An early UConn vs Stanford analysis | Page 5 | The Boneyard

An early UConn vs Stanford analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"go at her hard" to contain her? I don't see how that will work. Would it not make it easier for her to drive by them? And which Stanford player(s) would go at her hard?

Sorry, poor choice of words. I didnt mean them literally. I meant they might be focused early on trying to stop her.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
This baffles me. You are saying both that Maya wasnt quick (Chiney is "not quick", yet she was able to stay with Maya), and that it's harder to guard Tiff or even Faris than her.
I guess you don't understand that Hayes is quicker than Moore.

Not saying more talented, but quicker.

And it was certainly more than just Chiney guarding Moore.

Sorry you are so baffled by this.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Sorry, poor choice of words. I didnt mean them literally. I meant they might be focused early on trying to stop her.
OK, understood. Of course containing Tiff without doing the same with Stef, Bria and a few other Huskies won't accomplish much. Last year they handled Maya and that won the game because no one else scored much for UConn. It's more complicated this year.

Reaction Score
I am very afraid of the O sisters. They seem to own all real estate near the basket and shouldn't be underestimated in any regard. Keys to victory? I'd like to see Faris have a good shooting night. That would take some pressure off Stef and Stamford will not be able to disregard her from a shooting perspective. It will also be important for Buck to have a good game. To my eye, she looks much more confident this year and I hope that translates into better decision making and fewer awkward blunders making her size and strength a real asset.

Regardless of the outcome, this game will have many sub plots to pay attention to. I'm expecting a great game that will answer many of the questions posed in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom