Alterique update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Alterique update

Reaction Score
He had to call out that screen. I dont know if anyone wants to put it on him entirely. But calling screens is basketball 101.

And Cobb knows that better than anyone.

I agree but if it’s bad it was going to happen eventually.

Reaction Score
It's essentially the first thing you start to coach once kids can dribble and the game starts to speed up. You don't teach it to 8-12 year olds because they're too slow and it's easy to get around the screen. Once you're playing at a high level, though, it's fundamental and every decent coach drills that.

All true but this is a mistake that happens every game.

Reaction Score
It's essentially the first thing you start to coach once kids can dribble and the game starts to speed up. You don't teach it to 8-12 year olds because they're too slow and it's easy to get around the screen. Once you're playing at a high level, though, it's fundamental and every decent coach drills that.

If someone not teaching kids at any level to communicate screens, you're a bad coach. Instill the habit early or you get garbage defenders like Cobb on the floor

Reaction Score
If someone not teaching kids at any level to communicate screens, you're a bad coach. Instill the habit early or you get garbage defenders like Cobb on the floor
It's a skill I used to have to emphasize again and again. Tells me it wasn't inculcated them in middle school.

Given how low level a lot of the kids I coached were, it wasn't my biggest concern. These kids weren't going to even make varsity, let alone D3 basketball.

But I take your point.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I said it in another thread but I have to believe Cobb’s inability to play the screen correctly in any form or fashion is part of the reason he doesn’t see the floor.

Cobb was pretty upset. He knows he screwed up bad there.

Cobb's only job should be to grab Alterique and stop his momentum. Sacrifice all of your body to soften any blow. I don't care if you have to tackle him sideways.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The scream in real time was blood curdling.

I hope it was because past experience causes him fear, but I fear that he knows from past experiences what happened.

Does that make sense?

Im riffing here.

Whether it was severe or not, I've no idea. But from personal perspective, I've let out blood curdling screams when I temporarily overstretched a injury that was recently healed.

It's a bit of pain, mixed with a whole lot of fear, that causes you to react violently. After a while, you calm down and realize it's gonna be ok.

Reaction Score
Remind me of the last UConn player to get hurt that way other than AG.
Remind me of the last UConn player to get hurt that way other than AG.
Are you saying smashing into someone like that can only cause shoulder injury to people with previous shoulder injuries?

This is strange.

Reaction Score
i’m assuming/hoping the MRI came back clean and X-ray is SOP. I would find it odd to do an X-ray this long after if there was a strong indication of a fracture.

I’m not a Doctor but I did stay at a holiday inn.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Ran into a screen with his chest. Shoulder made no contact but momentum kept it goin.

Kinda like the time i walked into a street sign post while turned around talking to someone.
No he actually hit the screener in the chest with the back/side of his surgical shoulder

Reaction Score
Whether it was severe or not, I've no idea. But from personal perspective, I've let out blood curdling screams when I temporarily overstretched a injury that was recently healed.

It's a bit of pain, mixed with a whole lot of fear, that causes you to react violently. After a while, you calm down and realize it's gonna be ok.
Agree100%. I’m reading between the lines for positives. He was back on the bench without a sling. He was smiling and high giving and jumped up when Diarra scored. Hurley said the line of questions being asked put his mind at ease that diasaster was averted.
It’s a scary feeling for him, especially with his history. I’m not panicking yet and hoping for the best for Al.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I agree but if it’s bad it was going to happen eventually.
if you agree then why do you think it absurd to place blame on Cobb? It was his responsibility to call it out. No one says he did it on purpose but, to be frank, it's par for the course with him

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
The scream in real time was blood curdling.

I hope it was because past experience causes him fear, but I fear that he knows from past experiences what happened.

Does that make sense?

Im riffing here.
Nice rif

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Bad shoulders are a ticking time bomb. Let's just hope for the best.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom