Alterique update | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Alterique update

Reaction Score
Did I miss news of any MRI? Not any kind of medical person, but X-rays show structural/bone damage, MRIs would show ligament type damage? Is the X-ray precautionary, and an MRI is forth coming? If they went straight for only the X-ray, that typically would mean they think the shoulder joint itself is fine, right?

So many questions, please tell us more!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
We need to be honest it’s not going to be the same going forward. Even If he returns all confidence in the shoulder is gone. We shouldn’t be playing a kid who can not absorb a typical screen because of chronic shoulder problems it doesn’t do anyone any good. As far as next year, In addition to a center we’re now going to need a point guard. Big opportunity for coach hunters kid if he comes here(he will).
To be "honest," you'd best start your first sentence with "I," not "We."

Reaction Score
He had a laterjet procedure which attaches a piece of bone to the front of the socket effectively making the socket “larger” in front so it takes more force for it to pop out of socket. The bone is attached by 2 screws.

The main concern would be if the screws/bone/fixation broke. This is most effectively diagnosed with X-ray. Sometimes CT scan.

A MRI would not be useful because of the metal scatter artifact from the screws.

What he had done is the last ditch effort to stabilize the shoulder. There is nothing more surgically that can be done.

Looking at the replays, my thought is he will be fine. The imaging hopefully confirms that.

Reaction Score
Alterique's injury means a ton to this program as we speak now. He's a game changer for this and next year like it or not. But this kid himself is all I care about right now. Even the last 2 years watching him on the sidelines in street clothes supporting his friends and teammates despite the frustrations he was going though, told me so much about him. I want him to be ok for Alterique not us, he deserves to be fine!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sigh...and I was probably the only one who watched with anticipation when Bill Laimbeer trotted on the floor looking for a victim.

Slam someone down on a screen and the Prince of Darkness would trot to center court sideline.

The game has always been physical...

I think Alterique will be OK to play very soon....Hurley seems to think so.

C

Chief00

Alterique's injury means a ton to this program as we speak now. He's a game changer for this and next year like it or not. But this kid himself is all I care about right now. Even the last 2 years watching him on the sidelines in street clothes supporting him friends and teammates despite the frustratiosn he was going though, told me so much about him. I want him to be ok for Alterique not us, he deserves to be fine!
He’s a Chief favorite and I know Calhoun had nothing but good things to say about Gilbert. Jim respected his talent, work ethic/character and acceptance of coaching.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It was a good screen but yeah how about some payback. Plant that seed. That’s how Chief was taugh the game. But, we don’t really have anyone who has the physical make-up and mindset to be that Enforcer.

This is dumb. It was a perfectly clean play.

If you want to take it out on anyone, it should be Cobb (although any retaliation in this case is stupid).

Reaction Score
He had a laterjet procedure which attaches a piece of bone to the front of the socket effectively making the socket “larger” in front so it takes more force for it to pop out of socket. The bone is attached by 2 screws.

The main concern would be if the screws/bone/fixation broke. This is most effectively diagnosed with X-ray. Sometimes CT scan.

A MRI would not be useful because of the metal scatter artifact from the screws.

What he had done is the last ditch effort to stabilize the shoulder. There is nothing more surgically that can be done.

Looking at the replays, my thought is he will be fine. The imaging hopefully confirms that.
Thanks for the clarification

Reaction Score
Alterique's injury means a ton to this program as we speak now. He's a game changer for this and next year like it or not. But this kid himself is all I care about right now. Even the last 2 years watching him on the sidelines in street clothes supporting him friends and teammates despite the frustratiosn he was going though, told me so much about him. I want him to be ok for Alterique not us, he deserves to be fine!

Very well said Mau. My exact same sentiment.

Reaction Score
Did I miss news of any MRI? Not any kind of medical person, but X-rays show structural/bone damage, MRIs would show ligament type damage? Is the X-ray precautionary, and an MRI is forth coming? If they went straight for only the X-ray, that typically would mean they think the shoulder joint itself is fine, right?

So many questions, please tell us more!
The game was Saturday, today is Tuesday. They certainly know by now how serious this injury is I would think but we have heard nothing definitive. I take that as a good sign that he’ll play soon.

Reaction Score
Just from his reaction it’s seens he’s done.
Have you ever seen someone react to getting the wind knocked out of them? You'd think they'd be out for the season but most often are back in the game in under 10 minutes. Initial reactions, either indicating pain or not, aren't reliable.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Have you ever seen someone react to getting the wind knocked out of them? You'd think they'd be out for the season but most often are back in the game in under 10 minutes. Initial reactions, either indicating pain or not, aren't reliable.
He was near full speed when he laterally slammed his shoulder into that goof. A-Dub says the scream was blood-curdling as he dropped to the floor holding the shoulder. When on the floor he was motionless for a bit.

I am nervous.

Reaction Score
He was near full speed when he laterally slammed his shoulder into that goof. A-Dub says the scream was blood-curdling as he dropped to the floor holding the shoulder. When on the floor he was motionless for a bit.

I am nervous.

Have to agree with Dove on this. No news is uh oh news for me, but maybe that's just a couple years of expectations not coming to fruition. Everything crossed for the young man.

Reaction Score
He has a hang nail. Out 4 to 6 weeks. He'll be ready for the tourney.

Reaction Score

I am nervous.

But he also pushed himself up with that arm which leads me to believe the initial reaction was fear based

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
But he also pushed himself up with that arm which leads me to believe the initial reaction was fear based
Cool. The provided video did not show this.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I am not a doctor but I will be staying at a Holiday Inn Express this weekend so I will get back to you all on this from there.

I like them.

Always very clean in comparison to other Hotels.

Reaction Score
Have to agree with the sentiment that no news is NOT good news here. Hopefully we know more today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom