Alterique update | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Alterique update

Reaction Score
There was another comment from Hurley (paraphrasing) about having to protect Al from himself. Which, to me, sounds like its sore but he wants to push through it as long as it is structurally sound (it is) but that staff and trainers are going to play the long game with him and not rush him back. Gut feeling is 20% chance he plays against UCF, 80% hes back for ECU.

Reaction Score
If they decide to sit AG Thursday against UCF our chances to win the game decrease drastically - obviously Terrence Smith is not even close to AG talent wise. Too bad cuz it seemed like the team was starting to play better. But if you’re going to sit him Thursday in a very important game against UCF then you might as well sit him again agsinst ECU you on Sunday in a game where we should roll - no sense rushing him back if you’re not going to bring him back for the UCF game

Reaction Score
"Structurally in tact" is as close to an assurance as we'll get that we dodged a bullet and this should not be long-term.
The surgery worked, he can take a hit because he about ran into a brick wall and if it was in any way weak it certainly would not be intact after that. His shoulder does not seem more likely to be reinjured because obviously it was repaired the right way this time. Call off the doom and gloom sayers. Really happy for him.....and us.

Reaction Score
Obviously a prediction but I think AG plays Thursday. Can’t have that “heart of a lion” line and have him sit out. AG knows how important Thursday is, wants to play, but in the end, up to the medical staff.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Phew, everything is still intact:

Untitled11_original_original_original_crop_exact.jpg

Reaction Score
Another source (but maybe he just listened to the coaches show)

Day to day is promising for Thursday.

Reaction Score
Clyde was one of my all time favorites, but I do like Coach Hunter. We just got to get him more Bigs to work with. One of our Bigs needs to make a physical statement when something like that happened especially Eric since he was the guy who appeared to have screwed up. Has the game changed?
Reminds me of Dave Cowens running Mike Newlin over like an 18 wheeler after he did a phony flop to get a charge call. I don’t recall Mike setting another phone flop charge on Cowens again. At any rate, that’s how Chief learned the game.
A Labor Day NBA Tribute

Where is Lyman DePriest when you need him. No need to do anything other than run through the next screen. Which would then be the last one set. See, e.g., Boston College.

Reaction Score
If it’s intact as is being said & I have no reason not to believe, the issue in addition to soreness might be range of motion. I had a bike accident a week ago & landed on my right shoulder. X-rays/MRI showed no structural damage but it is still sore & the range of motion exercises hurt. Dr said this is because I compressed the ball joint at the top of the arm into the shoulder joint; the range of motion exercises are supposedly helping to loosen up the jam. I wish it would hurry up......

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t believe they use metal anymore. My screws were a ceramic material or at least that’s what I remember for both shoulders.

They use metal screws for this procedure.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Alterique's injury means a ton to this program as we speak now. He's a game changer for this and next year like it or not. But this kid himself is all I care about right now. Even the last 2 years watching him on the sidelines in street clothes supporting his friends and teammates despite the frustrations he was going though, told me so much about him. I want him to be ok for Alterique not us, he deserves to be fine!

Need a multiple likes button for this!

Reaction Score
Which procedure? I’ve has 3 shoulders surgeries in the last 5 years, no metal in me.

Laterjet

If you had a rotator cuff or labral repair you probably had anchors made from PEEK or Biocomposite. Completely different procedure for different indications.
He had a laterjet procedure which attaches a piece of bone to the front of the socket effectively making the socket “larger” in front so it takes more force for it to pop out of socket. The bone is attached by 2 screws.

The main concern would be if the screws/bone/fixation broke. This is most effectively diagnosed with X-ray. Sometimes CT scan.

A MRI would not be useful because of the metal scatter artifact from the screws.

What he had done is the last ditch effort to stabilize the shoulder. There is nothing more surgically that can be done.

Looking at the replays, my thought is he will be fine. The imaging hopefully confirms that.

Reaction Score
Like others, was really enjoying the game and then in a flash didn't care about the game at all given the initial optics of the situation. Felt sick, knowing what that kid has been through and how much basketball must mean to him and his very identity - felt truly horrible and sad.

Figure as bad as I felt, it would be a fraction of how traumatic this would be to Alterique if what we fear and won't speak about were the case. So to see him on the bench later looking composed and calm, leads me to believe that the trainers we're able to largely rule out the worst with their initial assessment.

All of Hurley's comments seem to support this, so think positive. He's gonna be all right. He;s gonna be all right. He's gonna be all right.

Reaction Score
I knew that. Damn I phone spllchk. But thx fir that. Lol.

Reaction Score
Terrance smith. Lol. Trust me I kno every players name the last 30 years. I phone so annoying sometimes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom