Alterique unlikely vs. Houston | The Boneyard

Alterique unlikely vs. Houston

Reaction Score
Gotta be honest, I know it’s not his fault but I’m getting a little frustrated. The poor kid is always hurt. It’s not going to do us any good to revolve an offense around him if he never plays. We must recruit over him. If he stays healthy, great, I love the kid. But if his injury history is any indicator, we need backup options.

Reaction Score
Hey, Penn State beat Michigan last night. Why can't that happen in CT?

Can it all be due to Kevin Freeman?

Reaction Score
You guys are just forcing it out of me I swear...

tenor.gif

Reaction Score
Hurley loses some credibility here. Said day to day and this is several games....the kid at duke looked like he hurt his shoulder much worse and was back in half the time.

Reaction Score
I think it's a smart decision, if not exactly smoothly handled on the PR front. We aren't going anywhere this season, and I don't think 4 games or whatever it's been is enough to risk either his physical or psychological recovery. Gaffney coming in next year gives us another real ball handler to run the point if need be, but I really think AG is going to be fine. The surgery he had this last time is really good at stopping recurrent shoulder dislocations.

Reaction Score
Really beginning to think we don't see him again this season, and am a bit nervous about continuing to build the offense around him as the PG moving forward.

Exactly what I stated above. We need another guard for next year.

Reaction Score
I'll take some more playing time and experience for Polley and Syd at this point, particularly Syd.

This season is a wash anyways until we get into the conference tournament, which I'm confident Gilbert will be back in full form by then.

Let Syd loose!!

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I'll take some more playing time and experience for Polley and Syd at this point, particularly Syd.

This season is a wash anyways until we get into the conference tournament, which I'm confident Gilbert will be back in full form by then.

Let Syd loose!!

And more time for Magic Cobb .

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I think it's a smart decision, if not exactly smoothly handled on the PR front. We aren't going anywhere this season, and I don't think 4 games or whatever it's been is enough to risk either his physical or psychological recovery. Gaffney coming in next year gives us another real ball handler to run the point if need be, but I really think AG is going to be fine. The surgery he had this last time is really good at stopping recurrent shoulder dislocations.
I'm not worried about its impact on this season because, as you note, we aren't going anywhere. I am increasingly concerned that Gilbert is not ever going to fine again though if this is result any time he gets hit in the shoulder. My stay at the Holiday Inn Express a few weeks ago tells me that this is not normal, and makes me think it never will be normal again, which really sucks for both and AG and the team--a major setback in the rebuild plan imo.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's been said by many, the best ability in sports is availability.

Kid, through no fault of his own, is a walking injury list. It's tough to create a plan for a team to grow throughout the season without a PG.
Getting depth at the PG position has to be #1 priority for the rest of the recruiting season.

Reaction Score
People on this board making it seem like this is Phi Slamma Jamma we are playing. Houston is a good team with half their team either jucos or transfers. Sampson doesn’t grind in recruiting like Hurley about too. Not saying we are going to win but this Houston team has only played a couple road games and have only beaten two ranked teams all year cincy and LSU and one of those teams isn’t ranked anymore. I think we play hard and make them work for this one tough travel from Houston to Hartford. Boneyard have some pride.

Reaction Score
Exactly what I stated above. We need another guard for next year.

So you want a 6 guard roster in case Gilbert gets hurt again? Who are we going to get that wants to sit behind 5 other guards or at the least compete against? We will have Gilbert, B. Adams, Vital, Bouknight, and Gaffney.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Still scared? Of what? I am genuinely curious how anyone works up any emotion whatsoever about the current state of affairs.
Scared that the kid will be plagued by this injury and never come close to reaching his potential as a basketball player.

Reaction Score
Yup. After he missed the Memphis game and the temple game- they’ll be no reason at all to bring him back against a physical Houston -team plus we got a week off in between- like I said before - he comes back next Thursday- that’s the most logical scenario. If he’s not back by next Thursday, I don’t know what to say. You can’t hold him out for the rest of the year because then his whole year ends on a sour note and he’s pretty much right back to square one again next fall - it’s a must for him to get some games in before this year is over for his physical and mental well being.

Reaction Score
Today was his first full day of contact in three weeks? What? Something doesn’t add up. He goes from day to day to this being his first full contact practice in three weeks? When was the last piece of good news we’ve had this year ? Akok committing?since then it’s been a walking nightmare of one thing after Another. Unreal

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom