Alterique transferring (again) | The Boneyard

Alterique transferring (again)

Reaction Score
9B579702-ECE8-42CB-986F-61A1D20332A1.png

Reaction Score
At this point the only reason to stay in school is to become a coach himself. He needs to find a place that will get him on that track

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
At this point the only reason to stay in school is to become a coach himself. He needs to find a place that will get him on that track

Well we do have an opening for assistant coach. Maybe he plays a year and then does the Diarra route and becomes part of the staff.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure why he’d play in college another year. It’s not like he’s going to grow 6 inches and get drafted. At the same time, it is a lot of fun being a college basketball player. Probably a lot more fun than playing pro in Europe.

Reaction Score
Not sure why you would say that, but I don't think so.
Two former high school teammates of mine played in Europe as well as my best friend's cousin. All thought it was a real grind. Not a ton of money. A lot of people didn't speak English, including teammates, and they had to move around quite a bit. On top of that, they miss their friends and family. It is only really good for the big stars and they always have their eyes on the door back to the NBA. In college, they are celebrities with their pick of women, easy classes and good food. (and many make a paycheck to boot)

Reaction Score
Would love for him to be recruited by a school with a long-term vision of having him join the coaching staff in 22-23. Play 21-22 as like a "player-coach".

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
he will be 24 years old playing next szn. wow
Rodman was what like 25 when went to the NBA.

(Yeah, not comparing the two, just the ages.)

Reaction Score
Two former high school teammates of mine played in Europe as well as my best friend's cousin. All thought it was a real grind. Not a ton of money. A lot of people didn't speak English, including teammates, and they had to move around quite a bit. On top of that, they miss their friends and family. It is only really good for the big stars and they always have their eyes on the door back to the NBA. In college, they are celebrities with their pick of women, easy classes and good food. (and many make a paycheck to boot)
There seems to be this perception that one: every high major college player can go play “pro overseas” and two: get paid well to do so.

It’s definitely a grind, I know quite a few guys that have played overseas or still are (some were solid prospects, others not as high) and it’s definitely a grind. Constantly having to move from team to team, league to league, country to country etc. A lot of times there aren’t any Americans on the team, it’s tough. There are some fantastic leagues out there that pay well and create a sense of stability. But for a lot of guys, theyre journeymen, could end up anywhere. Maybe AG just doesn’t want to do that yet. Could be worthwhile to get a masters degree for free, stay stateside and try to parlay that into a nice gig for himself. Not a bad thing at all. I wish him well, he’s had a tough journey.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom