Amazing Aubrey! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Amazing Aubrey!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I just finished watching the replay and it is ridiculous how fast she is and how when confidant, she can just dominate inside. And her defense is just amazing. Cannot be happier for her.

Reaction Score
9BDF69E5-CBF8-4393-A80A-C5053F02280A.jpeg

Reaction Score
As we get into an easier stretch of games, would start to give Aubrey more rest. Back injuries typically do not just go away but must be managed.

Reactions: PvP
Reaction Score
After a painful and long year and a half, Aubrey has come into her own and has proved she belongs on this team. It was posted that she has 2 more years of eligibility and I really hope she will stay at Uconn for both. If she plans on going to the WNBA she can build up her resume for better a better contract. I wish the best for her. GO AUBREY! GO HUSKIES!!!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Mr. Horse,

I think you think the nail on the head. What separates super stars from very good players isn't so much how much they score but when they score. Sort of the "DT Factor". Paige has it and Azzi showed it to us against Texas.
Having four hooves, six nails per shoe, I'd say @Alydar would know a thing or two about nails and heads! ;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
In my numerous discussions this summer with Tonyc regarding this season I often mentioned that Aubrey's return was going to be big for UConn. I said that people had forgotten how good she was and that she was going to help UConn this season especially with Paige being out for the season.

With the loss of Olivia, Evina and Christyn Williams, and with Paige Bueckers going down

I figured that:
Azzi Fudd's production (29.0 / game) would replace Paige Bueckers' production (14.6 / game);

Lou Senechal
's production (14.5 / game) would replace Christyn's production (14.2 / game);

Aubrey
's production (13,5) / game) would replace Evina's production (9.0 / game);

Dorka's increase
in production (from 7.3 to 10.0 - 2.7 / game),
Edwards increase
in production (from 7.9 to 12.5 - 4.6 / game)
And Patterson's production of 2.5 / game would replace Olivia's production (9.2 / game)

So far and I know that it is early but we do have a top 5 game under our belts, from a points point of view Azzi, Lou, Aubrey and Patterson plus the increase in production from Dorka and Edwards production we have combined for 66.8 / game

While Paige, Olivia, Evina and Christyn combined for 47 points / game

This places this years top producers at a +19.8 / game which gives us a cushion to adjust as the season goes on and bodies wear down, and competition gets tougher.

The stats above also reflect that UConn has averaged over its first two games 90.5 points per game whereas last year's version averaged 73.8 points per game. This of course will not hold as the season progresses I expect the average points per game to be higher than last year and only somewhat lower than it is right now. I think with the fire power that we have we will average around 86 points per game which is 14 points better than we were last year. I think this puts us into the final four and a serious contender for the National Championship. South Carolina and Stanford pose match-up problems for us and their potent offenses will test our defense...but, we are definitely in the conversation.

Azzi Fudd - 12.1 (2022) - 21.5 (2023)
Caroline Ducharme
- 9.8 (2022) - 11.0 (2023)
Lou Lopez-Senechal
- 0.0 (2022) - 11.5 (2023)
Aaliyah Edwards
- 7.9 (2022) - 11.0 (2023)
Aubrey Griffin
- 0.0 (2022) - 10.0 (2023)
Dorka Juhasz
- 7.3 (2022) - (9.0) 2023
Nika Muhl
- 3.8 (2022) - 5.5 (2023)
Ayanna Patterson
- 0.0 (2022) - 3 (2023)
Amari DeBerry
- 1.6 (2002) - 2.2 (2023)
Ines Bettencourt
- 0.0 (2022) - 1.3 (2023)

Total 86 points / game

Now just imagine if we had Paige Bueckers and Ice Brady we would be the first Husky team to average over 100 points per game. And then next year we bring in KK Arnold, Ashlynn Shade, Jana El Alfy and Qadence Samuels and we only lose Lou Lopez-Senechal and Dorka Juhrasz. Next year will be UConn's best, deepest and most potent offensive team ever. They will have all the pieces and no one and I mean no one barring an act of God will prevent UConn from winning the national championship.
GIF by Achievement Hunter

Reaction Score
I feel the the Shaq meme. It's not that I wasn't familiar with her game, but I just forgot how good she was. She's really fun to watch and it feels like she's only scratching the surface. Offensively she seems so comfortable and can score the ball in different ways. I'd like her to get 10 plus shots a game. And then for her to switch on to Diamond Johnson as well... Crazy talent.

Reaction Score
I expected next to nothing from Aubrey this year. Back surgery can be the end of a career. Instead she has been a revelation. I watched the NC State game again last night and she basically destroyed that team. Defending. Rebounding. Shooting. She was everywhere.We might have won that game even without Azzi. She was that good.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Having watched some of Aubrey's HS games that were linked.

The occasional flash of brilliant physical execution was quite pleasing for 2 years.

However. She didn't seem to be figuring out what to do or how to contribute.

Then the surgery. I think more than 1 and the biggie is her back.

It seems clear that Aubrey has a handle on her role and how she can effect the game.

She I think has grown as a person as well as a player.

I'm looking forward to watching Aubrey develop her game.

I sincerely hope she never has issues with her back again.

Watching her play this year has been wonderful.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Anyone know where I can get a hair shirt to wear for the season in expiation for my having given up on Aubrey? Her turn about has been remarkable.
They should sell them on the By, as you aren't the only poster to qualify for one! :oops:

Reaction Score
Back in her sophomore year, I remember thinking that when she came off the bench, Aubrey was the personification of “Game Changer”.
She seemed to be moving at 78rpm when everyone else was at 33 1/3.
For those that remember phonographs.
Almost like Geno lobbed a grenade on the court.

Against NC State, because she started, she came out like a tornado.
Put them back on their heels from the get go.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
She’s done it again!

View attachment 80919
This is THE REAL Aubrey Griffin. The one Geno recruited 4 years ago. The Aubrey Griffin he envisioned playing for him, and doing all of the things she is doing. The only question is.....will she return for her red-shirt senior year?

I'm fairly certain she wants to play professionally. Most D1 WCBB players do. She will be draft eligible for the next WNBA draft in April of next year. We'll cross THAT bridge when we come to it. Right now, I'm going to enjoy watching her play. I so much like the new Aubrey. She's capable of having a breakout game at any moment. :D

Addendum.............A BIG extended bow, standing ovation, and a tip o' the turban to her doctors and surgeons that performed her back surgery. They too are some real "BADASSES." Kudos to her after-surgery physical therapists and athletic trainers. They ALL did an excellent job. The proof is her ability to play/perform at a high level. She said in a preseason interview that she was back and feeling better than ever with no pain or restrictions. We know Geno is elated to have her back. We know how delicate back surgery can be. Some folks are never the same after back surgery. Welcome back Aubrey, we missed you. :)

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Back in her sophomore year, I remember thinking that when she came off the bench, Aubrey was the personification of “Game Changer”.
She seemed to be moving at 78rpm when everyone else was at 33 1/3.
For those that remember phonographs.
Almost like Geno lobbed a grenade on the court.

Against NC State, because she started, she came out like a tornado.
Put them back on their heels from the get go.
THAT is precisely what I've been preaching the last 3 months. Don't wait for the game to "come to you." Go get it and put your opponent in a hole from the tip and let them play catch up like NC St. tried to do. :cool:

Reaction Score
+1

There's another stat that never gets discussed and that's pts in the 4th period & OT. Some 20pt/gm players are fully extended getting their 20. Bueckers was a 20/game scorer that was easily capable of getting 30+ when needed. Fudd, against one of the better defenses in the country, got 20 in the last 10.5 minutes of the Tex. game on 9 shots. And it came with both Senechal and Ducharme on the bench. The ability to score a lot quickly is something UConn has thrived for decades.
Apparently, Lou also has that ability.

Reaction Score
I believe Aubrey has been a toss-up second best on the team so far this young season, along with Nika Muhl.

Reaction Score
I can’t help but give a big shout out to Aubrey. This young lady did not play basketball for 18 months due to injuries and had back surgery. Here she is back in her second game of the season averaging 13.5 points and 4.5 rebounds. A fantastic spark off the bench for our team. Great job Aubrey!!! UConn fans love you.
Indeed. Wow did they miss her last season. She adds a completely different dimension than anyone else on the roster.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom