Amore: "AAC Tourney Make or Break" | The Boneyard

Amore: "AAC Tourney Make or Break"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
By that he means automatic bid I guess. Even though we have sort of known this, it's kind of shocking to see it in writing at this point in the season. Hard to disagree. Winning out the rest of the schedule wouldn't change that if we don't win it all in Htfd.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
While it's unrealistic if they ran the table they would be in.

Reaction Score
Well hopefully we are better by then, long way from now. Its definitely doable we have no Pitino led Lville team in the way, I would be totally thrilled if this team won the AAC tourney, it is a championship bottom line.

Reaction Score
Yeah, not happening unless we have major improvement, but we would easily be in if we ran the table. The bubble is just so, so terrible now that there are 68 teams.

Reaction Score
On the bright side there is potential now for a raucous three days in Hartford. Survive and advance begins in the state capital.
With our fan base if the team is really struggling there will be 3k people there for early round games given inflated prices for tourneys. Maybe people would come out to the title game.

Reaction Score
With our fan base if the team is really struggling there will be 3k people there for early round games given inflated prices for tourneys. Maybe people would come out to the title game.

Place will be packed no matter what their record is in all rounds I believe, as long as they survive.

Reaction Score
At 9-7 now, running the table would get them to 23-7. I think even 13-1 probably gets them in, although they would probably still need to win one more game in the American tournament.

With the inconsistencies of this team I find it hard to believe they can do this. If they could split the road games between Cincy/SMU they have a chance, but I worry we will slip up at Memphis, at home against Tulsa/SMU or the return game at Temple.

Reaction Score
Anyone that has a bad word about Joe Lunardi with him keeping us in the hunt needs to keep it to themselves LOL Wow

Reaction Score
so amore is wrong then? we are in the worst case scenario and still in the hunt. win 3 or 4 in a row we are in the field
If he is saying that we can go undefeated the rest of the regular season and still miss the NCAA tournament if we don't win the AAC tournament, then yes, he is mostly likely wrong. Unless the bubble this year is at least 5X stronger than any other year since the field expanded to 68 teams.

Reaction Score
Good news is we have USF and UCF coming up at home. SHOULD sweep that. Put as at 11-7 4-2 in the league. Maybe a little mo before the game at Cincy. We'll see from there

Reaction Score
Amore is giving an opinion based on our play to this point. Neither he or Lunardi control anything but first 4 out seems to be optimistic.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
so amore is wrong then? we are in the worst case scenario and still in the hunt. win 3 or 4 in a row we are in the field

Neither is wrong. They are just opinions. Mine:if we play as we have been or even a little better, we need to win the AAC. If we make a great turn-around, we can get in w/o it.
We are hanging our hats on the Dayton & FL wins this year and we don't play another team rated as highly as Stanford the rest of the way. It is a pretty daunting task for this team.
Win about 12 of 14 including most of the few top 100 RPI teams on our schedule.

Reaction Score
At 9-7 now, running the table would get them to 23-7. I think even 13-1 probably gets them in, although they would probably still need to win one more game in the American tournament.

With the inconsistencies of this team I find it hard to believe they can do this. If they could split the road games between Cincy/SMU they have a chance, but I worry we will slip up at Memphis, at home against Tulsa/SMU or the return game at Temple.

What on earth indicates this team can run the table? Yes, I'm a Huskies fan but I have to deny my lying eyes to see them with 23 wins by the conference tourney.

Reaction Score
If he is saying that we can go undefeated the rest of the regular season and still miss the NCAA tournament if we don't win the AAC tournament, then yes, he is mostly likely wrong. Unless the bubble this year is at least 5X stronger than any other year since the field expanded to 68 teams.
If that happens we'll be 23-8 14-2 if we have a first round loss in the AACT. would be tough to keep us out but its not too much different than SMU last year. However our OOC SOS would be a zillion times better.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
If that happens we'll be 23-8 14-2 if we have a first round loss in the AACT. would be tough to keep us out but its not too much different than SMU last year. However our OOC SOS would be a zillion times better.
That's a big however, though

Reaction Score
They would have to go 12-2 the rest of the way in the regular season to not have to win the AAC outright. Can it happen? Possibly. Do I see it happening at the present time. No. They would also have to win 1-2 games in the AAC tourney. So 22-10 at minimum would get them in. Anything less and I just don't see it with their bad OOC record against quality opponents.

Reaction Score
We are certainly not as bad as many teams that will be in the tournament, but that's not how the game is played, is it? Reeling off 4 or 5 in a row now might give us a false sense of euphoria that could be dashed in an instant in conference games or AAC tourney but what else is there to do from now till March? Always a hope that about 5 of our players get their switches turned on.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If things continue as they have, the AAC Tourney will be make or break - we did a good amount of damage to the season over the past two games.

We're 9-7 in a conference that received actual scorn from the committee last year - and it's much worse this year. If we were a seven seed last year, we need divine intervention right now.

We're high-70's in the RPI, 2-5 vs the top 50, 3-7 vs the top 100. We have four games remaining against RPI top-50 opponents and we'll probably go 2-2 there. There is a better chance of our remaining top 50 opponents falling out of the top 50 entirely than there is that we'll go 4-0. I figure that absent some sort of improvement, we'll finish the regular season at about 19-11 or 18-12 (12-6/11-7 in conference).

Last year, 23-8 and 12-6 got SMU sent to the NIT. As with SMU, we have have little to show out of conference and I think losing at home before the AAC finals would likely doom us to JV tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom