tulsa), but the benefits of the Ole Miss game from the perspective of the fan base and recruiting far outweighs the any costs. Seems the focus of Benedict's wheeling and dealing was to get additional P5 games as he cut deals for Ole Miss, a one-off with UVA, and one yet to be announced P5 team.

The 5 P5 games plus, regional games (Army, UMass, Maine) outshines any AAC schedule and I think that was the short term goal. It would have been a public relations nightmare to trot out a schedule with an array of the AAC southern schools or other southern schools like La. Tech, Southern Miss, UAB, UL-Monroe, Florida International or FAU. P5 and regional needs to be the focus.

agree with 1 caveat. I’d take a FL directional every year. I don’t care if it’s FIU.

Looking for buy game at UF or FSU.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
VT still has an open date in 2020. Fingers crossed that's the ACC game to be announced. My nephews senior year in Blacksburg. Jersey kid that I cultivated into a Uconn fan. He'll set me up...

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
VT still has an open date in 2020. Fingers crossed that's the ACC game to be announced. My nephews senior year in Blacksburg. Jersey kid that I cultivated into a Uconn fan. He'll set me up...

Yeah, that's the best of the bunch of FBS with open dates (Air Force, Old Dominion, So. Miss, UAB the others). Five hour drive for me. Would have to think about it.

Reaction Score
VT still has an open date in 2020. Fingers crossed that's the ACC game to be announced.
Selfishly focused on a 2020 UConn home game, ideally neither VT nor No Classes is the rumored ACC opponent. Sorryexcuse or Wake offer higher potential for a ‘20 Huskies’ home game.

Reaction Score
Last resort? More than a few people would be thrilled to have a great season opener versus Thursday night opponents fewer give a carp about scheduling. A prospective big check or attractive H&H would just be icing on the cake!
Whatever. Thanks for your input.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Id like to see any 2 of BC, Rutgers, BYU or NMSU in the schedule for 2020 because as it’s been reported, we haven’t been able to get as much for buy games in 2020 than we’ve gotten from other years further down the road. So maybe settle with a H&H with a BC or RU or with another Indy school like BYU or NMSU

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom