All about Paige Bueckers Vol 2 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

All about Paige Bueckers Vol 2

Reaction Score
Holy Cow, is Paige fun to watch or what? Love her swaggy ways.......! So glad she picked UCONN! Hip Hip Horray!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score

Loved the first part where Paige left the defender on her rear end and scored, that must have really embarrassed the defender. There's another clip that was posted that if I hadn't had seen the defender eventually get up off the floor I would have sworn that she had broken BOTH of her ankles after Paige faked her out.:eek::eek::eek:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Geno says Paige will be great, but she will have some struggles, as Stewie and Diana did. Then there was that other kid, Maya:

“Maya is the only freshman who came here, ‘Got this.’ She came here as a college player. You didn’t have to tell her anything. She already worked harder than any college kid in America. She had talent. She was tough. She was competitive. First day of practice, you knew: best player in the country. She hadn’t even practiced yet. That is why she is Maya. That is why there is only one Maya.”
I agree... I was glad to see Maya for 4 yrs on CPTV

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Geno says Paige will be great, but she will have some struggles, as Stewie and Diana did. Then there was that other kid, Maya:

“Maya is the only freshman who came here, ‘Got this.’ She came here as a college player. You didn’t have to tell her anything. She already worked harder than any college kid in America. She had talent. She was tough. She was competitive. First day of practice, you knew: best player in the country. She hadn’t even practiced yet. That is why she is Maya. That is why there is only one Maya.”

thumbs-up.png

Reaction Score
Me think that when Paige drives to the basket against people like ONO in college, she is going to get a few of those shots swatted down.

How many bigs on defense are like ONO?

Secondly, that big better not break away from ONO to early otherwise Paige won't bother to shot. She'll have 6'4 target to throw to.

And at that point the big won't know if she is going to pass or shoot.

Reaction Score
Hopkins and Paige Bueckers will be streamed Saturday night at 7 PM central at the link below:

Just watched a replay of the game. Hopkins won 97-79. The star of the game was Adalia McKenzie of Park Center who had 42 points in a loss. She shot 12-13 for 27 points in the 1st half. McKenzie has a college-ready body and enough speed to get behind the Hopkins defenders in transition a half dozen times. PC just couldn't match up to Hopkins' size. Bueckers was Bueckers. Watching her play an entire game against a good opponent you see everything wrong she does, something those highlights never shows. There is never much but tonight her one-on-one defense would not have earned AA. She picked up 4 fouls guarding McKenzie. But she also looked like the next pg for UConn. Her 30 points came mostly off drives and mid-range jumpers. She consistently found open shooters and had quite a few rebounds in the game. A game worth watching.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Just watched a replay of the game. Hopkins won 97-79. The star of the game was Adalia McKenzie of Park Center who had 42 points in a loss. She shot 12-13 for 27 points in the 1st half. McKenzie has a college-ready body and enough speed to get behind the Hopkins defenders in transition a half dozen times. PC just couldn't match up to Hopkins' size. Bueckers was Bueckers. Watching her play an entire game against a good opponent you see everything wrong she does, something those highlights never shows. There is never much but tonight her one-on-one defense would not have earned AA. She picked up 4 fouls guarding McKenzie. But she also looked like the next pg for UConn. Her 30 points came mostly off drives and mid-range jumpers. She consistently found open shooters and had quite a few rebounds in the game. A game worth watching.
I tried watching, but the video would freeze after 20 seconds or so. I gave up after a few attempts. Thanks for the report!

McKenzie was averaging 31.6 ppg as of last week. She is reportedly the top Minnesota player in the Class of 2021. HoopGurlz does not have her in their top 60 nationally.

Reaction Score
Me think that when Paige drives to the basket against people like ONO in college, she is going to get a few of those shots swatted down.

I sense she will be more than smart enough to adjust her game accordingly based upon her opponent's strengths/weaknesses.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So, I would say Hopkins would place second behind UConn in the AAC. ;)

One thing that I do not understand is that apparently their are National Tournaments that can decide the best HS teams but MN does not let their teams participate? :eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::confused:

Can some one explain how this is possible and what is the 'logic' behind that?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom