Amida Workingout for the Celtics Today | The Boneyard

Amida Workingout for the Celtics Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

This guy does not have a big following but is always very accurate.

Reaction Score
Worth noting that the Celtics have a bunch of picks in this years draft. Could see them taking a second round flyer on a guy like Amida and putting him in the D league for a year or two.

Reaction Score
Worth noting that the Celtics have a bunch of picks in this years draft. Could see them taking a second round flyer on a guy like Amida and putting him in the D league for a year or two.
I'm still surprised he is still hasn't withdrawn his name. I wish the guy the best but I just don't see anyway he sticks with an NBA team.

Reaction Score
Buckling up for what should be an awesome thread

tumblr_n5u80x5IU61qz8x31o1_400.gif

Reaction Score
If he's getting workouts with teams, why would he take his name out? At the very least he's getting valuable feedback and developmental points hat he can take back with him.
Yep, it's a no lose situation for him so I'm not sure why it's surprising.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Amida's problem now is more lack of core strength than lack of game understanding. Even when he gets position he can be effortlessly moved. Don't get me wrong both are problems but this is the biggest one.

I agree. I'd attribute it to too much gymnastics training. Also, how could he expect to improve by scrimmaging against Morgan Tuck?!?! Without Bunkey around, I'm afraid we've lost Amida, even though he's clearly not ready. Who's gonna convince him to stay, Coach Miller?!?!

Reaction Score
I had the same thought. As much as I'm a C's fan, I don't think this would be a good situation for him. If he returns to UConn, he has a chance to develop into a first round pick. At worse, he'll end up a second round selection or no worse than his current situation, unless he gets hurt. IMO it's worth the risk.

Not saying he's capable, but he just needs to get stronger, learn to stay on the floor, ie learn not to foul so much, and develop a post move or two.

C

Chief00

Results speak for themselves -Is he a lot stronger? Does he make the smart play? If the answer is NO - Travis and Glen need to man up and take some responsibility.
As for Bunkey, from what I see Amida and him were never tight - different crew and focus.

Reaction Score
Results speak for themselves -Is he a lot stronger? Does he make the smart play? If the answer is NO - Travis and Glen need to man up and take some responsibility.
As for Bunkey, from what I see Amida and him were never tight - different crew and focus.
You've got to stop with this Bunkey story you've created. It's straddling the line between sad and creepy.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
I just hope Ainge doesn't try to bite off one of his fingers. Brimah already has enough problems holding on to rebounds.

Reaction Score
I agree. I'd attribute it to too much gymnastics training. Also, how could he expect to improve by scrimmaging against Morgan Tuck?!?! Without Bunkey around, I'm afraid we've lost Amida, even though he's clearly not ready. Who's gonna convince him to stay, Coach Miller?!?!
He has to beat her first.

Reaction Score
Good experience for Brimah working out for the Celtics. Brad Stevens is involved with many of the pre-draft workouts. Interacting with Brad Stevens is only going to help him(if Stevens participated). Realistically, Celtics probably wouldn't draft him. He doesn't fit in to their style of play. They like big guys who can stretch the floor. Ultimately, Brimah will probably return but can't fault him for working out for teams and receiving feedback from knoweldgeble NBA people.

Celtics are mor likely to tell him to go back to school than take a flier on him. They are very savy. I'm sure there are other players they would take over him with their second round picks.

C

Chief00

Good experience for Brimah working out for the Celtics. Brad Stevens is involved with many of the pre-draft workouts. Interacting with Brad Stevens is only going to help him(if Stevens participated). Realistically, Celtics probably wouldn't draft him. He doesn't fit in to their style of play. They like big guys who can stretch the floor. Ultimately, Brimah will probably return but can't fault him for working out for teams and receiving feedback from knoweldgeble NBA people.

Celtics are mor likely to tell him to go back to school than take a flier on him. They are very savy. I'm sure there are other players they would take over him with their second round picks.

I had been told Ainge had some degree of interest in Brimah - he was impressed with his shot blocking and how he runs the floor. It's not about giving him good advice.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Celtics have like five 2nd rounders. I wouldn't be surprised if they tell 5 guys who don't have 1st round hopes to stay in the draft, they take them, and send them all to the D-league until they are forgotten about or go overseas. The C's can selfishly end some college careers for guys who they will never play simply because of the surplus of second rounders, I don't like the sound of it.

Reaction Score
I had been told Ainge had some degree of interest in Brimah - he was impressed with his shot blocking and how he runs the floor. It's not about giving him good advice.

I never said it was just about giving him advice.

Some degree doesn't mean they will draft him. He wouldn't have been invited if they had no interest. lol. The Celtics bring in a ton of players most of whom they aren't strongly considering drafting but want to take a closer look at. Brimah isn't going to be drafted by the Celtics, even if they have a ton of 2nd round picks. A number of those picks by the way are most likely going to be packaged in a trade or other transaction.

Reaction Score
Celtics have like five 2nd rounders. I wouldn't be surprised if they tell 5 guys who don't have 1st round hopes to stay in the draft, they take them, and send them all to the D-league until they are forgotten about or go overseas. The C's can selfishly end some college careers for guys who they will never play simply because of the surplus of second rounders, I don't like the sound of it.

The Celtics don't do business like that. They have multiple plans for every pick they have. Everything is viewed as an asset and they want to maximized the value of each asset. They are much more likely to include second round picks in a trade or draft an unknown international player with potential.

Reaction Score
I'm disappointed in DHam Brimah and Purvis for thinking they ready for the NBA and didn't do much in college to make the league and stay on a Team. I see these guys getting drafted but sent to the Samsung league and never getting more than 10 day contacts. Good luck to DHam and Brimah thought. Glad Purvis made the smart decision

Reaction Score
I'm disappointed in DHam Brimah and Purvis for thinking they ready for the NBA and didn't do much in college to make the league and stay on a Team. I see these guys getting drafted but sent to the Samsung league and never getting more than 10 day contacts. Good luck to DHam and Brimah thought. Glad Purvis made the smart decision

Your avatar says it all.

Reaction Score
Yikes.

Reaction Score
15213096820_b214f31773_m.jpg

And back to the women's board with you!!

Reaction Score
Yea the Samsung league is a b__ch for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom