All about Paige Bueckers Vol 2 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

All about Paige Bueckers Vol 2

Reaction Score
The gave the player of the game to K.K. Adams, who ONLY had 9 points and a couple of assists compared to Paige's numbers. Paige had 3 steals in the last 10 minutes of the game, so she might have had more than 3.

I heard that but I guess they are trying to spread the wealth. :)
Hopkins will still have a great team for the next 2 years. Lots of very talented freshmen and sophomores.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Paige will be at Sunday's game against Notre Dame:

Just noticed I had the wrong tweet here. Fixed now.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
UConnCat's two quotes on Bueckers above came from this interview with Geno:

Auriemma was asked what he expects to be saying next year about Bueckers. His response was telling.

“I am going to be saying, ‘You know what, we wouldn’t have won the national championship without her.’ That is what I am going to say. By herself she can’t win anything. But with the people I think we are going to surround her with, I think we can do great things,” he said.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Ms Bueckers never ceases to amaze. She is an incredible player and ambassador for the sport. I would not be surprised to learn that she made the Kessel Run in under 12 parsecs! ;)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

Auriemma was asked what he expects to be saying next year about Bueckers. His response was telling.

“I am going to be saying, ‘You know what, we wouldn’t have won the national championship without her.’ That is what I am going to say. By herself she can’t win anything. But with the people I think we are going to surround her with, I think we can do great things,” he said.

At some point however he's also going to be saying, "Hrumph, best player in the country huh? Maybe we got the wrong one", or "How about a little defense from Ms. All Everything", or "She's going to be really, really good once she learns how to play this game". Geno stuff like that.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Geno says Paige will be great, but she will have some struggles, as Stewie and Diana did. Then there was that other kid, Maya:

“Maya is the only freshman who came here, ‘Got this.’ She came here as a college player. You didn’t have to tell her anything. She already worked harder than any college kid in America. She had talent. She was tough. She was competitive. First day of practice, you knew: best player in the country. She hadn’t even practiced yet. That is why she is Maya. That is why there is only one Maya.”

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger