All Americans?? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

All Americans??

Reaction Score
I agree 100%. Cox shouldn't be in consideration IMO. Good player, yes. Ahead of Young/KLS/Hebard (among others)? No way.
I’m sorry but Lauren cox is baylor’s Most valuable player that they always need on the floor! She scores, rebound, defend, assists! Whenever Brown gets into foul trouble, Lauren always steps in and take over for the team! Lauren cox is a complete player

Reaction Score
I prefer to have a subset (or 'Qualified') data set vs higher competition as opposed to full seasons stats.

I will have report publicly available tomorrow which you can customize yourself using both criteria (i.e. RPI, Massey, AP or USA Today) and ranking (enter separately for H, N and A games) and date range (by week) for all the Top Players.

Here is a screenshot from report for: RPI with Revised Criteria (i.e. Home vs Top 30, Neutral vs Top 50 and Away vs Top 75).

1552684975025.png

Post about report.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Arike hands down deserves to be on the top 2 teams. She's likely the 1st person who missed the top team and may be 1st team on other publications. If Young bumps someone, it isn't Arike who gets knocked down.
Jackie Young has been more consistent in her effort in the games I’ve seen. Arike seems to turn it on and off, have spectacular second halves after disappearing in the first

If I were a coach I’d pick JY every time

Reaction Score
Arike: 21.0 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 3.9 apg, 1.9 spg, 2.1 TO/game, 44.6% FG, 34.9% 3pt, 49.8% Effective FG, 78.4% FT. 16.9 shots per game

Durr: 21.3 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 3.2 apg, 1.6 spg, 1.8 TO/game, 44.3% FG, 34.7% 3pt, 52.7% Effective FG, 82.6% FT. 16.7 shots per game

KLS: 18.9 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 3.8 apg, 1.3 spg, 0.6 bpg, 1.6 TO/game, 45.8% FG, 37.8% 3pt, 55.1% Effective FG, 88.1% FT. 13.8 shots per game

SC: 18.0 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 2.8 apg, 1.3 spg, 0.3 bpg, 3.0 TO/game, 48.7% FG, 41.1% 3pt, 59.4% Effective FG, 82.9% FT. 11.6 shots per game

Above are a lot of stats for 4 wonderful college players. I present them with a point of emphasis, solely to make the case that the fourth player on the list certainly deserves to be in the company of the other three.

And she has significantly less talent around her vs the other 3.

Here are each players averages by 4 different Ratings listed alphabetically by christian name.

RPI Revised Rating games (Home vs Top 30, Neutral Vs 50 and Away vs Top 75).
Massey Revised Rating games (H30, N50 and A75).
AP Poll Rating games (H25, N25 and A25).
USA Today Poll Rating games (H25, N25 and A25).

2018-19 NPOY Comparison 1.png

Reaction Score
Maybe defense has something to do with Arike's placement on the teams. She is slowest person back up court on defense for Notre Dame, and whoever has her defending them is easily able to get past her (of course, at their peril as we have seen- the lethal hip-check seems to always be in play). I too would take Jackie Young over her and even Jessica Shepard for that matter.

Reaction Score
My take on it is that I’m not upset that she didn’t make it. I’m not mad that the players who made it, made it over her. They worked just as hard if not harder than her. I’m not basing my opinion off her shooting numbers. I’m forming my opinion off her just not doing enough in the bigger games against the players on this list. A lot of people don’t like Arike and Asia, but they are shot hunters and they make crucial plays when the game depends on it. She didn’t make those kind of plays. (Look for the earlier post someone made in this thread that lays out the stats for head-to-head matchups against other AA’s on the list.) All those stats about 2000 points and AA from last year and the year before don’t matter; it matters about what you did THIS year to make THIS AA team. My question to you is who specifically would you replace her with?
And again you skipped over my post. My response was not to argue for or against. It was to (1) ask you what proof do you have that they (other players) worked harder? You skipped answering it and just restated your factless opinion.

(2) I am not going to take anyone off the list, I just stated that its not absurd if someone values Lou's intangibles plus her solid numbers, which are mostly better than her past AA seasons except FG%s., to have her on the list.

So to wrap up, if her overall game improved then for some folks, and I am not even arguing she should be, believe she should at least have gotten a vote it does not mean they are blinded, she is a fan favorite or ignoring others accomplishments, etc... or any other factless assumption you want to make. That is my point.

Reaction Score
I’m sorry but Lauren cox is baylor’s Most valuable player that they always need on the floor! She scores, rebound, defend, assists! Whenever Brown gets into foul trouble, Lauren always steps in and take over for the team! Lauren cox is a complete player

I have to agree with you here. Kalani goes through some major stretches of just not very good basketball at times. Kim has gotten on her repeatedly throughout this season for not playing with not a lot of effort/intensity on plays. Cox, even if she is missing shots is impacting the game through her defense, rebounding, blocks, and assists.

Reaction Score
And again you skipped over my post. My response was not to argue for or against. It was to (1) ask you what proof do you have that they (other players) worked harder? You skipped answering it and just restated your factless opinion.

(2) I am not going to take anyone off the list, I just stated that its not absurd if someone values Lou's intangibles plus her solid numbers, which are mostly better than her past AA seasons except FG%s., to have her on the list.

So to wrap up, if her overall game improved then for some folks, and I am not even arguing she should be, believe she should at least have gotten a vote it does not mean they are blinded, she is a fan favorite or ignoring others accomplishments, etc... or any other factless assumption you want to make. That is my point.
Who’s arguing? Factless because I don’t agree with you? Let’s agree to disagree because my opinion isn’t changing.

Reaction Score
Who’s arguing? Factless because I don’t agree with you? Let’s agree to disagree because my opinion isn’t changing.
factless because you present no facts as to how you can say others worked harder. Three replies and you ignore me asking you. Yes lets agree to disagree which I like to point out I have said myself I am not sure she should have made it. You can't be humble and actually just say "I misspoke and I do not know if anyone worked harder than Lou or not." Because you don't.

Reaction Score
factless because you present no facts as to how you can say others worked harder. Three replies and you ignore me asking you. Yes lets agree to disagree which I like to point out I have said myself I am not sure she should have made it. You can't be humble and actually just say "I misspoke and I do not know if anyone worked harder than Lou or not." Because you don't.
Ok

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom