All about Paige Bueckers Vol 2 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

All about Paige Bueckers Vol 2

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score

Glad to see that there was only one relatively brief mention of Paige in the piece, and the interview focused on one of her teammates. That suggests that she does not demand to be the focus of attention on the team, or perhaps that her coach is making sure that she isn't. Either way, a good sign about her attitude and team orientation.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Just a sample of an extensive profile:

Walk into Hopkins’ Lindbergh Center on any late fall or winter afternoon and be prepared to witness a basketball exhibition masquerading as a high school practice.

Unlike on game nights, admission is free, but the Paige Bueckers Show is on full display and as good as ever.

From hitting tough shots to finding teammates out of thin air to flashing her hellacious handles, Bueckers’ full, and ever-expanding, bag of tricks is out in full force.

“Every day you coach her, you just kind of go, ‘Wow,’ there’s something you haven’t seen her do,” Hopkins coach Brian Cosgriff said. “She’s just that special.”

Reaction Score
Gotta admit, I'm hooked, I watch every video of her - I love that unselfish game persona that she has, it'll be a perfect for Geno, UCONN, and, of course.....the Boneyard. :D:D

Reaction Score
That article has me even more pumped. I realize it was her father and coach being quoted but .....

If Geno was a writer as well as a coach and he wrote about his dream player it might not measure up to the description I just read. And by that I mean her heart and soul as well as her talent & skill. The first player Geno may need to lock out of the gym. :)

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
I don't know if Bueckers will be the fourth on the Mount Rushmore of UConn greats when she leaves, but she has made the Rushmore of anticipated greatness coming in. Three HS number ones have come in since Stewart and before Bueckers, but none with the promise this number one shows. It's more than the promise of winning or greatness; it's also the promise of fun!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
She made a no look pass after crossing up her defender the other night that has to be seen to be believed. I saw it in Business Insider posted today, but I could not copy the clip.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hopkins' game against Farmington will be streamed at this link at 7:00 Central tonight.

The feed is up and running. Game should start in about 20+ minutes. It'll be archived to watch later too.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the link, Sluconn. Watching the first part of the game Yes, she has some great moves. I thought, though, she did not play much UCONN defense and seemed not in UCONN shape. Sure, only a HS senior, but still... There will be a bit of work to do for her, I suspect.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Bueckers has 17 at the half plus 3 assists. She's missed all her threes, been mostly effective on the drive and the short floater and jumper.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Paige is a terrific backdoor and lob passer. She's going to make ONO, Mclean, Griffin, and Edwards very happy players.

Reaction Score
66-45, late and both teams look gassed. Were they shoveling snow all day? ;)

Reaction Score
That Adams kid is automatic from the corner when she is left alone.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Hopkins wins 77-52

Paige ends up with 31 points on 14-23 from the field with 4 assists, 2 or 3 steals
The gave the player of the game to K.K. Adams, who ONLY had 9 points and a couple of assists compared to Paige's numbers. Paige had 3 steals in the last 10 minutes of the game, so she might have had more than 3.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moochi278

Top Bottom